Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mount a Filesystem
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Mount a Filesystem Post 23177 by gambhi_s on Tuesday 18th of June 2002 06:27:08 AM
Old 06-18-2002
On Red Hat linux it's just mount /dev/cdrom .

Rgds
Gambhi.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mount nfs filesystem

I try to share a directory from a wortstation to a server. the share command was no problem. Solaris 8 on mars share -F nfs -o rw /dir/dir2 on the server mount mars:/dir/dir2 /mount_point RPC: Program not registered <--- What is the meaning of this ? Thanks for you help ! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joerg
2 Replies

2. Linux

how to mount ntfs filesystem

:) Hi frds ..i hope i can get some help for this.. I am unable to mount ntfs/hpfs file system which contain my XP o/s. As per the information collected on net i found tht my kernel i.e 2.4.xx does not support ntfs ..? Now I dont knwo where to get upgraded kernel and how to deploy it ..can anyone... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicknihal
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Remote mount an already mounted nfs filesystem

Hello all, We're using JET to build our systems.. I'm in the process of needing to build a centrally located JET box with access to all our networks rather that 2 or 3 dotted around. Part of the means I need to locate the boot & OS images on an NFS mount (via NETAPP filer).. However in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itsupplies
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to mount filesystem

Hi, Gurus: I need your help to finish a script that will mount two file systems automatically when saver is reboot or start. I am working on a new Sun Sparc machine with Solaris 9 on it. This box got two disk. disk one has been partitioned to hold Solaris OS. disk two has been partitioned as... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
6 Replies

5. Linux

How to mount a filesystem of one pc in another pc that are connected in a network?

Hi, I have a software in one of the pcs connected in the network and I need to mount that file system in my PC. Both the pcs have Linux installed. Please let me know how can we achieve this. Any pointers would be of great help. Thanks & Regards, Venkatesh. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesh_sasi
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Mount /usr as a separate filesystem

Hi All, I have mount /usr directory as a seperate filesystem.The /usr directory includedd in / root file system.I have to mount it as seperate. Please Help me, Thanks and Regards, (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lbreddy
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Mount old zfs filesystem

Hey all, I have a machine with 16 drive slots. Two of the drives have a ZFS mirror of the operating system, the other 14 contain the storage raidz. So, after installing Opensolaris on the OS drives, how can I remount the storage raid? TIA (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: PatrickBaer
11 Replies

8. AIX

Mount Filesystem in AIX Unable to read /etc/filesystem

Dear all, We are facing prolem when we are going to mount AIX filesystem, the system returned the following error 0506-307The AFopen call failed : A file or directory in the path name does not exist. But when we ls filesystems in the /etc/ directory it show -rw-r--r-- 0 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't mount filesystem

I have 2 Linux servers. rcwlo-ods10g and rcwlo-10gdev I can mount one filesystem from rcwlo-ods10g onto rcwlo-10gdev fine: RCWLO-10gDev:/ # mount -F rcwlo-ods10g:/SAN /backup but when I try another one I get: RCWLO-10gDev:/ # mount -F rcwlo-ods10g:/backup /backup mount:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_collins
0 Replies

10. Solaris

OpenIndiana: Can't mount ext2 filesystem

I have oi_151a7 and installed from sfe fuse-ext, libfuse and e2fsprogs. Mount e.g. # mount -F ext2fs /dev/dsk/c4t0d0p1 /mnt returns "mount: Operation not applicable to FSType ext2fs" and $ fuse-ext2 /dev/dsk/c4t0d0p1 ~/tmp/a/ does not output anything but the filesystem seems not to be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsdx
3 Replies
APT-CDROM(8)								APT							      APT-CDROM(8)

NAME
apt-cdrom - APT CD-ROM management utility SYNOPSIS
apt-cdrom [-rmfan] [-d=cdrom_mount_point] [-o=config_string] [-c=config_file] {add | ident | {-v | --version} | {-h | --help}} DESCRIPTION
apt-cdrom is used to add a new CD-ROM to APT's list of available sources. apt-cdrom takes care of determining the structure of the disc as well as correcting for several possible mis-burns and verifying the index files. It is necessary to use apt-cdrom to add CDs to the APT system; it cannot be done by hand. Furthermore each disc in a multi-CD set must be inserted and scanned separately to account for possible mis-burns. Unless the -h, or --help option is given, one of the commands below must be present. add add is used to add a new disc to the source list. It will unmount the CD-ROM device, prompt for a disc to be inserted and then proceed to scan it and copy the index files. If the disc does not have a proper .disk directory you will be prompted for a descriptive title. APT uses a CD-ROM ID to track which disc is currently in the drive and maintains a database of these IDs in /var/lib/apt/cdroms.list ident A debugging tool to report the identity of the current disc as well as the stored file name OPTIONS
All command line options may be set using the configuration file, the descriptions indicate the configuration option to set. For boolean options you can override the config file by using something like -f-,--no-f, -f=no or several other variations. --no-auto-detect, --cdrom Do not try to auto-detect the CD-ROM path. Usually combined with the --cdrom option. Configuration Item: Acquire::cdrom::AutoDetect. -d, --cdrom Mount point; specify the location to mount the CD-ROM. This mount point must be listed in /etc/fstab and properly configured. Configuration Item: Acquire::cdrom::mount. -r, --rename Rename a disc; change the label of a disc or override the disc's given label. This option will cause apt-cdrom to prompt for a new label. Configuration Item: APT::CDROM::Rename. -m, --no-mount No mounting; prevent apt-cdrom from mounting and unmounting the mount point. Configuration Item: APT::CDROM::NoMount. -f, --fast Fast Copy; Assume the package files are valid and do not check every package. This option should be used only if apt-cdrom has been run on this disc before and did not detect any errors. Configuration Item: APT::CDROM::Fast. -a, --thorough Thorough Package Scan; This option may be needed with some old Debian 1.1/1.2 discs that have Package files in strange places. It takes much longer to scan the CD but will pick them all up. -n, --just-print, --recon, --no-act No Changes; Do not change the sources.list(5) file and do not write index files. Everything is still checked however. Configuration Item: APT::CDROM::NoAct. -h, --help Show a short usage summary. -v, --version Show the program version. -c, --config-file Configuration File; Specify a configuration file to use. The program will read the default configuration file and then this configuration file. If configuration settings need to be set before the default configuration files are parsed specify a file with the APT_CONFIG environment variable. See apt.conf(5) for syntax information. -o, --option Set a Configuration Option; This will set an arbitrary configuration option. The syntax is -o Foo::Bar=bar. -o and --option can be used multiple times to set different options. SEE ALSO
apt.conf(5), apt-get(8), sources.list(5) DIAGNOSTICS
apt-cdrom returns zero on normal operation, decimal 100 on error. BUGS
APT bug page[1]. If you wish to report a bug in APT, please see /usr/share/doc/debian/bug-reporting.txt or the reportbug(1) command. AUTHORS
Jason Gunthorpe APT team NOTES
1. APT bug page http://bugs.debian.org/src:apt APT 1.6.3ubuntu0.1 30 November 2013 APT-CDROM(8)