Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to add cc path
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how to add cc path Post 23152 by definate on Monday 17th of June 2002 09:05:26 PM
Old 06-17-2002
Data how to add cc path

hello ,
when i am deploying a server software , i am getting this error:
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH
can any body help , how to correct this. , i have shown my path statement.

# echo $PATH
/usr/sbin:sbin:/usr/dt/bin:/usr/openwin/bin:/bin:/usr/ucb

thanx in advance.
definate

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

add bin to variable PATH and save changes

i wrote a script and is running. I add the path bin to variable PATH, i.e. PATH=$PATH/bin. i add this to PATH in order to run the script in any path working directory. Thats ok. The problem is as son as i close the session and start a new session, changes are lost. How can i tell the shell or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alexcol
1 Replies

2. Solaris

How to add new paths to $PATH

Hi all, I downloaded a tarball of coreutils .... extracted only to find out that i had to build it... But when i executed ./configure, this is what i got checking build system type... i386-pc-solaris2.11 checking host system type... i386-pc-solaris2.11 configure: autobuild project... GNU... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
2 Replies

3. Solaris

add PATH as root

Sorry this maybe a dumb one, but I am root and want to add something to my PATH. Is the right place to do it here: /usr/dt/config/dtspcdenv ? If so, after I add it, how do I source it? Neither "source <file>" nor ". <file>" work. How does the above file work... is there another... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve701
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to add a path variable

Hi, I tried to add a path vairable export GPLOAD_CONNECT_STR= -U crm -h sdc-gp1-dev1 -d wmgpdev but it throws the below error -bash: export: `-U': not a valid identifier -bash: export: `-h': not a valid identifier -bash: export: `sdc-gp1-dev1': not a valid identifier -bash: export:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: burton
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

add path variable permanently

Hi, I have added the path variable as below export... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: burton
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add directory to a global PATH

Guys, I did a search on this but couldn't find any thing. I need to add /home/scadm/scripts to the PATH. If I do the below it works for the session I'm in. If I close it and reopen it doesnt work. PATH=$PATH\:/home/scadm/scripts ; export PATH I also want this path added to all the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: miltonrods
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to add path to root user

I am trying to add path for root. In /etc directory there is no .bash_profile file it has only profile file can any one say how to add path for root user ? is it possible to add path in profile file for root user. (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: elango963
18 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't add directory to path correctly

Hello everyone I am a newcomer to UNIX and I have hit a snag in something that would probably take experienced people about 30 seconds. Long story short I am trying to add a directory to my PATH and it is getting added but not working. I mean, the object of adding it to the path is so I can access... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tastybrownies
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to add to the search path - bin?

Hi, Now I have: /Users/okn/bin for my private shell scripts. How do I add /Users/okn/bin to my PATH? The PATH is right now: /usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin The .bash_profile doesn't state anything about a PATH (yet). I read about this: PATH=/bin:$PATH
 export PATH or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: OmarKN
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Add directory to path permanently

I ssh in and am trying to add a directory permanently to $PATH in centos 7 and having issues. My current $PATH is echo $PATH /usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/root/bin but when I do a sudo nano ~/.bashrc # .bashrc # User specific aliases and functions alias... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
7 Replies
cxref-cpp(1)						      General Commands Manual						      cxref-cpp(1)

NAME
cxref-cpp - A modified C preprocessor to use with cxref. SYNOPSIS
cxref-cpp ... DESCRIPTION
To improve the output that is available for the source code for cross-referencing a modified version of the GNU CPP v2.7.2 is supplied (named cxref-cpp). This modified C preprocessor allows for a finer control over some features of the preprocessing that are not important for a compiler. In a standard preprocessor, the preprocessor directives are intended for use only by the preprocessor, so passing the information through is not important. With cxref-cpp, there are some features that are different to the standard GNU CPP: Compared to gcc versions earlier than version 2.8.0 there is an extra option that will output the #include lines from the source file. In version 2.8.0 and later this option is present. Comments trailing a #include or a #define are not preserved by all versions of gcc even if the -C option is used. This is not important while compiling, but is useful for documenting. The cxref-cpp program will take on the personality of the installed version of gcc so that the gcc header files can be parsed. This means that it includes the same default include directory paths and macro definitions. The file that contains these definitions is called cxref-cpp.defines and is installed by the cxref-cpp-configure program or specified by the -cxref-cpp-defines command line option. OPTIONS
The same as for gcc, apart from '-cxref-cpp-defines' described above. SEE ALSO
cxref(1), cxref-cpp-configure(1), gcc(1) May 9, 2004 cxref-cpp(1)