Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HP-UX boxes - am I mad?
Operating Systems HP-UX HP-UX boxes - am I mad? Post 23135 by Menace on Monday 17th of June 2002 04:40:48 PM
Old 06-17-2002
Data HP-UX boxes - am I mad?

Greetings, and thanks for having such an interesting forum!
I currently have 3 Intel boxes running 2000, and two HP boxes running HP-UX 10.20. I am very inexperienced with the Unix/Linux world. I have several problems, mainly in getting them all networked together. I am constrained to keep a windows box as internet gateway, for easy access by non-geek family members, so I need to tie in all else with that. I'm assuming the need for Samba in there somewhere, but am in a bit of a chicken-and-egg situation. I've got the software burnt to cd, but the bigger HP box (9000 755/99, 352MB ram), which has the cdrom, reads all the software depots with an appended ;1 on each filename. The software install programs won't ignore this, and I need to know how to get the system to 'un-append' this tag. Then I can at least get started properly! Any help much appreciated - I've been trying to solve this intermittently for months. I did hear that it just might be because I burnt the cd via a windows/netware system...

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

text boxes, radio buttons , check boxes in c++ on unix

Hi ! Please tell me how to get radio buttons, text boxes , check boxes , option buttons , pull down menus in C++ on Unix. I think it would be done using curses.h ..but that's all i know. TIA, Devyani. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: devy8
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple test driving me mad!

Hi all, I have been writing a script to automate some work for myself and have come accross a problem. I cannot understand why it doesn't work, but then I am new to both Unix and Korn shell hacking! Here is the problem: I want to interogate a file for a number and store that number in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alarmcall
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using gzip and my speakers have gone mad!

Hello, I wanted to compress a directory which I did with: tar -czvf backup15062007.tar.gz backup15062007/ I knew that you could specify the compression level with gzip so I then did: gzip -cvf9 backup15062007.tar.gz backup15062007compress.tar.gz Now I know this probably won't... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: patwa
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing a 'Mad Libs' program using Ruby?

How would I go about writing a 'Mad Libs' type program using Ruby? Any examples would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: greeky
0 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Getting mad at different CMD / Batch behaviour

I have these commands: MOVE "C:\Users\Pascal\Dropbox\Public\U_PC_Backup\Anki Flashcards\Cameo_App_Virtualization\0backup\Cards_only\Card_Backup\" "C:\Users\Pascal\Dropbox\Public\U_PC_Backup\Anki Flashcards\Cameo_App_Virtualization\0backup\Cards_only\Card_Backup_%date%\" xxcopy /E /Y... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Going mad on an egrep command (Reg Expressions)

Dear community, I am trying for several hours now to create an egrep command to grep the number of lines containing a specific text from a text-file but seem to have an error somewhere. The Textfile contains several thousand lines and has the expression "Lastname" in several lines.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Donzo
3 Replies
LIBPFM(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							 LIBPFM(3)

NAME
libpfm_intel_ivb_unc - support for Intel Ivy Bridge uncore PMU SYNOPSIS
#include <perfmon/pfmlib.h> PMU name: ivb_unc_cbo0, ivb_unc_cbo1, ivb_unc_cbo2, ivb_unc_cbo3 PMU desc: Intel Ivy Bridge C-box uncore DESCRIPTION
The library supports the Intel Ivy Bridge client part (model 58) uncore PMU. The support is currently limited to the Coherency Box, so called C-Box for up to 4 physical cores. Each physical core has an associated C-Box which it uses to communictate with the L3 cache. The C-boxes all support the same set of events. However, Core 0 C-box (snb_unc_cbo0) supports an additional uncore clock ticks event: UNC_CLOCKTICKS. MODIFIERS
The following modifiers are supported on Intel Ivy Bridge C-Box uncore PMU: i Invert the meaning of the event. The counter will now count cycles in which the event is not occurring. This is a boolean modifier e Enable edge detection, i.e., count only when there is a state transition from no occurrence of the event to at least one occurrence. This modifier must be combined with a counter mask modifier (m) with a value greater or equal to one. This is a boolean modifier. c Set the counter mask value. The mask acts as a threshold. The counter will count the number of cycles in which the number of occur- rences of the event is greater or equal to the threshold. This is an integer modifier with values in the range [0:255]. Both the UNC_CBO_CACHE_LOOKUP and UNC_CBO_XSNP_RESPONSE requires two umasks to be valid. For UNC_CBO_CACHE_LOOKUP the first umask must be one of the MESI state umasks, the second has to be one of the filters. For UNC_CBO_XSNP_RESPONSE the first umask must be one of the snoop types, the second has to be one of the filters. AUTHORS
Stephane Eranian <eranian@gmail.com> June, 2013 LIBPFM(3)