Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HP-UX boxes - am I mad?
Operating Systems HP-UX HP-UX boxes - am I mad? Post 23135 by Menace on Monday 17th of June 2002 04:40:48 PM
Old 06-17-2002
Data HP-UX boxes - am I mad?

Greetings, and thanks for having such an interesting forum!
I currently have 3 Intel boxes running 2000, and two HP boxes running HP-UX 10.20. I am very inexperienced with the Unix/Linux world. I have several problems, mainly in getting them all networked together. I am constrained to keep a windows box as internet gateway, for easy access by non-geek family members, so I need to tie in all else with that. I'm assuming the need for Samba in there somewhere, but am in a bit of a chicken-and-egg situation. I've got the software burnt to cd, but the bigger HP box (9000 755/99, 352MB ram), which has the cdrom, reads all the software depots with an appended ;1 on each filename. The software install programs won't ignore this, and I need to know how to get the system to 'un-append' this tag. Then I can at least get started properly! Any help much appreciated - I've been trying to solve this intermittently for months. I did hear that it just might be because I burnt the cd via a windows/netware system...

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

text boxes, radio buttons , check boxes in c++ on unix

Hi ! Please tell me how to get radio buttons, text boxes , check boxes , option buttons , pull down menus in C++ on Unix. I think it would be done using curses.h ..but that's all i know. TIA, Devyani. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: devy8
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple test driving me mad!

Hi all, I have been writing a script to automate some work for myself and have come accross a problem. I cannot understand why it doesn't work, but then I am new to both Unix and Korn shell hacking! Here is the problem: I want to interogate a file for a number and store that number in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alarmcall
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using gzip and my speakers have gone mad!

Hello, I wanted to compress a directory which I did with: tar -czvf backup15062007.tar.gz backup15062007/ I knew that you could specify the compression level with gzip so I then did: gzip -cvf9 backup15062007.tar.gz backup15062007compress.tar.gz Now I know this probably won't... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: patwa
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing a 'Mad Libs' program using Ruby?

How would I go about writing a 'Mad Libs' type program using Ruby? Any examples would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: greeky
0 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Getting mad at different CMD / Batch behaviour

I have these commands: MOVE "C:\Users\Pascal\Dropbox\Public\U_PC_Backup\Anki Flashcards\Cameo_App_Virtualization\0backup\Cards_only\Card_Backup\" "C:\Users\Pascal\Dropbox\Public\U_PC_Backup\Anki Flashcards\Cameo_App_Virtualization\0backup\Cards_only\Card_Backup_%date%\" xxcopy /E /Y... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Going mad on an egrep command (Reg Expressions)

Dear community, I am trying for several hours now to create an egrep command to grep the number of lines containing a specific text from a text-file but seem to have an error somewhere. The Textfile contains several thousand lines and has the expression "Lastname" in several lines.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Donzo
3 Replies
RUBBER-INFO(1)						      General Commands Manual						    RUBBER-INFO(1)

NAME
rubber-info - extract information from LaTeX documents SYNOPSIS
rubber-info [options] [action] source DESCRIPTION
Rubber-info is a utility for extracting various kinds of information from a LaTeX document. Information can be extracted from the source (for instance when calculating dependencies) or from the compilation log files (to extract errors and warnings). This program is a comple- ment for the compilation system rubber(1). The command-line options are those used by rubber(1) plus one of the actions described below. ACTIONS
One of the following command-line options must be specified, to decide which information to extract. Of course, for actions that read a log file, a compilation must have been done before. If none of these actions is specified, --check is assumed. --boxes Extracts from the log file the places in the source where bad boxes appeared (these are the famous overfull and underfull hbox and vbox) --check Report errors if there are any, otherwise report undefined references if there are any, otherwise list warnings and bad boxes. This is the default action. --deps Analyse the source files and produce a space-separated list of all the files that the document depends on and that Rubber cannot rebuild. --errors Extract from the log file the list of errors that occured during the last compilation. -h, --help Display the list of all available options and exit nicely. --refs Report the list of undefined or multiply defined references (i.e. the ef's that are not defined by one label). --rules Analyse the source files and produce a list of dependency rules. One rule is produced for each intermediate target that would be made when running rubber. Rules are formatted in the style of Makefiles. --version Print the version number and exit nicely. --warnings Stupidly enumerate all LaTeX warnings, i.e. all the lines in the log file that contain the string "Warning". BUGS
There are surely a some... This page documents Rubber version 1.1. The program and this man-page are maintained by Emmanuel Beffara <manu@beffara.org>. The homepage for Rubber can be found at http://www.pps.jussieu.fr/~beffara/soft/rubber/. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for rubber is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and rubber programs are properly installed at your site, the command info rubber should give you access to the complete manual. RUBBER-INFO(1)