Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Process management
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Process management Post 230 by gollof on Monday 13th of November 2000 09:03:57 AM
Old 11-13-2000
Error

Hi!

I desperately need some help here...
I need to write a shellscript that lists all running processes (as in ps -ef), search the list it gets for occurances of a certain process, if found do nothing if not found start it again.
Anyone feel up to it?

/G

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"Process management" question

This one will show how "wet behind the ears" I am but here it goes... Suppose my boss wants me to run an app every day from the command line. The command line statement looks like this: $> my_executable_program -my_parameter file > my_outfile Let's say that one day, I do this: $>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alan
1 Replies

2. AIX

service/process management -autostart at startup

Hi, I want to modify some of the services/processes (related to the oracle database) to start automatically at the startup of the server. which commands may help me? which commands do I need to use? my server configuration is, in brief: hardware:IBM P550 / OS : AIX 5300 thanks,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: talipk
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Unix process management

Hi guys, I want to learn the process management in unix deeply. I have looked for different commands here and there but I can't find a consolidated document or book, does anybody have a link to any book or something? Regards, Messi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: messi777
1 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Individual Risk Management (Personal IT Security) and Browser Cache Management

Original post from this thread on browser caching. To add to this, it is an effective security measure to clear absolutely all cached data (cookies, web content, ....) when closing the browser - i.e. in case of a shutdown. It takes a bit of work to re-login to all the sites but websites will not... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakunin
7 Replies
HWLOC-PS(1)							       hwloc							       HWLOC-PS(1)

NAME
hwloc-ps - List currently-running processes that are bound. SYNOPSIS
hwloc-ps [options] OPTIONS
-a list all processes, even those that are not bound to any specific part of the machine. -p --physical report OS/physical indexes instead of logical indexes -l --logical report logical indexes instead of physical/OS indexes (default) -c --cpuset show process bindings as cpusets instead of objects. --whole-system Do not consider administration limitations. DESCRIPTION
By default, hwloc-ps lists only those currently-running processes that are bound; it displays their their identifier, command-line and binding. The binding may be reported as objects or cpusets. By default, process bindings are restricted to the currently available topol- ogy. If some processes are bound to processors that are not available to the current process, they are ignored unless --whole-system is given. The output is a plain list. If you wish to annotate the hierarchical topology with processes so as to see how they are actual dis- tributed on the machine, you might want to use lstopo --ps instead (which also only shows processes that are bound). The -a switch can be used to show all processes, if desired. SEE ALSO
hwloc(7), lstopo(1), hwloc-calc(1), hwloc-distrib(1) 1.4.1 Feb 27, 2012 HWLOC-PS(1)