Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming how can i write process_pool program? Post 22912 by hit on Thursday 13th of June 2002 12:04:22 AM
Old 06-13-2002
please tell me which codes i should refer to,thanks!

i donot know which codes i should refer to.please tell me ,thanks !

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

write a c program that simulates ls command

i need the a c program that simulates the "ls" command:b: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhu.it
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to write next line program

Hi, I am having an input file which contains a group of words,if one specific word comes which goes to next line. example: input file===> shashi country= india comapny= none shashi shashi company= NONE shashi=my name output===> shashi country= india comapny= none shashi shashi... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hegdeshashi
6 Replies

3. Programming

Trying to write a program to fill up my harddrive (Linux/C)

Hi guys, I'm trying to write a little program that will fill up my harddrive and will log the process during this. Now I've come up with this: #include <stdio.h> void main(void) { char cmd1; char cmd2; int i=1; sprintf(cmd2, "df -h"); while (i<=5) { system("dd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tiglet
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can anyone help? I have to Write a program in C that recognizes the following commands and translate

I have to Write a program in C that recognizes the following commands and translates them into much simpler ones Commands to recognize shorter command list L cd dir C - dir_length - dir get file_name G - file_name_length - file_name Long commands are read from the standard input and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aintour
1 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Can anyone help? I have to Write a program in C that recognizes the following commands and translate

I have to Write a program in C that recognizes the following commands and translates them into much simpler ones Commands to recognize shorter command list L cd dir C - dir_length - dir get file_name G - file_name_length - file_name Long commands are read from the standard input... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aintour
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to write a shell program for back up

Hello.. I want to take back up from server to local machine and i dont know how to do it using cron and sftp . I can do it by manually typing password in the terminal and taking the back up. How to create a 'backup.sh' file for doing all the back up process and shut down automatically after... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepoos
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do you write this program/script?

I need help with the following. 1) Write a program in any language that takes a single integer array parameter and returns the decimal average of the input values. 2) Write a program, in any language, that prints the integers from 1 to 10, along with a cumulative sum of the integers printed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sqa4life
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a shell program with input

Hi, Here is my question: I want a shell script which I name as 'del', and can be used as del(string). when run del(string), it will delete several directories at different locations in my system,like: rm -fr /lustre/fs/scratch/user/$string rm -fr /home/user/$string rm -fr... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1988PF
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to write files for compiling a program.?

I am hoping someone can give me a good free web resource for writing code to compile a binary executable. I am getting fairly decent at writing shell script, are the .f files just shell scripts? Also, I don't know where to begin on the makefiles. The reason I am curious is because I have been... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: butson
6 Replies
Net::Server::Fork(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Net::Server::Fork(3)

NAME
Net::Server::Fork - Net::Server personality SYNOPSIS
use base qw(Net::Server::Fork); sub process_request { #...code... } __PACKAGE__->run(); DESCRIPTION
Please read the pod on Net::Server first. This module is a personality, or extension, or sub class, of the Net::Server module. This personality binds to one or more ports and then waits for a client connection. When a connection is received, the server forks a child. The child handles the request and then closes. With the exception of parent/child signaling, this module will work (with basic functionality) on Win32 systems. ARGUMENTS
check_for_dead Number of seconds to wait before looking for dead children. This only takes place if the maximum number of child processes (max_servers) has been reached. Default is 60 seconds. max_servers The maximum number of children to fork. The server will not accept connections until there are free children. Default is 256 children. max_dequeue The maximum number of dequeue processes to start. If a value of zero or undef is given, no dequeue processes will be started. The number of running dequeue processes will be checked by the check_for_dead variable. check_for_dequeue Seconds to wait before forking off a dequeue process. It is intended to use the dequeue process to take care of items such as mail queues. If a value of undef is given, no dequeue processes will be started. CONFIGURATION FILE
See Net::Server. PROCESS FLOW
Process flow follows Net::Server until the post_accept phase. At this point a child is forked. The parent is immediately able to wait for another request. The child handles the request and then exits. HOOKS
The Fork server has the following hooks in addition to the hooks provided by the Net::Server base class. See Net::Server "$self->child_init_hook()" This hook is called just after the fork and after signals have been cleaned up. "$self->pre_accept_hook()" This hook occurs just before the accept is called. "$self->pre_fork_hook()" This hook occurs just after accept but before the fork. "$self->post_accept_hook()" This hook occurs in the child after the accept and fork. "$self->run_dequeue()" This hook only gets called in conjuction with the check_for_dequeue setting. HOT DEPLOY
Since version 2.000, the Fork server has accepted the TTIN and TTOU signals. When a TTIN is received, the max_servers is increased by 1. If a TTOU signal is received the max_servers is decreased by 1. This allows for adjusting the number of handling processes without having to restart the server. AUTHOR
Paul Seamons <paul@seamons.com> Rob Brown <bbb@cpan.org> SEE ALSO
Please see also Net::Server::INET, Net::Server::PreFork, Net::Server::MultiType, Net::Server::SIG Net::Server::Single perl v5.16.2 2012-06-19 Net::Server::Fork(3)