Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Unix Post 22843 by Perderabo on Tuesday 11th of June 2002 02:39:35 PM
Old 06-11-2002
You're right, not all filesystem types can run out of inodes. But the OP has space remaining in his filesystem and gets the error message anyway. Something must be wrong, and inodes are a possibility.

And minfree also is a filesystem type thing. The McKusick filesystem, which HP calls hfs, does need some minfree. Do you really have an HFS filesystem with minfree set to 0? That's not a good idea, but with HP your only problem should be file fragmentation.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX problem? Unix programm runs windows 2000 CPU over 100%

Okee problems...!! What is happening: Unix server with some programms, workstations are windows 2000, the workstations work good but when you start a programm on the Unix server the CPU of the workstations go to 100% usage resulting that the system gets very slow. The programm well its running so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zerocool
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix History Question: Why are filenames/dirnames case sentsitive in Unix?

I tried looking for the answer online and came up with only a few semi-answers as to why file and directory names are case sensitive in Unix. Right off the bat, I'll say this doesn't bother me. But I run into tons of Windows and OpenVMS admins in my day job who go batty when they have to deal... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

missing Path(in UNIX) when i launch a job on to unix machine using windows SSh

hi i want run an unix application from a windows program/application.i am using SSH(command line version)to log on to a unix machine from windows. the application has to read a configuration file inorder to run. the configuration file .CFG is in bin in my home directory. but the application... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megastar
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP script for sending a file from one unix directory to another unix server director

Hi, My local server is :/usr/abcd/ Remote server is :/Usr/host/test/ I want to send files from local unix directory(All files starting with O_999) to remote host unix directory. Can any body give me the Unix Shell script to do this. One more doubt: Shall we need to change the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raja_1234
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch job in unix server to move the pdf file from unix to windows.

Hi Experts, I have a requirement where i need to setup a batch job which runs everymonth and move the pdf files from unix server to windows servers. Could some body provide the inputs for this. and also please provide the inputs on how to map the network dirve in the unix like that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ger199901
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ?

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ? Please help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Transfer from Window server to UNIX and UNIX to UNIX

Dear All, Can someone help to command or program to transfer the file from windows to Unix server and from one unix server to another Unix server in secure way. I would request no samba client. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
4 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

VIP Membership - The UNIX and Linux Forums - Get Your UNIX.COM Email Address Here

We work hard to make The UNIX and Linux Forums one of the best UNIX and Linux knowledge sources on the net. The site is certainly one of the top UNIX and Linux Q&A sites on the web. In order to provide certain members the best quality account services, you can now get some great extra features by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies
gfs_grow(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       gfs_grow(8)

NAME
gfs_grow - Expand a GFS filesystem SYNOPSIS
gfs_grow [OPTION]... <DEVICE|MOINTPOINT>... DESCRIPTION
gfs_grow is used to expand a GFS filesystem after the device upon which the filesystem resides has also been expanded. By running gfs_grow on a GFS filesystem, you are requesting that any spare space between the current end of the filesystem and the end of the device is filled with a newly initialized GFS filesystem extension. When this operation is complete, the resource index for the filesystem is updated so that all nodes in the cluster can use the extra storage space which has been added. You may only run gfs_grow on a mounted filesystem; expansion of unmounted filesystems is not supported. You only need to run gfs_grow on one node in the cluster. All the other nodes will see the expansion has occurred and automatically start to use the newly available space. You must be superuser to execute gfs_grow. The gfs_grow tool tries to prevent you from corrupting your filesystem by checking as many of the likely problems as it can. When expanding a filesystem, only the last step of updating the resource index affects the currently mounted filesystem and so failure part way through the expansion process should leave your filesystem in its original unexpanded state. You can run gfs_grow with the -Tv flags to get a display of the current state of a mounted GFS filesystem. This can be useful to do after the expansion process to see if the changes have been successful. gfs_grow will consume all the remaining space in a device and add it to the filesystem. If you want to add journals too, you need to add the journals first using gfs_jadd. OPTIONS
-h Prints out a short usage message and exits. -q Quiet. Turns down the verbosity level. -T Test. Do all calculations, but do not write any data to the disk and do not expand the filesystem. This is used to discover what the tool would have done were it run without this flag. You probably want to turn the verbosity level up in order to gain most informa- tion from this option. -V Version. Print out version information, then exit. -v Verbose. Turn up verbosity of messages. SEE ALSO
mkfs.gfs(8) gfs_jadd(8) gfs_grow(8)