Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers IE now available for HPUX and SOLARIS Post 22840 by Kelam_Magnus on Tuesday 11th of June 2002 02:21:36 PM
Old 06-11-2002
Okay okay, can some moderator add Opera to the list?

I wasn't aware that other Browsers worked on UNIX. Sorry...Smilie

BTW Neo, it would be nice to modify my own post, if that is possible to configure. Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HPUX 10.20 et HPUX 11

Is there any problems of binaries compatibility between HPUX 10.20 et 11 ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Olivier
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

HPUX any help

:( i got couple of weeks ago a : HP Visualize workstation , model B100. everithing is ok in the box the only problem is that i 'am not familiar with this operational sys, and i try to uninstall and see if i can get on it windows net server 64 bit. or any other 64 bit operational sys that i'll... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbird
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New to HPUX

Hi, I am a SAP Basis admin recentely been asked to administer a HPUX server. Could someone recommend some good study material to learn with the Sap prespective. -carry (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carryclare
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Internet Explorer for Solaris and HPUX

Any idea where can I download IE for UNIX platform? Microsoft does not support the downloading anymore? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jennifer
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Script to Use CPUs on a HPUX server to simulate Workload Manager on HPUX.

I am running HPUX and using WLM (workload manager). I want to write a script to fork CPUs to basically take CPUs from other servers to show that the communication is working and CPU licensing is working. Basically, I want to build a script that will use up CPU on a server. Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpolikowsky
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

hpux vi

Hello. I cant figure out how can i move entire row up , so it pasted on the one above at the end , or to do that for one character. In notepads,word, or some other text editors we would do that with backspace button. Example. Content of my text file is this : I am trying to do that. And... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonijel
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Which company's hardware is more stable, in case of IBM (AIX), HP (HPUX) & Sun (Solaris)

Hi guru I want to know which company's hardware is more stable means in term of H/W faults or replacement, in case of IBM (AIX), HP (HPUX) & SUN MICROSYSTEM (Solaris) & which order also, if we go through more stable to less stable system. Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
1 Replies

8. Advertise with Us

HPUX and Sun Solaris Job Opportunities

Hi Guys... Already i am Completed RHCE , then i planned one more certification, So i need ur help that, Which one is better job opportunity "Hp Unix" or "Sun solaris". Thanks Raghu.V (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghu_linuxsurf
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

pwage-hpux-T for Trusted HPUX servers

I'm sharing this in case anybody needs it. Modified from the original solaris pwage script. This modified hpux script will check /etc/password file on hpux trusted systems search /tcb and grep the required u_succhg field. Calculate days to expiry and notify users via email. original solaris... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Samba idmap ldap: works perfect on Linux,bad on Solaris and hpux

I have configured samba for working with and external ldap(ad windows2003+openldap backend to obtain the same uid and gid on all linux machines) On linux works perfect,and i get the same uid for a X user on all machines. On solaris11 and hpux 11.31 not wbinfo -u works fine wbinfo -g works... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
0 Replies
multithreading_support(3)					       Coin						 multithreading_support(3)

NAME
multithreading_support - Multithreading Support in Coin The support in Coin for using multiple threads in application programs and the Coin library itself, consists of two main features: o Coin provides platform-independent thread-handling abstraction classes. These are classes that the application programmer can freely use in her application code to start new threads, control their execution, work with mutexes and do other tasks related to handling multiple threads. The classes in question are SbThread, SbMutex, SbStorage, SbBarrier, SbCondVar, SbFifo, SbThreadAutoLock, SbRWMutex, and SbTypedStorage. See their respective documentation for the detailed information. The classes fully hides the system-specific implementation, which is either done on top of native Win32 (if on Microsoft Windows), or over POSIX threads (on UNIX and UNIX-like systems). o The other aspect of our multi-threading support is that Coin can be specially configured so that rendering traversals of the scene graph are done in a thread-safe manner. This means e.g. that it is possible to have Coin render the scene in parallel on multiple CPUs for multiple rendering pipes, to better take advantage of such high-end systems (like CAVE environments, for instance). Thread-safe render traversals are off by default, because there is a small overhead involved which would make rendering (very) slightly slower on single-threaded invocations. To get a Coin library built with thread-safe rendering, one must actively re-configure Coin and build a special, local version. For configure-based builds (UNIX and UNIX-like systems, or with Cygwin on Microsoft Windows) this is done with the option '--enable-threadsafe' to Autoconf configure. For how to change the configuration and re-build with Visual Studio, get in touch with us at 'coin- support@coin3d.org'. There are some restrictions and other issues which it is important to be aware of: o We do not yet provide any support for binding the multi-threaded rendering support into the SoQt / SoWin / etc GUI bindings, and neither do we provide bindings against any specific library that handles multi-pipe rendering. This means the application programmer will have to possess some expertise, and put in some effort, to be able to utilize multi-pipe rendering with Coin. o Rendering traversals is currently the only operation which we publicly support to be thread-safe. There are other aspects of Coin that we know are thread-safe, like most other action traversals beside just rendering, but we make no guarantees in this regard. o Be careful about using a separate thread for changing Coin structures versus what is used for the application's GUI event thread. We are aware of at least issues with Qt (and thereby SoQt), where you should not modify the scene graph in any way in a thread separate from the main Qt thread. This because it will trigger operations where Qt is not thread-safe. Since: Coin 2.0 Version 3.1.3 Wed May 23 2012 multithreading_support(3)