Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Convert text to numerical
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Convert text to numerical Post 22826 by nzq71k on Tuesday 11th of June 2002 10:58:11 AM
Old 06-11-2002
Hammer & Screwdriver Thanks

First if all, I am new here and did not know about the threads, but it won't happen again.

The program is working fine, the problem that we had was that we were using " instead of '

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I convert unix text to to win text?

How do I convert unix text files into readable text for windows. Dave (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nucca
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert Text to Excel

I have some text data generated by a perl script and want to put it into an excel sheet. Is there a perl script that can do this for me, i.e, convert text data to excel? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pavankk
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to convert text to columns in tab delimited text file

Hello Gurus, I have a text file containing nearly 12,000 tab delimited characters with 4000 rows. If the file size is small, excel can convert the text into coloumns. However, the file that I have is very big. Can some body help me in solving this problem? The input file example, ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unilearn
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting rows from a text file based on numerical values of a column

I have a text file where the second column is a list of numbers going from small to large. I want to extract the rows where the second column is smaller than or equal to 0.0001. My input: rs10082730 9e-08 12 46002702 rs2544081 1e-07 12 46015487 rs1425136 1e-06 7 35396742 rs2712590... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text Convert

Hello, I have a text file(utf8-bom). I want convert to following format. Thank you. 1***hello 35345 test test666 test 77 ? - test666 6//77 2***ktest 765 3***john6666 net 565433 nebb I want this format. 1***hello 35345 test test666 test 77 ? - test666 6//77 2***ktest 765... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kata33
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text Convert

Hello, I have a text file(utf8-bom). I want convert to following format. Thank you. 1***hello 35345 29***hello test6 380***bill33 4327***hello test6 47829***hull55 65644***hello test6 I want this format. 1***hello 35345 29***hello test6 380***bill33 4327***hello test6 2... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kata33
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert text to CSV

Hi Gurus I need urgent help to convert a flat log file into csv format to load into database. Log looks like: a=1 b=2 c=3 a=4 b=5 c=6 Only the values at right side of = will come into csv and it should create a new line once it receives "a" field. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandipjee
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to add portion of text to files in directory using numerical match

In the below bash I am trying to rename eachof the 3 text files in /home/cmccabe/Desktop/percent by matching the numerical portion of each file to lines 3,4, or 5 in /home/cmccabe/Desktop/analysis.txt. There will always be a match between the files. When a match is found each text file in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert text to csv

Hi, Is there somebody there to post an idea on how to convert this 5 liner row to 1 liner or tab delimiter to be import to database. Here the text file format: Description: Description1 Link: https://www.google.com Date: June 2, 2018 Time: 00:07:44 Age: 1 days ago Description:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lxdorney
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert text to columns

Hi. I need an input file of a single word pr. line converted in into a list of random pairs. i need input like this word1 word2 word3 word4 to be outputted like this: word3 word1 word2 word4 My attempt is a tedious while loop like this: nfiles=$(cat inputfile | wc -l) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BotHead
4 Replies
elf_version(3E) 														   elf_version(3E)

NAME
elf_version() - coordinate ELF library and application versions SYNOPSIS
Command: [flag]... file... [library]... DESCRIPTION
As elf(3E) explains, the program, the library, and an object file have independent notions of the "latest" ELF version. lets a program determine the ELF library's It further lets the program specify what memory types it uses by giving its own ver, to the library. Every program that uses the ELF library must coordinate versions as described below. The header file supplies the version to the program with the macro If the library's internal version (the highest version known to the library) is lower than that known by the program itself, the library may lack semantic knowledge assumed by the program. Accordingly, will not accept a working version unknown to the library. Passing a ver equal to causes to return the library's internal version, without altering the working version. If ver is a version known to the library, returns the previous (or initial) working version number. Otherwise, the working version remains unchanged and returns EXAMPLES
The following excerpt from an application program protects itself from using an older library. if (elf_version(EV_CURRENT) == EV_NONE) { /* library out of date */ /* recover from error */ } WARNINGS
The working version should be the same for all operations on a particular ELF descriptor. Changing the version between operations on a descriptor will probably not give the expected results. SEE ALSO
elf(3E), elf_begin(3E), elf_xlate(3E). elf_version(3E)