Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FTP access problems
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers FTP access problems Post 22666 by RTM on Friday 7th of June 2002 03:19:13 PM
Old 06-07-2002
I have not used PROftp on Solaris but you can check that /etc/hosts.allow is allowing the different network and check the configuration files for PROftp for the same thing. It looks like that new network isn't allowed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp problems

ok folks, hopefully you can shed some light on this for me. I have wu-ftpd running on a Mandrake 7.2 box. No matter what I do (ie. editing ftpusers, allow/deny files, etc, etc...) I cannot gain access to that machine by way of FTP. I consistently get errors stating "530 Login Incorrect". ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ober5861
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ftp Problems

I ahev 4 Unix servers, if i FTP into any one of the from another, and try to ( cd /user) i get a message stating that no such directory....id i cd into anyother directory like /bin it works... So why only for the /user it is not working on FTP ?? What is more annoying is that if i telnet... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BAM
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP Access

How to restrict ftp user to move to the parent directory of his home directory. Any suggestions will be appreciated. O.S Sun solaris Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sehgalniraj
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Access Problems

Hi all, newbie to forums here. There's this server with HP-UX, / partition at 100%, won't allow logins, so i've tryed to mount every possible directory through NFS, ftp, sftp, ssh, cu, rcp (to replace files i know are big with an empty one) and nothing. Any other suggestion on how to access... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Luis Solorzano
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems with simultaneous access to a server

Hello, I'm working in a project where several procedures are programmed using UNIX scripts. One of these scripts is launched in several threads. When performing these threads an scp command to another server it gives out. This error happens only sometimes, others not and each time for a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hector_Saura
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP access

Folks; I'm working on building ACL for our Solaris 10 box. I'm going to use LDAP for authentication. We have a mounted drive on that server & users would like to be able to write to it. We need to restrict the write access to that mounted drive on the box to be only through FTP, so if they... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
13 Replies

7. Solaris

how to deny ftp access

Hi , I want to deny ftp access to some user. Currently I don't have /etc/ftpusers file. From the man page , i can modify the login shell at /etc/passwd to invalid one. How to add it ? replaced with /dev/null or something. If you have any other method to disabled it . Pls show me. My FTP is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: skully
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with ftp

Hi all, I am taking log files every 15 min from remotemachine. My code is ; FRONTEND_HOME=/home/hai/jjsjs/Frontend_log cd /dsd/sds/sdsds/FrontEnd ftp -n 10.22.144.32 << END_INPUT >> /root/scripts/tracking/ftp_frontend.log 2>&1 user hai hai asc cd $FRONTEND_HOME prompt mget logger.log.*... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: subin_bala
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP problems

Hi All, I am ftping to a windows box where i will be going to a specific directory and check whether file is existing or not. If file exists, get the file to my UNIX box else, say that file didn't exist and touch a new file in UNIX box. Here is what i tried the code: This is FTP script. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddybs
2 Replies

10. AIX

ftp access without shell access

Hi all, I'm using AIX v 5.3 I want to create system users to access through ftp or sftp and restrict those users into specific directory and don't traverse the whole file system just to be restricted within a directory and don't get shell access . i don't want to use any other third party... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
7 Replies
SYSTEMD-NETWORKD.SERVICE(8)				     systemd-networkd.service				       SYSTEMD-NETWORKD.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-networkd.service, systemd-networkd - Network manager SYNOPSIS
systemd-networkd.service /lib/systemd/systemd-networkd DESCRIPTION
systemd-networkd is a system service that manages networks. It detects and configures network devices as they appear, as well as creating virtual network devices. To configure low-level link settings independently of networks, see systemd.link(5). systemd-networkd will create network devices based on the configuration in systemd.netdev(5) files, respecting the [Match] sections in those files. systemd-networkd will manage network addresses and routes for any link for which it finds a .network file with an appropriate [Match] section, see systemd.network(5). For those links, it will flush existing network addresses and routes when bringing up the device. Any links not matched by one of the .network files will be ignored. It is also possible to explicitly tell systemd-networkd to ignore a link by using Unmanaged=yes option, see systemd.network(5). When systemd-networkd exits, it generally leaves existing network devices and configuration intact. This makes it possible to transition from the initrams and to restart the service without breaking connectivity. This also means that when configuration is updated and systemd-networkd is restarted, netdev interfaces for which configuration was removed will not be dropped, and may need to be cleaned up manually. CONFIGURATION FILES
The configuration files are read from the files located in the system network directory /lib/systemd/network, the volatile runtime network directory /run/systemd/network and the local administration network directory /etc/systemd/network. Networks are configured in .network files, see systemd.network(5), and virtual network devices are configured in .netdev files, see systemd.netdev(5). SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd.link(5), systemd.network(5), systemd.netdev(5), systemd-networkd-wait-online.service(8) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-NETWORKD.SERVICE(8)