Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cron problem?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Cron problem? Post 22661 by hedrict on Friday 7th of June 2002 01:48:49 PM
Old 06-07-2002
I tried that and still no luck. I think the issue lies in an enviroment variable though the line of code that isn't executing is that of another application. I fully qualified the path and still no luck...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron problem

Hi, I want to run my shrip for every 30 min.. if i enter crontab -l i am getting following.. 00,10,20,30,40,50 * * * * /home/arbuser/temp2/perform/per.sh 00,15,40,35,50 * * * * sh home/arbuser/temp2/perform/per.sh if I enter like this : ps -ef |grep cron root 311454 1 0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CRON problem

I am having a problem running a shell within CRON. It will run successfully if I do not inject a .profile into the entry. However, the second I place a . profile in front of the shell, the job does not execute. Any ideas? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: VooDooMan
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cron problem!

The cron daemon on one of my HP boxes is giving the following error: I checked the queuedefs man page, and it has left me a bit confused. The man page says: So this means that no more than 100 cronjobs can be run at one time (we do not use at and batch on this system). The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: blowtorch
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron problem

Hi, I've just done a school boy error. I was trying to edit the crontab but instead of using: crontab -e I used crontab -r without realising. Then went to look at the crontab but ntohing their. Looked int he manual and -r removed the crontab. Is their any way of getting this back?? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tez
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cron problem

Hi frnds... I m facing very irritating problem already waisted my 2 days.. I have a following script..( i am pasting only the main code) ftp -ivn 213.194.40.77 <<FTP user $user $password binary cd $FileDir/out lcd $localpath get $file rename $FileDir/out/$file $FileDir/tmp/$file... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: clx
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cron problem

I'm using Red Hat and I need to get cron working and I'm not sure what the problem is. As a test I've done the following: 1) In /etc/cron.d I've created a file called date with the following contents 2) */1 * * * * root date >> /root/thedate 3) This works perfectly. It sends the date every... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kerpm
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron Problem

Hello folks, I've got a few cron jobs listed under a particular user id. They are running fine but then they are creating a new process every time they are running. Any idea folks? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: King Nothing
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Cron

Hi i am new here and have a quick question. i am receiving ./project.sh: line 12: syntax error near unexpected token `newline' ./project.sh: line 12: `echo "`date +"%F %R"` `md5sum /etc/passwd`" >> ' error message here is my script. could you please help! #!/bin/bash # PROGRAM:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mas1888
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Problem with cron

Just wanted to know, what happens if a user exists in both files cron.allow and cron.deny. Will the user be able to set cron? Thanks, Deepak (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution problem with Cron: Script works manually but not w/Cron. Why?

Hello gurus, I am making what I think is a simple db2 call from within a shell script but I am having difficulty producing the desired report when I run the script shown below from a shell script in cron. For example, my script and the crontab file setup is shown below: #!/bin/ksh db2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: okonita
3 Replies
times(1)							   User Commands							  times(1)

NAME
times - shell built-in function to report time usages of the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh times ksh times DESCRIPTION
sh Print the accumulated user and system times for processes run from the shell. ksh Print the accumulated user and system times for the shell and for processes run from the shell. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ksh(1), sh(1), time(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 times(1)