Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Basic Unix tools
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Basic Unix tools Post 22571 by killerserv on Thursday 6th of June 2002 05:08:04 AM
Old 06-06-2002
gdb: Debugger
ddd: Data Display Debugger
dbx: Debugger
Purify: Run-time Memory Checker
purecov: Test Covereage Measurement Tool
quantify: Profile Programs And Analyze Performance Bottlenecks
Sun Workshop Integrated Development Environment
Insure++: Runtime Memory Checker
lisp
pascal
perl
phython
sml
tcl/tk
csim
fortran
java
asm

Here is some of the list, but do take note it may vary from Kernel update time to time.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic unix

okay, im having some trouble. Go ahead, call me a retard, but i keep getting stuck. Suppose i want to open a Picture of Jesus(for the sake of simplicity) using unix. I type: open Desktop/Pictures/Jesus.jpg It opens, and its all well and good. But, suppose i want to open a picture called Joe... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: HipCracka
4 Replies

2. Infrastructure Monitoring

UNIX Monitoring tools

I need some monitoring tools for SCO 7.1.4 Does anybody reccomend some software that I can install to monitor mem leaks and odd SAR values etc (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trebor1
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX monitoring tools

Guys, I would like to know who are using monitoring tools? I use Nagios before but it seems is more on Linux and Windows platform. - Nagios - BigBrother - BigSister - Cacti - MRTG - JFFNMS - anymore? Please give comment too I would like to have some comment on UNIX monitoring tools.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwarf007
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix basic help

What command would I use to list the first lines of all text files within my Unix directory or within any directory inside there? I was using "find" , "head" and "-exec" commands like this: find ~/Unix -name "*.txt" -exec head {} \; But its not perfectly working, please help me.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: carrera911
2 Replies

5. SCO

UNIX Command line administration and Tools

Hi Everyone I have a few things i need help with in SCO-UNIXWARE 7.1.4 that the version am running. I am an ex-Debian user and i am finding that UNIXWARE is not the cup of Coffee i like I would like to know it the following are available or are there substitutes a locate command - a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Han.nlo
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compiling tools for unix machine using C

Hello everyone i have a script written in C and i need to compile it in a unix machine i am a first time programmer and i do not know how to compile this and also i need to save the results in a table please help we normally use instructions like build_bb -f but now im confused i dnt knw hw to use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DeVGuL
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX user monitoring tools

Hello mates.. i need help with these things *Users should be allowed to login only once, i.e Multiple logins from single user should be restricted and should issue an alert if any user tries . *statistics of everyday log in time ,duration of login,and the commands executed by the user *Alert... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: safijunaid
6 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

UNIX and Linux authentication middleware or tools

Hi, We are looking for UNIX and Linux authentication middleware/tools which can replace our existing RSA SecurID - Two-Factor Authentication. Any suggestions or recommendations. Thanks, Gabar (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gabar Singh
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX tools on windows ?

is there any tool or something to install and practice unix on windows ? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ded325
8 Replies
Child::Link::IPC::Pipe(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Child::Link::IPC::Pipe(3pm)

NAME
Child::Link::IPC::Pipe - Base class for link objects used by the Child::IPC::Pipe plugin. SEE ALSO
This class inherits from: Child::Link::IPC HISTORY
Most of this was part of Parrallel::Runner intended for use in the Fennec project. Fennec is being broken into multiple parts, this is one such part. FENNEC PROJECT
This module is part of the Fennec project. See Fennec for more details. Fennec is a project to develop an extendable and powerful testing framework. Together the tools that make up the Fennec framework provide a potent testing environment. The tools provided by Fennec are also useful on their own. Sometimes a tool created for Fennec is useful outside the greator framework. Such tools are turned into their own projects. This is one such project. Fennec - The core framework The primary Fennec project that ties them all together. AUTHORS
Chad Granum exodist7@gmail.com COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010 Chad Granum Child is free software; Standard perl licence. Child is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the license for more details. perl v5.10.1 2011-03-07 Child::Link::IPC::Pipe(3pm)