Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sound card ?????
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers sound card ????? Post 22566 by killerserv on Wednesday 5th of June 2002 10:28:03 PM
Old 06-05-2002
ok, how if you try to :

cat /dev/sndstat what is the result ? can you see the configuration data's There should be some information on the Sound card stats. Can you confirm on that. Also is it possible for you to do a Physical check on the sound card. What sound card is it? Version? Model? Perhaps that could help some.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sound Card configuration

Hie, Im using Linux Kernel 2.2.16-22 (Linux Ver7.0), My problem is My sound Card is not detected and configured properly, i tried many ways but still cant configured it out. Heres my detail problem. Whenever i tried to configure my sound card which i newly purchased ( Creative Vibra 128 Audio... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: killerserv
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to configure my Sound Card????

I use sndconfig to configure it ..in addation the sample sound worked but the MIDI not work and game me an error from /var/log/messages I get that : Feb 18 09:04:35 localhost kernel: cs4232: set synthio and synthirq to use the wavefront facilities. Feb 18 09:04:50 localhost kernel: YM3812 and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: atiato
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I configure my sound card?

Where should I go for sound card configurations? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: confusedoflife
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problems with sound card on FreeBSD 4.5

Hi,friends!!! I have a problem with my integrated sound card AC97 on i815 and my version of FreeBSD is 4.5.I know that there is a driver for it called ich.c.gz,but the site containing it is unavaliable now.And is there another driver or some other ideas ? z-z-z-z-z :: email removed :: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kruch
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please help me with my sound card...

Hello, I have recently installed Red Hat 7.3 next to my Windows XP. Everything works fine, except for the sound card (Sound Blaster Audigy), which is not supported yet. I heard that I can install SB Live! drivers to get it to work, but being a complete linux newbie I don't know how to do that. Can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LittleMan
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to check if sound card exists?

hi, i have a sun sparc II machine. i would like to play music from this workstation. so how should i check whether my machine has a sound card installed? what command should i type? pls enlighten me. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: champion
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sound card and audio song

Hello, How can i install the sound card on solaris 9.00 and also, how can i play MP3 and audio songs on solaris.... pls provide me the complete steps.... thnks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: taurian1234
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sound card doesn't work!

Hello I have just installed Free BSD on my old computer system to learn how to use it and I can't get any sound. When I start KDE desktop I receve a message that says "Sound server informational message: Error while initializing the sound driver: device /dev/dsp can't be opened (No such file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ac101
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is the sound card in use?

I'm just wondering if there's a simple way (that could be used in a shell script) to tell if the sound card is in use (as in audio is being played)? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: petebear
0 Replies

10. Solaris

sound card roblem

hi all my sound card not define in my unix box how can i get driver for my sound card (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xxmasrawy
3 Replies
sndconfig(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      sndconfig(8)

NAME
sndconfig - configure sound card for use with Linux kernel modules SYNOPSIS
sndconfig {--help,--noprobe,--noautoconfig} DESCRIPTION
sndconfig sets up the necessary configuration files to use a sound card on a Red Hat system. If PnP support is compiled in, by default snd- config will do an initial probe for PnP sound cards using the pnpdump utility. If the --noprobe option is given this step will be skipped. The user will be notified if any cards were found. Otherwise the user must pick the card type from a menu. Then the user must choose the I/O port, IRQ, and DMA settings for the sound card. These must be known ahead of time and depend upon the jumper settings of the sound card. For PnP cards, the program will determine settings for the card; if the --noautoconfig option is given the user can choose the val- ues which will be programmed into the PnP device. There is no guarantee that the values entered do not conflict with an existing non-PnP or PnP device. The user must make sure these types of conflicts do not occur. OPTIONS --help Print a usage message on standard output and exit successfully. --noprobe No probe will be made for PnP cards, and the PnP configuration files will not be changed. --noautoconfig No autoconfiguration of PnP cards will be done; the user will be prompted for settings. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/soundcard Stores current settings /etc/modules.conf Stores sound module configuration /etc/isapnp.conf Stores PnP configuration SEE ALSO
isapnp(1), pnpdump(1) Wed Aug 19 1998 sndconfig(8)