Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Solaris Mail Client & MS Exchange Post 22547 by ianf on Wednesday 5th of June 2002 05:09:38 PM
Old 06-05-2002
Thanx for that. Can you point me in the right direction for finding out how to configure my Solaris mail client to talk to a pop3/smtp server.

Also any good websites for this sort of stuff.

Thanx

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mail exchange

Hi everyone I am setting up my own web hosting and dns server - have got all the dns and web server things sorted out. I am wondering if anyone knows what I need to do to enable my customers to have their own pop and smtp access under their own domains which they host with me. I have two ip... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alwayslearningunix
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mail Exchange Server

I've got a question regarding setting up mail between two unix boxes. Is it possible to setup two boxes conected via a hub and allow them to send mail using the Netscape Messenger. I know that I can be done so using the UNIX sendmail but I need to connect them via Messenger as my ultimate goal is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: GlockCW
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris & mail

On my solaris server, I suddenly got a message saying Message from metatest on server. Check xxx mailbox for details. How do I chcek the message. I don't find xxx mailbox. Please help me ASAP. This is very urgent. Thanks & Regards, Nalina H V (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nalinahv
1 Replies

4. Solaris

How to configure netbackup client in Solaris 9 & 10

Hi Experts Though I am aware that I am asking some thing which I should not ask here, however I am sure that there are many who must be have configure netback client in solaris 9 and 10. Please help /direct me towards some link as how and what all is required to configure Veritas... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Configuring send mail client in solaris 10

Dear all, We have SMTP server in our organization & i want to send e-mails from solaris machine using sendmail ... in which file i need to put the smtp server ip, username & passwd.. kindly help ....... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwanathhcl
4 Replies

6. HP-UX

[Solved] How do I configure Unix Mail Server to use another Mail Exchange Server

We have configured our mail unix server and can send out emails automatically from applications running on unix to different people in our company as well as outside our company. However there is an outside client who is not receiving these emails because the settings on their mail server cannot... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tenyhwa
4 Replies

7. Linux

MS Exchange from linux client

I haven't seen many updates so im here to ask my fellow *nix users if they have found a way or have atleast heard anything about GUI Mail Client that can access mail from a MS Exchange server. I know that Evolution stopped worked up until Exchange 2003 but not for 2007 or 2010. It doesn't seem... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary-ninja
4 Replies

8. Linux

Exchange Email Client for Linux

About 5 years ago I used to use Evolution for its ability to interact with my companies Exchange 2003 server. I was wondering what Exchange compliant email clients you are actually using with either Exchange 2007 or 2010? FYI I've tried Thunderbird and it just sucks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary-ninja
5 Replies

9. Red Hat

Postfix Gateway with Exchange Mail With MX back-up

Hello, We have been looking for ways of implementing some redundancy on our postfix gateways in our company. We have 4 Postfix Gateways. mail2.domain.ro 10 mail.domain.ro 20 mail1.domain.ro 30 mail3.domain.ro 40 On nslookup we have like this: domain.ro MX preference = 10,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: panaitescuionel
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM (in reply to MAIL FROM comm

I am having trouble getting mail to work on a red hat server. At first I was getting this message. Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery temporarily suspended: connect to :25: Connection refused Then added the port to my firewall. Then I temporarily turned off selinux. I then copied this file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
XLASSIE(1x)							   User Commands						       XLASSIE(1x)

NAME
xlassie - mailbox counter for X SYNOPSIS
xlassie [options] DESCRIPTION
The xlassie program is a replacement for the standard X mail notification tool, XBiff. It has several useful enhancements over XBiff. * Counts the number of new messages you have * Can query remote mail on a POP3 server or on an IMAP server * Can count local mail with an mbox or a maildir style spool * Uses less memory than XBiff (or any other X mail checker) * Can run a command when clicked on, and/or when new mail arrives * Can toggle an LED indicating availability of mail * Supports both the KDE and the WindowMaker applet protocols * Runs as a standard X application When the count is 0 (no mail) it is displayed in a less obtrusive color. When mail arrives a beep is emitted, and the updated unread mes- sage count is displayed. When xlassie is running, the following interactive commands are available: q Quit gracefully. mouse click Spawn '-command' (if any), otherwise update mail count. xlassie 1.8 OPTIONS
-h, -help Print usage and exit -v, -version Print version and exit -V, -verbose Chatter on about this and that -name <name> Set application class name (default: xlassie) -bg <color> Background color (default: White) -fg <color> Foreground color (default: Black) -hilight [<color>] Use a different foreground color when there is non-zero mail (default: Red) -update <number> Check mail every <number> seconds (default: 5 sec local, 60 sec remote) -bell Ring bell when count increases from zero -led [<number>] Light-up keyboard LED <number> if mail exists (default: 1) -fn <fontname> Font for the new mail count -display <displayname> X server to connect to -geometry <geometry> Window geometry -shape Use a shaped window -spool <filename> File to use for mail spool or maildir directory -mailcommand <command> Command to execute on new mail arrival -clickcommand <command> Command to execute when clicked upon (default: CHECK_MAILBOX) -offset <number> Mail display count offset (for debugging) -pop3 <server> Connect to pop3 server rather than local mail spool -apop3 <server> Like -pop3, but uses a different method. Use when -pop3 doesn't find the correct number -imap <server> Use the IMAP protocol instead of pop3 -imapfolder <folder> Use this folder instead of INBOX -username <name> Username for pop3/imap server, when different from local username -password <password> Password to use on pop3/imap server. Use the password 'ask' to be prompted for the password on stdin. -offline Don't exit when the server is unreachable -wmaker, -kde Do stuff to get swallowed into the WindowMaker or KDE dock. Normally unneeded: WindowMaker and KDE should be autodetected. -nokde, -nowmaker Don't do the stuff to get swallowed ENVIRONMENT
If set MAIL is the mail spool or maildir directory to use, unless otherwise specified on the command line. X RESOURCES
When reading X resources, two class names xlassie and xbiff are recognized (in that order) unless the -name is used. The class name xbiff allows resources common to both xbiff and xlassie to be easily configured, while the class name xlassie allows resources unique to this program. If no resources are specified, suitable defaults will be used. Command-line arguments can be used to override resource settings. The following resources are allowed (e.g, "xlassie.RESOURCE"): name: name Use the specified name as a class name for this application (default: xlassie). background: color Use the specified color as this application's background color. The 'bg' resource is also recognized (default: White). foreground: color Use the specified color as this application's foreground color. The 'fg' resource is also recognized (default: Black). hightlight: color Use the specified color as this application's foreground color when there is non-zero mail. The 'hilight' resource is also recog- nized (default: Red). update: number Use the specified number to note how many seconds should be used to check mail every (default: 5 seconds local, 60 seconds remote). bell: boolean Use the specified boolean value to affect the ringing of the system bell when mail is received (default: False). led: number Use the specified number to light-up the LED specified if mail exists (default: 1). font: fontname Use the specified fontname as the application's font. The 'fn' resource is also recognized. geometry: geometry Use the specified X window geometry. shape: boolean Use the specified boolean value to affect shaped window creation (default: False). spool: filename Use the specified filename as the mail spool or maildir directory. mailcommand: command Use the specified command to execute on new mail arrival. The 'mailcmd' resource is also recognized. If you have a %d in the com- mand, it will get replaced with the number of new messages. Remember to put quotes around the command if it's longer than one word. If you want the command to run the background, put a '&' at the end. clickcommand: command Use the specified command to execute when application is clicked on. The 'clickcmd' resource is also recognized (default: CHECK_MAILBOX). pop3: server Use the specified pop3 server rather than local mail spool. apop3: server Use the specified pop3 server rather than local mail spool but while using a different access method. This option is useful when -pop3 doesn't find the correct number. imap: server Use the specified imap server rather than local mail spool. username: name Use the specified login name for pop3/imap server access when different from local username. password: password Use the specified login password for pop3/imap server access. offline: boolean Use the specified boolean value to affect whether access is continued in the case a remote server is unreachable (default: False). wmaker: boolean Use the specified boolean value to affect the ability to get swallowed into a WindowMaker dock (default: False). kde: boolean Use the specified boolean value to affect the ability to get swallowed into a KDE dock (default: False). nokde: boolean Use the specified boolean value to affect the inability to get swallowed into a KDE dock (default: False). nowmaker: boolean Use the specified boolean value to affect the inability to get swallowed into a WindowMaker dock (default: False). AUTHOR
Original XLassie by Trent Piepho <xyzzy@speakeasy.org>. Modified by - Barak A. Pearlmutter <barak@cs.may.ie> - Nadim Shaikli <nadim@arabeyes.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1998-2001, Trent Piepho. Copyright of modifications held by their respective authors. Licensed under the GNU General Public License v2 (GPL). xlassie 1.8 October 2011 XLASSIE(1x)