Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers adding a second display, keyboard Post 22536 by auswipe on Wednesday 5th of June 2002 12:04:49 PM
Old 06-05-2002
How about cheap X-clients?

I see X Terminals on eBay all the time for cheap that support VGA. You might be able to find what you need that works with a decent VGA monitor.

I would look at the X Terminal solution. The only problem with buying off eBay is that you have to make sure that you buy X Terminals that are still supported by the manufacture.

You could also go with cheap PC's running either Unix or Windows with X Client software or VNC.

There are several solutions available, it just depends on how much they want to spend.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I map Unix keyboard for PC keyboard

A Solaris AXI 440 machine with Solaris 8 version. I have PC users who use an emulation to login to the Solaris server. How can I change the keyboard mapping of the Sun keyboard to fit to the PC keyboard ? Any comment will be appreciated. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: simhab
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding new lines to a file + adding suffix to a pattern

I need some help with adding lines to file and substitute a pattern. Ok I have a file: #cat names.txt name: John Doe stationed: 1 name: Michael Sweets stationed: 41 . . . And would like to change it to: name: John Doe employed permanently stationed: 1-office (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemo21
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding rows of a file and display in another file

How to add these all ( 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 1 5 8 0 12 10 25) in the script and How to calculate the GPA?? :wall: For example a course record file can be like this: COURSE NAME: Operating Systems CREDITS: 4 123456 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 1 5 8 0 12 10 25 243567 0 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 7 9 12 15 17 15... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: poonam29
1 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

adding rows of a file and display in another file

How to add these all ( 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 1 5 8 0 12 10 25) in the script and How to calculate the GPA?? :wall: For example a course record file can be like this: COURSE NAME: Operating Systems CREDITS: 4 123456 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 1 5 8 0 12 10 25 243567 0 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 7 9 12 15 17 15... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: poonam29
1 Replies

5. AIX

Keyboard Mouse Display not working with Pseries

Hello, Just got a refurbished Pseries when I boot the machine , everything is okay, that is no attention light and panel shows 01 B N but there is nothing on the display ( monitor / console ) which is plugged into the video card port of pseries. The display is empty.... The keyboard... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem getting vertical bar with British keyboard layout on US (physical) keyboard

Hi, I've got a bit of a ridiculous problem and wasn't sure where to post it. I need to use the vertical bar for piping in Bash but, as per the title, am using a UK layout on a US (physical) keyboard which doesn't have a key for it in the place I'd expect. I've tried using xbindkeys and Unicode... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: crunchgargoyle
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Adding to an array in an external file, and adding elements to it.

I have an array in an external file, "array.txt", which contains: char *testarray={"Zero", "One", "Two", "Three", "Four", "Five", "Six", "Seven", "Eight", "Nine"};I want to be able to add an element to this array, and have that element display, whenever I call it, without having to recompile... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: ignatius
29 Replies
XChangeKeyboardDevice(3X11)					    X FUNCTIONS 				       XChangeKeyboardDevice(3X11)

NAME
XChangeKeyboardDevice - change which device is used as the X keyboard SYNTAX
Status XChangeKeyboardDevice(display, device) Display *display; XDevice *device; ARGUMENTS
display Specifies the connection to the X server. device Specifies the device to be used as the X keyboard. DESCRIPTION
The XChangeKeyboardDevice request causes the server to use the specified device as the X keyboard. The device must have been previously opened by the requesting client via XOpenDevice or a BadDevice error will result. The device must support input class Keys, or a BadMatch error will result. If the server implementation does not support using the requested device as the X keyboard, a BadDevice error will result. If the specified device is grabbed by another client, AlreadyGrabbed is returned. If the specified device is frozen by a grab on another device, GrabFrozen is returned. If the request is successful, Success is returned. If the request succeeds, a ChangeDeviceNotify event is sent to all clients that have selected that event. A MappingNotify event with request = MappingKeyboard is sent to all clients. The specified device becomes the X keyboard and the old X keyboard becomes accessible through the input extension protocol requests. XChangeKeyboardDevice can generate a BadDevice or a BadMatch error. DIAGNOSTICS
BadDevice An invalid device was specified. The specified device does not exist, has not been opened by this client via XOpenInputDevice, or is already one of the core X device (pointer or keyboard). This error may also occur if the server implementation does not support using the specified device as the X keyboard. BadMatch This error may occur if an XChangeKeyboardDevice request was made specifying a device that has no keys. SEE ALSO
XChangePointerDevice Programming With Xlib X Version 11 Release 6 XChangeKeyboardDevice(3X11)