Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to run a script automatically ????? Post 2253 by arunava_maity on Tuesday 1st of May 2001 09:12:03 PM
Old 05-01-2001
Thanks for the reply .
So if i want to execute my file eith the name myfile.sh everyweekday at an interval of one hour from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. will the command be
0 9-17 * * 1-5 myfile.sh
[ can we give a path here like /mydir/myfile.sh]
Also how do u put the entire thing using crontab command.
I will like to know the detail syntax.
Bye
Thanks in advance
Cheers
Arunava

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to run a Script automatically

How to make a script run automatically using a cron?? i do not know abt cron...... if i have simple.sh file and i need this to run everyday at a particular time what needs to be done thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hamsa
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run shell script automatically

hi , i m trying to run bash scrip automaticially but i dont know how i can do this an anybody tell me how i can autorun shell script when i logon . thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tahir23
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatically run bash script

Hi! I want to run/execute a bash script automatically everytime when a specific file is created or when its timestamp changes. Is this possible? How? Thank you very much for your answers in advance, Regards, Christoph (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ckofler
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run a script automatically

Hi All, How can i run a script every week automatically. Thanks & regards, Sam (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam25
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

variable has no value if run the script automatically/scheduled

Hi All, I am using ksh as the shell. I have a script that should store variable after executing "onstat" on informix. I can execute it successfully without any issue if run manually, however the value is not showing up when run automatically(scheduled). Is there anything needed to make the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tungaw2004
1 Replies

6. AIX

How to run a script automatically when AIX version 7 server reboots?

Am new to AIX please help me. I have AIX7 server. When ever the system reboots my script need to run automatically. This will help me to start my application automatically after the server reboot. Thanks, Prince Wells (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: prince1987
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run script automatically on reboot as root user?

Hi friends,,, I am running one server on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 32-bit, some times my pc restarts automatically, with no reason, I have a script to start server which requires root password. in this directory /myserver/start_server.sh How can I do this ? and some scripts I am having that I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run script automatically every 12 hour once?

Hi ! all, I have once script to remove temporary cache and temporary xml files looks like this, as it is taking more space, I would like to run automatically every 12 hour once, and then I want to receive some log as acknowledgement #!/bin/sh echo "Removing logs and temp files (typically... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a script before and after reboot automatically and send output to two locations.

Hello Team . I am working a health check script ( bash) to run on linux server ( RedHat) and requirements are 1. The o/p of script need to be send to two diff files . I am testing with tee command . But I am not successful yet , any recommendations if that is the right approach ? 2. The same... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Varja
2 Replies
MSGUNTYPOT(1p)							    Po4a Tools							    MSGUNTYPOT(1p)

NAME
msguntypot - update PO files when a typo is fixed in POT file SYNOPSIS
msguntypot -o old_pot -n new_pot pofiles ... DESCRIPTION
When you fix a trivial error which surely doesn't affect translations (e.g. a typo) in a POT file, you should unfuzzy the corresponding msgstr in the translated PO files to avoid so extra work to the translators. This task is difficult and error prone when done manually, and this tool is there to help doing so correctly. You just need to provide the two versions of the POT file: before the edition and after as marked in the above synopsis, and it all becomes automatic. HOW TO USE IT
In short, when you discover a typo in one of your [english] message, do the following: - Regenerate your POT and PO files. make -C po/ update-po # for message program translations debconf-updatepo # for debconf translations po4a po4a.conf # for po4a based documentation translations or something else, depending on your project's building settings. You know how to make sure your POT an PO files are uptodate, don't you?? - Make a copy of your POT file. cp myfile.pot myfile.pot.orig - Make a copy of all your files. mkdir po_fridge; cp *.po po_fridge - Fix your typo. $EDITOR the_file_in_which_there_is_a_typo - Regenerate your POT and PO files. See above. At this point, the typo fix fuzzied all the translations, and this unfortunate change is the only one between the PO files of your main directory and the one from the fridge. Here is how to solve this. - Discard fuzzy translation, restore the ones from the fridge. cp po_fridge/*.po . - Manually merge the PO files with the new POT file, but taking the useless fuzzy into account. msguntypot -o myfile.pot.orig -n myfile.pot *.po - Cleanups. rm -rf myfile.pot.orig po_fridge You're done. The typo was eradicated from msgstr of both your POT and PO files, and the PO files were not fuzzyied in the process. Your translators love you already. SEE ALSO
Despite its name, this tool is not part of the gettext tool suite. It is instead part of po4a. More precisely, it's a random Perl script using the fine po4a modules. For more information about po4a, please see: po4a(7) AUTHORS
Martin Quinson (mquinson#debian,org) COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2005 by SPI, inc. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of GPL (see the COPYING file). Po4a Tools 2014-06-10 MSGUNTYPOT(1p)