Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: fBSD nat ipfw
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers fBSD nat ipfw Post 22469 by hachik on Tuesday 4th of June 2002 11:50:59 AM
Old 06-04-2002
Question fBSD nat ipfw

i am running nat on my freeBSD and web/ftp server.
The rule allow ip from any to any must always be? or how? if i accept all packets to go on my ep0 which diverts all to my intranet it doesnt help, must the rule allow ip from any to any always be ?
even if many rules are between divert rule and allow from any to any rule, system still be able easy hacked :)
p.s. sorry for my lang. :)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

my fbsd gateway

hi i got a problem. I use a fbsd box to share my (DSL)internet connection. I got 2 networkcards in my fbsd box, but my networkcard 1 (to my modem) always go out. the led don't burn anymore and I lose my connection to the internet :( but my networkcard2 (to my local network) doesn't go out,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stormpie
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

C-Media 8738 chipset for FBSD 4.4

HI i'm compiling my kernel with the support of this chipset. In FreeBSD 4.2 and 4.3 I got no problem with the kernel, but with 4.4 I just can't get the kernel compiled with the soundcard support. i added this to my kernel device pcm device snd something wrong... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stormpie
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Color konsole in FBSD 4.6

FBSD 4.6 How do I colorize my konsole to see directories etc. Am able to get color in the shell with ls -GF in my .bashrc. But color does not show in KDE3 Konsole (Xwindows) for some reason.FBSD 4.6 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lancest
1 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

ipfw directives and order of precidence...

Is there a general rule I can apply when examining/editing ipfw entries? Also, does each new entry have to have a unique rule number? And, I think I can write a script to block code red infected machines (though I'm not sure it would do more than slim down my web server error message log),... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: [MA]Flying_Meat
0 Replies

5. BSD

Casio CASSIOPEA BE-300 & fBSD

I just don't know how do I have to connect them... Connecting via USB, if some body knows, please post here... Thankue... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: PomaH 6yxDAK
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with IPFW.. Please...

Hi folks, I am a Mac User, and have little knowledge on IPFW. I have a set up at home where my computer (with 2 ethernet cards and static IP adresses) serves Internet to my family's computers. I have already a script that will run automatically at login and called from Cron at certain... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fundidor
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FBSD jail question

I'm trying to establish a jail on a FBSD 6.1 system and have a couple of questions on bringing up the daemon. Under the jail man page there are two user flags that I am unclear on, -u username The user name from host environment as whom the command should run. -U... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thumper
1 Replies

8. BSD

Using several pipes in ipfw (dummynet)

Hi! I've already posted this on the freebsd-questions mailing list, but I thought I could try it here too. I'm using FreeBSD 7.0 with IPFW DUMMYNET enabled. I've got a problem with creating a ruleset, which allows me to limit the overall bandwidth of a link and afterwards pass the packets... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xenator
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ipfw and dhcp

Hello, I have a little problem with my server configuration. So: I have two PC's with DHCP enable and both of them have two NIC's. PC1 - le0 ADSL PC1 - le1 192.168.10.1 PC2 - le0 192.168.10.10 PC2 - le1 192.168.20.1 One NIC on PC1 is connected to ADSL, another one have IP address... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrowcp
3 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

How to enable ipfw.log?

Under Mountain Lion, I want logs from ipfw sent to ipfw.log instead of dumped in system.log I've tried to figure out how OSX handles logs, but... after going back and forth between a syslog.conf which does little if anything, a newsyslog.conf that seems to only handle rotation, an asl.conf that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnojr
3 Replies
AUDIT_ADD_RULE_DATA(3)						  Linux Audit API					    AUDIT_ADD_RULE_DATA(3)

NAME
audit_add_rule_data - Add new audit rule SYNOPSIS
#include <libaudit.h> int audit_add_rule_data (int fd, struct audit_rule_data *rule, int flags, int action); DESCRIPTION
audit_add_rule adds an audit rule previously constructed with audit_rule_fieldpair_data(3) to one of several kernel event filters. The fil- ter is specified by the flags argument. Possible values for flags are: o AUDIT_FILTER_USER - Apply rule to userspace generated messages. o AUDIT_FILTER_TASK - Apply rule at task creation (not syscall). o AUDIT_FILTER_EXIT - Apply rule at syscall exit. o AUDIT_FILTER_TYPE - Apply rule at audit_log_start. The rule's action has two possible values: o AUDIT_NEVER - Do not build context if rule matches. o AUDIT_ALWAYS - Generate audit record if rule matches. RETURN VALUE
The return value is <= 0 on error, otherwise it is the netlink sequence id number. This function can have any error that sendto would encounter. SEE ALSO
audit_rule_fieldpair_data(3), audit_delete_rule_data(3), auditctl(8). AUTHOR
Steve Grubb. Red Hat Aug 2009 AUDIT_ADD_RULE_DATA(3)