Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers escape shortcut and short on history :) Post 22453 by hugo_perez on Tuesday 4th of June 2002 09:32:39 AM
Old 06-04-2002
Try to download and install the "bash" command prompt.

Regards. Hugo.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A short history of UNIX by l.madden@ic.ac.uk

<h1>A short history of UNIX</h1> <p>In the late 1960's Ken Thompsom joined the computing-science research group at Bell Laboratories, which is the research arm of the giant American corporation ATT. He and many colleagues had been collaborating with MIT and GE on the development of an... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to review the history and the commands that has been done in this history?

Hello every body, Kindly inform me How Do i find out the time I executed a command previously on UNIX Solaris?? To be more specific and more clear about what i want to know is that I want a command the enables me to know the history and which command i run at this history/time. FYI I used... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

History to Another file [local user history , but root access]

Hi all, My need is : 1. To know who , when , which command used. 2. Local user should not delete this information. I mean , with an example , i can say i have a user user1 i need to give all the following permissions to user1, : a. A specific directory other than his home... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

History to Another file [local user history , but root access]

Hi all, My need is : 1. To know who , when , which command used. 2. Local user should not delete this information. I mean , with an example , i can say i have a user user1 i need to give all the following permissions to user1, : a. A specific directory other than his home... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sriky86
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Auto escape script to escape special chars in script args

This is a bit off the wall, but I often need to run scripts where there are argument values that contain special characters. For example, $ ./process.exe -t M -N -o temp.mol.s -i ../molfiles/N,N\',N\'\'-trimethylbis\(hexamethylene\)triamine.mol && sfile_space_to_tab.sh temp.mol.s temp.s It... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
1 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

The Great History of UNIX (1969-1999) | 30 Years of UNIX History | YouTube Video

I am pleased to announce this new video in 1080 HD for UNIX lovers honoring thirty years of UNIX history spanning from 1969 to 1999 presented in 150 seconds (two and a half minutes) in 1080 HD, celebrating the 50th anniversary of UNIX. The Great History of UNIX (1969-1999) | 30 Years of UNIX... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
8 Replies
CHICKEN-INSTALL(1)					      General Commands Manual						CHICKEN-INSTALL(1)

NAME
chicken-install - download and install extension libraries for Chicken Scheme SYNOPSIS
chicken-install [OPTION | EXTENSION[:VERSION]] ... DESCRIPTION
chicken-install is a program that downloads, compiles and installs a prepackaged extension library from sources. If no extension name is given on the command-line, then any existing setup scripts in the current directory will be executed in some unspecified order. OPTIONS
Enter chicken-install -help for a list of supported command-line options. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
CHICKEN_PREFIX The installation prefix where CHICKEN Scheme and its support files and libraries are located. Defaults to the installation time pre- fix given when configuring the system. CHICKEN_INSTALL_PREFIX An alternative installation prefix that will be prepended to extension installation paths if specified. CHICKEN_REPOSITORY The path where extension libraries are installed. Defaults to the package-library path selected during configuration (usually /var/lib/chicken/<binary-version> ) DOCUMENTATION
More information can be found in the Chicken User's Manual BUGS
Submit bug reports by e-mail to chicken-janitors@nongnu.org , preferrably using the chicken-bug tool. AUTHORS
The CHICKEN Team SEE ALSO
chicken-uninstall(1) chicken-status(1) chicken(1) csc(1) chicken-bug(1) 13 Aug 2008 CHICKEN-INSTALL(1)