Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers escape shortcut and short on history :) Post 22451 by inquirer on Tuesday 4th of June 2002 09:10:41 AM
Old 06-04-2002
escape shortcut and short on history :)

i am used to press the escape button to automatically fill up the missing words of a file name in an HPUX. how come i cannot do the same thing for Sun? do i have to set anything to activate this? if so is it possible to automatically go to this mode when a user logs in?

how about history? how come i can do this in HPUX and not in Sun? is there anyway to change that?

thanks,
:P
inquirer

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A short history of UNIX by l.madden@ic.ac.uk

<h1>A short history of UNIX</h1> <p>In the late 1960's Ken Thompsom joined the computing-science research group at Bell Laboratories, which is the research arm of the giant American corporation ATT. He and many colleagues had been collaborating with MIT and GE on the development of an... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to review the history and the commands that has been done in this history?

Hello every body, Kindly inform me How Do i find out the time I executed a command previously on UNIX Solaris?? To be more specific and more clear about what i want to know is that I want a command the enables me to know the history and which command i run at this history/time. FYI I used... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

History to Another file [local user history , but root access]

Hi all, My need is : 1. To know who , when , which command used. 2. Local user should not delete this information. I mean , with an example , i can say i have a user user1 i need to give all the following permissions to user1, : a. A specific directory other than his home... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

History to Another file [local user history , but root access]

Hi all, My need is : 1. To know who , when , which command used. 2. Local user should not delete this information. I mean , with an example , i can say i have a user user1 i need to give all the following permissions to user1, : a. A specific directory other than his home... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sriky86
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Auto escape script to escape special chars in script args

This is a bit off the wall, but I often need to run scripts where there are argument values that contain special characters. For example, $ ./process.exe -t M -N -o temp.mol.s -i ../molfiles/N,N\',N\'\'-trimethylbis\(hexamethylene\)triamine.mol && sfile_space_to_tab.sh temp.mol.s temp.s It... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
1 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

The Great History of UNIX (1969-1999) | 30 Years of UNIX History | YouTube Video

I am pleased to announce this new video in 1080 HD for UNIX lovers honoring thirty years of UNIX history spanning from 1969 to 1999 presented in 150 seconds (two and a half minutes) in 1080 HD, celebrating the 50th anniversary of UNIX. The Great History of UNIX (1969-1999) | 30 Years of UNIX... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
8 Replies
glutSpaceballButtonFunc(3GLUT)					       GLUT					    glutSpaceballButtonFunc(3GLUT)

NAME
glutSpaceballButtonFunc - sets the Spaceball button callback for the current window. SYNTAX
#include <GLUT/glut.h> void glutSpaceballButtonFunc(void (*func)(int button, int state)); ARGUMENTS
func The new spaceball button callback function. DESCRIPTION
glutSpaceballButtonFunc sets the Spaceball button callback for the current window. The Spaceball button callback for a window is called when the window has Spaceball input focus (normally, when the mouse is in the window) and the user generates Spaceball button presses. The button parameter will be the button number (starting at one). The number of available Spaceball buttons can be determined with glutDe- viceGet(GLUT_NUM_SPACEBALL_BUTTONS). The state is either GLUT_UP or GLUT_DOWN indicating whether the callback was due to a release or press respectively. Registering a Spaceball button callback when a Spaceball device is not available is ineffectual and not an error. In this case, no Space- ball button callbacks will be generated. Passing NULL to glutSpaceballButtonFunc disables the generation of Spaceball button callbacks. When a new window is created, no Spaceball button callback is initially registered. SEE ALSO
glutSpaceballMotionFunc, glutSpaceballRotateFunc, glutMouseFunc, glutButtonBoxFunc, glutTabletButtonFunc, glutJoystickFunc, glutDeviceGet AUTHOR
Mark J. Kilgard (mjk@nvidia.com) GLUT
3.7 glutSpaceballButtonFunc(3GLUT)