Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to load comma seperated values file (*.csv) into Oracle table Post 22435 by peter.herlihy on Tuesday 4th of June 2002 12:29:23 AM
Old 06-04-2002
Don't post in multiple forums please.

Refer to the Unix for Dummies forum - and provide more info there. I assume you're looking for the syntax to actually load the csv file into the database....I've left a q there for you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to load comma seperated values file (*.csv) into Oracle table

Hi all I need to input values in a .csv file into my Oracle table running in Unix, I wonder what would be the command to do so... The values are recorded in an excel file and I tried using a formatted text file to do so but failed because one of the field is simply too large to fit in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: handynas
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Handling .CSV( Comma seperated value) in awk

Hi Guys, I am trying to reading in comma seperated values in awk. I can set the delimiter to be a comma, but the tricky part is that commas that appear within quotes are not to be considered as delimiters. Could someone please help. Regards, Laud (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Laud12345
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comma Seperated List of Values

Hi, I have a comma seperated list of values: export list="red,blue,white,yellow" Given a value in a variable "look", i want to check whether the value is available in the above list. But the result should be based on exact string match and not part of the string. I am using following... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: brap45
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

load a data from text file into a oracle table

Hi all, I have a data like, 0,R001,2,D this wants to be loaded into a oracle database table. Pl let me know how this has to be done. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raji35
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing blank lines from comma seperated and space seperated file.

Hi, I want to remove empty/blank lines from comma seperated and space seperated files Thanks all for help (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert comma seperated file to line seperated.

Hi, I have data like this. 1,2,3,4 Output required: 1 2 3 4 I am trying to use tr function but getting error. Help is appreciated. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update the table using values from a csv file

i want to run update query for oracle which is in up.sql taking values from a.csv. I have implemented shell script to do it. extn="perl" ls -1 | while read file do echo "$file,$extn" > a.csv done up.sql contains update file_list set filename=$1 where extn=$2; The code to update is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Handling Comma in string values in a CSV file

Hi have a comma separated file which has numeric and string columns. String columns are quoted and can have comma in between the quotes. How to identify the columns with FS ="," sample records"prabhat,kumar",19,2000,"bangalore,India" In awk it should be$1 = prabhat,kumar $2=19 $3=2000... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: prabhat.diwaker
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert listner.log to csv format with comma seperated

Hi All, I am new to shell scripting i am trying to convert the listner.log to csv which can be inturn converted to excel for easy reading. i used this command awk '/SID=/ && /HOST=/ && /PORT=/ && /USER=/ { i=match($0,"SID="); i=i+RLENGTH; h0=substr($0,i); i=match(h0,")");... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: skoshekay
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to load XML file to Oracle table

Experts. I have created a oracle table as below. create table xml_tab ( File_No number , File_content Varchar2(2000), file_type xmltype ); Daily we are receiving many XML files as below. here is our sample xml file. File1 : (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasuvv
7 Replies
Jifty::DBI::Handle::Oracle(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Jifty::DBI::Handle::Oracle(3pm)

NAME
Jifty::DBI::Handle::Oracle - An oracle specific Handle object SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
This module provides a subclass of Jifty::DBI::Handle that compensates for some of the idiosyncrasies of Oracle. METHODS
connect PARAMHASH: Driver, Database, Host, User, Password Takes a paramhash and connects to your DBI datasource. database_version Returns value of ORA_OCI constant, see "Constants" in DBD::Oracle. insert Takes a table name as the first argument and assumes that the rest of the arguments are an array of key-value pairs to be inserted. build_dsn PARAMHASH Takes a bunch of parameters: Required: Driver, Database or Host/SID, Optional: Port and RequireSSL Builds a dsn suitable for an Oracle DBI connection blob_params column_NAME column_type Returns a hash ref for the bind_param call to identify BLOB types used by the current database for a particular column type. The current Oracle implementation only supports ORA_CLOB types(112). apply_limits STATEMENTREF ROWS_PER_PAGE FIRST_ROW takes an SQL SELECT statement and massages it to return ROWS_PER_PAGE starting with FIRST_ROW; distinct_query STATEMENTREF takes an incomplete SQL SELECT statement and massages it to return a DISTINCT result set. AUTHOR
Jesse Vincent, jesse@fsck.com SEE ALSO
Jifty::DBI, Jifty::DBI::Handle, DBD::Oracle perl v5.14.2 2011-04-26 Jifty::DBI::Handle::Oracle(3pm)