Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: programming options
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers programming options Post 22423 by bilal_aa on Monday 3rd of June 2002 04:37:50 PM
Old 06-03-2002
I am a studen at Richland Community College Continuing Ed. Dept. I am impressed with the programs they have going ,plus they offer alot of courses you just can't find anywhere else at affordable prices. Plus ,keep in mind that since it is a community college there are more options for funding!!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

c programming or unix programming!?

i would like advice on the usbject of c programming (in the middle of reading a book on C). could i benefit more if i apply that knowledge in the unix format if i were able to, or would that take the point out of learning C, basically I want to stay away from strying too far away from unix and use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

options

I am just beginning to learn unix and I was wondering if there was a list of all the options somewhere on the net or hidden in the man pages? Also do options always have - and then a letter, or can it be - and a number as well? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terms5
1 Replies

3. Programming

XWindows programming + gcc linker options

Im trying to compile some code that involves using X-Windows based functions (XDisplayName() and XOpenDisplay() ), however each time I run the compiler, Im getting a problem with the linker. The linker says that both XDisplayName() and XOpenDisplay() are unresolved text symbols. Is there a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JamesGoh
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Carreer:Networking Programming in Unix (C programming Language)

Hello, I am trying to learn Networking Programming in C in unix enviorment. I want to know how good it is to become a network programmer. i am crazy about Network programming but i also want to opt for the best carreer options. Anybody experienced Network Programmer, please tell me is my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhory2j
5 Replies

5. Programming

C Programming - Hardware Programming

Can someone help me on suggesting some ways to access the memory content in RAM directly from C/C++ source code. Please provide me any book name or any URL so that I can get an exhaustive knowledge over it. If possible please give me some tips on interacting with hardwares directly through... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nandumishra
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ?

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ? Please help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
0 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Kernel boot options removed by fault, no boot options

Hello Everyone, First of all, I highly appreciate all Linux forum members and whole Linux community. http://forums.linuxmint.com/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif. I wish you the best for all of you ! I will try to be short and concise: I am using Linux Mint 10 for 2 months on 2 ws, and all went... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdt
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

From iOS programming to Linux system programming

Hello. I like Linux and C programming language. Allways wanted to understand kernel and become a Linux system programmer. And I also like Objective-C and iOS. These two programming areas have relations: 1. Linux and iOS are UNIX-like systems, POSIX compliant. 2. It is useful to know C language... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rockatansky
2 Replies
saslfinger(1)						      General Commands Manual						     saslfinger(1)

NAME
saslfinger - A utility to collect SMTP AUTH relevant configuration for Postfix SYNOPSIS
saslfinger [-chs] DESCRIPTION
saslfinger is a utility to collect SMTP AUTH relevant configuration for Postfix. Depending on how you run it, it will search for informa- tion on server-side or client-side SMTP AUTH configuration settings in Postfix and Cyrus SASL. OPTIONS
-c If you run saslfinger with the option -c it will collect data required for client-side SMTP AUTH. Client-side SMTP AUTH is when Postfix smtp daemon uses SMTP AUTH to authenticate itself with a remote mail server that offers SMTP AUTH. saslfinger will try to telnet to all hosts listed in smtp_sasl_password_maps, if it may read smtp_sasl_password_maps The telnet test verifies your host is able to reach the remote servers and shows what AUTH mechanisms they offer - in some cases this is required to debug client-side SMTP AUTH. Important: By default smtp_sasl_password_maps must be read-only to root, since these maps contain the usernames and passwords to authenticate. If you run saslfinger as root access will be no problem, but saslfinger will fail if you lack the permissions to access smtp_sasl_password_maps. If you want to run the telnet test, but don't want to run saslfinger as root change permissions of smtp_sasl_password_maps so that the user running saslfinger may access smtp_sasl_password_maps while you debug. *note: You don't need to worry about saslfinger doing anything with the username or password stored next to the remote hosts in your smtp_sasl_password_maps; saslfinger completely ignores these informations! -h If you run saslfinger with the option -h it will print a little help message that tells you about the options you can use. -s If you run saslfinger with the option -s it will collect data required for server-side SMTP AUTH. Server-side SMTP AUTH is when Postfix smtpd daemon offers SMTP AUTH to mail clients. FILES
saslfinger - the script you need to run. saslfinger.1 - the man page you are currently reading. AUTHOR
Patrick Koetter, <patrick.koetter@state-of-mind.de>, http://www.state-of-mind.de You will find the newest version of saslfinger at http://postfix.state-of-mind.de/patrick.koetter/saslfinger/. BUGS
Please report bugs to <patrick.koetter@state-of-mind.de> Manuals User saslfinger(1)