Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity Creating a Password-Protected directory for ftp Uploads & Downloads Post 22421 by thehoghunter on Monday 3rd of June 2002 04:34:26 PM
Old 06-03-2002
What is the OS? (% uname -a)
What is the version and brand of FTP (some folks load a different one then what comes with the OS) if not standard?
thehoghunter

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I inhereted a Unix server that is password protected...Help!

I inhereted a project server that has UNIX installed with a SCO OS. I am trying to learn UNIX but I cannot go beyond the password and login. The original engineers have left the company and nothing was ever written down. How can access our server? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fxsaint
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print on a printer which is password protected

Hi, I am trying to print from HP unix machine to a Toshiba printer which is password protected. How can I print? Thanks. Anuj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anuj
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make script password protected

Hi All, I want to make my script password protected. i e: if somebody runs my script it should prompt for password. Can somebody help me in to execute the same?? Thanks in Advance :b: (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: achararun
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make files/folders Password protected

Any idea how to make files/folders password protected... I dont want to change the permissions of the files/folders... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: know d unknown
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzipping files <password protected>

Hie Friends, I need your help once again. I have 77 “password protected” winzip files in linux/unix server. I want to decrypt it through an automated script. Password of every file is same and it is mhd*tt. Please help me. Usually I unzip it as follows, manually one by one. unzip <file name> ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unzipping multiple password-protected files

I am trying to unzip ~150 files on a SUN server in Unix via a telnet program (PuTTy), so I am restricted (I believe) to single-line command functions. All of the files are password protected, and each one contains three files. Is there a way to automate the process? I have tried 7z, but that only... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Davman
0 Replies

7. Linux

password hardening & FTP access

I am dealing with an FTP server and I have implemented password hardening on the server. The thing is that, it applies to SSH connection. I forcefully expired password of a user so that he can change password at next login. But the user logged in to the server through FTP and he wasn't asked to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: parth_buch
4 Replies

8. Programming

Script for creating a directory & move the .tif files in it.

Hi Team, I have thousands of TIF files which are converted from PDF. Below is a sample of it. LH9406_BLANCARAMOS_2012041812103210320001.tif LH9406_BLANCARAMOS_2012041812103210320002.tif LH9406_BLANCARAMOS_2012041812103210320003.tif LH9411_ANGENIAHUTCHINSON_2012041812102510250001.tif... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragnehete
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SSH - Password Protected Directory Issue

I dug myself a hole yesterday that I can't seem to get myself out of. In a very futile attempt to create a new FTP user with limited access via SSH, I inadvertently changed permissions for who knows what and now I am having a problem accessing password protected directories. When I enter the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HiddenColors
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make a password protected bash script resist/refuse “bash -x” when the password is given

I want to give my long scripts to customer. The customer must not be able to read the scripts even if he has the password. The following command locks and unlocks the script but the set +x is simply ignored. The code: read -p 'Script: ' S && C=$S.crypt H='eval "$((dd if=$0 bs=1 skip=//|gpg... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: frad
7 Replies
ftpservers(4)							   File Formats 						     ftpservers(4)

NAME
ftpservers - FTP Server virtual hosting configuration file SYNOPSIS
/etc/ftpd/ftpservers DESCRIPTION
The ftpservers file is used to configure complete virtual hosting. In contrast to limited virtual hosting, complete virtual hosting allows separate configuration files to be specified for each virtual host. The set of configuration files for each virtual host are placed in their own directory. The ftpservers file associates the address of each virtual host with the directory its configuration files are stored in. The virtual host configuration files must be named: ftpaccess Virtual host's access file ftpusers Restricts the accounts that can use the virtual host ftpgroups Virtual hosts enhanced group access file ftphosts Allow or deny usernames access to the virtual host ftpconversions Customize conversions available from the virtual host You do not need to put every file in each virtual host directory. If you want a virtual host to use the master copy of a file, then do not include it in the virtual host directory. If the file is not included, the master copy from the /etc/ftpd directory will be used. The file names must match exactly. If you misspell any of them or name them differently, the server will not find them, and the server will use the master copy instead. The ftpaddhost utility is an administrative tool to configure virtual hosts. See ftpaddhost(1M). File Format There are two fields to each entry in the ftpservers file: address directory-containing-configuration-files For example: 10.196.145.10 /etc/ftpd/virtual-ftpd/10.196.145.10 10.196.145.200 /etc/ftpd//virtual-ftpd/10.196.145.200 some.domain INTERNAL When an FTP client connects to the FTP Server, in.ftpd(1M) tries to match the IP address to which the FTP client connected with one found in the ftpservers file. The address can be an IPv4 or IPv6 address, or a hostname. If a match is found, The FTP server uses any configuration files found in the associated directory. If a match is not found, or an invalid directory path is encountered, the default paths to the configuration files are used. The use of INTERNAL in the example above fails the check for a specific directory, and the master configuration files will be used. Either the actual IP address or a specific hostname can be used to specify the virtual host. It is better to specify the actual IP of the virtual host, as it reduces the need for a domain lookup and eliminates DNS security related naming issues, for example: 10.196.145.20 /etc/ftpd/config/faqs.org/ ftp.some.domain /etc/ftpd/config/faqs.org/ Lines that begin with a # sign are treated as comment lines and are ignored. FILES
/etc/ftpd/ftpservers ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWftpr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftpaddhost(1M), in.ftpd(1M), ftpaccess(4), ftpconversions(4), ftpgroups(4), ftphosts(4), ftpusers(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 May 2003 ftpservers(4)