Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HP hardware specs
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers HP hardware specs Post 22389 by murmur on Monday 3rd of June 2002 03:32:09 AM
Old 06-03-2002
HP hardware specs

A customer gives me the following hardware specs
for a HP-UX server:

Model: 9000/839/K210
CPU Speed: 120 MHz
Physical Memory: 512 Mb.
Number of processors: 2

Can someone give me their comments on this server?
If you would translate this to an Intel machine what is the approx.
equivalent of hardware for a windows machine.

I just need to get a rough idea of how fast this HP server is.
Someone tells me the K210 is rather an old model.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is the command for listing the device specs in solaris

Im looking to get the statistics on a machine memory, cpu speed drive size etc thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: simplimarvelous
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Server Specs

I am a complete newbie to the realm of unix, linux, FreeBSD, etc etc so please bear with me. I just purchased a book on FreeBSD that comes with FreeBSD 4.4 on some CDs. My first goal is just to learn FreeBSD and become familiar with it. What I would like to eventually do is run a file server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BKR
1 Replies

3. Linux

hard drive specs?

Does anybody know what command will bring up my harddrive and how much room is left on it? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: byblyk
13 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

System Specs in OK Prompt

Hello to all! In the OK prompt, which command should I use to see RAM memory, CPU, and disks partition and capacity? I have in my hands an ancient Ultra5 machine, which Im trying to install Solaris, but don't know if the configuration is the original one. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pablo_BR
4 Replies

5. AIX

commands to get system specs

Hi, I want to find some information regarding system specs such as CPU speed, total disk space, total RAM, network topology eg. ethernet, patch number, OS patches, database. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DarReNz
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How do I view my hardware specs in my unix machine ?

I am trying to view the hardware specifications through ssh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kfir
4 Replies

7. AIX

server specs

what are the commands needed to determine the server specs. memory, space, cpu and others thanx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fsmadi
2 Replies

8. Solaris

How do I get basic server specs from terminal?

Hi there. Anyone know how to get CPU speed, RAM size etc (basic specs) from a SUN server running solaris, from the unix terminal? I'm sure there must be a command for this but ... I haven't been able to find it so far.. :o Cheers. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenny123m
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data into file with specific field specs

:confused: I have a tab delimited file that I need to extract data from and into a file with specific field specs. Each field has to be a certain amount of characters. So, the name field (from delimited file) might have only 15 characters but needs to be 25 (in new file) so I need to insert spaces... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: criddel
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris Specs

Hi, I have been requested for a complete hardware specs of Solaris 9 OS, and I need to do this for some 56 servers. I was wondering if someone has some script will which pull everything, or a list of commands which could provide me all the details. I would need CPU, memory, disk utilization... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: john_prince
7 Replies
aserver(1M)															       aserver(1M)

NAME
Aserver - start the audio server SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The command starts the HP-UX Audio server, which can run on a system with audio hardware. See Audio(5) for information about which systems have audio hardware. The option forces the starting of the Audio server; this option is only needed if the Aserver has problems starting. The Audio Server Before using any audio tools such as the the system or X station must be running two audio server processes, called On a Series 700, the Remote Procedure Call daemon must also be running. Normally, the Aserver processes and start automatically when the system is booted. If problems occur on an ENTRIA or ENVIZEX X station, see the X station owner's manual. On a Series 700 Audio hardware, first check if is running. Type the following: If it is running, you see a line similar to the following. If it is not running, see HP 9000/DCE documentation for information on restarting it. If is running, verify that the Aserver is running. Type: If the Aserver is running you will see lines similar to the following, which indicate the presence of the two Aserver processes: If it is not running, become root and restart it as follows: If it fails to start, reissue the command with the option: Using Audio over the Network From a workstation, you can also use the Audio Editor and Control Panel over the network. However, the remote system is where the actual playback and recording occur. The local workstation (or audio client) can be any Series 700 system. The remote system (or audio server) can be a Series 700 or an X sta- tion with audio hardware and must have the Aserver processes running. If the server is a workstation, it must also allow access from remote clients (see asecure(1M)) and must have running. To make the system an audio client, set the variable by modifying the file as follows: Korn and POSIX Shells: C Shell: For system_name, identify the workstation or X Station running the Aserver. If the variable is not set, the Audio Library attempts to use to the Aserver on the system defined by the variable. If neither nor is set, the Aserver on the local machine is used. DEPENDENCIES
The Audio Server must run on a system that has audio hardware. Note that HP-UX for the 8MB 705 System does not include audio software. AUTHOR
The Audio Server was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
audio(5), asecure(1M), attributes(1), convert(1), send_sound(1). aserver(1M)