Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: useradd
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers useradd Post 22166 by Kevin Pryke on Wednesday 29th of May 2002 06:57:02 AM
Old 05-29-2002
According to the manpage on my sco openserver 5, the limit is 8 characters.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

useradd

Hi. due to some needs i gave a user the premission to use useradd command with sudo. i want to know if there is a way to let him set the initial password, without giving him the premission to use passwd command as root (sudo). maybe a way to set a default password for all the new users that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dorilevy
2 Replies

2. Solaris

useradd

Hi, I need to add a new user who will only be able to access one single folder on my Solaris 9 system. Can this be achieved by using just useradd or do i need to fiddle with auth_attr table? TIA, Selma (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Selma
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

useradd

Gurus, I need to add a user to all the machines. I need a script to do this. I did one but it does not allow me to su to root within a ssh session i open. It exists saying su: Sorry. Please let me know how i can do it. I do not have the freedom of using sudo either. Regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: earlysame55
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

useradd?

Hi Experts, when using useradd command, what are the necessary options/arguments to be included? Please advice. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: etcpasswd
4 Replies

5. Solaris

useradd problem

O/S: Solaris 9 Architecture: SPARC The man page for useradd states, "The new login remains locked until the passwd(1) command is executed." This is a problem for me when accessing remotely via SSH and creating a new account from the console with useradd. As soon as I try to login into the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuxsun1
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with useradd script

Ok Im trying too make this shell script create users from my text file, I also want to type in a password for the new users. So thay can make a uniq one themself after first logon. #!/bin/sh # Sebastian schmidt clear echo "*************************************************************"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chipmunken
3 Replies

7. BSD

useradd in linux

hi.. i want to know when we add a new user by useradd command in linux "ram" in the system then bydefault " ram " name directory will create inside /home/ram . why..?? i want to know behind this logic . please help me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rinkugarg
1 Replies

8. Solaris

useradd

if useradd command is deleted in solaris how do we add user (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek_ng
3 Replies

9. Solaris

useradd

I want to creat a 27 logins in solaris.Can anyone tell me how to write a script for that so that i create at a time for all 27 people. Thanks to guide me. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkalyan
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Useradd with ansible

Hello, I need ansible playbook to create new user on remote server. Remote server blocked direct root login so I must login first application user and later I must run "useradd" command with sudo. I need playbook.yml and cli command. Best regards, (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
0 Replies
ldns(3) 						     Library Functions Manual							   ldns(3)

NAME
ldns_fget_token, ldns_fskipcs SYNOPSIS
#include <stdint.h> #include <stdbool.h> #include <ldns/ldns.h> ssize_t ldns_fget_token(FILE *f, char *token, const char *delim, size_t limit); void ldns_fskipcs(FILE *fp, const char *s); DESCRIPTION
ldns_fget_token() returns a token/char from the stream F. This function deals with ( and ) in the stream, and ignores them when encoun- tered *f: the file to read from *token: the read token is put here *delim: chars at which the parsing should stop *limit: how much to read. If 0 the builtin maximum is used Returns 0 on error of EOF of the stream F. Otherwise return the length of what is read ldns_fskipcs() skips all of the characters in the given string in the fp, moving the position to the first character that is not in *s. *fp: file to use *s: characters to skip Returns void AUTHOR
The ldns team at NLnet Labs. Which consists out of Jelte Jansen and Miek Gieben. REPORTING BUGS
Please report bugs to ldns-team@nlnetlabs.nl or in our bugzilla at http://www.nlnetlabs.nl/bugs/index.html COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2004 - 2006 NLnet Labs. Licensed under the BSD License. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
ldns_buffer. And perldoc Net::DNS, RFC1034, RFC1035, RFC4033, RFC4034 and RFC4035. REMARKS
This manpage was automaticly generated from the ldns source code by use of Doxygen and some perl. 30 May 2006 ldns(3)