Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Authentication token error?!?! Post 22129 by Kelam_Magnus on Tuesday 28th of May 2002 04:28:26 PM
Old 05-28-2002
That is quite a jump in OS versions.

I have seen problems with other versions of Unix, Amdahl, where they don't like importing another /etc/passwd file from an older version of the OS. We recently did an upgrade and had similar problems, but much worse than yours. Users weren't able to login.

My experience is that it is some internal error. We had to rebuild the passwd files on each of 8 or so servers.

Couple of questions. Did you use /etc/shadow before? How did you append? Simply by ftp or rcp and >> passwd?

here is something I found on HP's website www.itrc.hp.com

http://docs.hp.com/cgi-bin/fsearch/f...0020528-132922

You may have something different but similar to this. Hope it helps you out. Look at the return values down the page. You will see your exact error message.
Smilie

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

crond: Authentication token is no longer valid; new one required.

Hi can any one please help me with this there are some cron jobs running on one of production servers i noticed the jobs are not running for long time, when i checked the logs i founf this message, information form the server # chage -l root Minimum: 0 Maximum: 99999... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robo
2 Replies
glutButtonBoxFunc(3GLUT)					       GLUT						  glutButtonBoxFunc(3GLUT)

NAME
glutButtonBoxFunc - sets the dial & button box button callback for the current window. SYNTAX
void glutButtonBoxFunc(void (*func)(int button, int state)); ARGUMENTS
func The new button box callback function. DESCRIPTION
glutButtonBoxFunc sets the dial & button box button callback for the current window. The dial & button box button callback for a window is called when the window has dial & button box input focus (normally, when the mouse is in the window) and the user generates dial & button box button presses. The button parameter will be the button number (starting at one). The number of available dial & button box buttons can be determined with glutDeviceGet(GLUT_NUM_BUTTON_BOX_BUTTONS). The state is either GLUT_UP or GLUT_DOWN indicating whether the callback was due to a release or press respectively. Registering a dial & button box button callback when a dial & button box device is not available is ineffectual and not an error. In this case, no dial & button box button callbacks will be generated. Passing NULL to glutButtonBoxFunc disables the generation of dial & button box button callbacks. When a new window is created, no dial & button box button callback is initially registered. SEE ALSO
glutDialsFunc, glutDeviceGet, glutSpaceballButtonFunc, glutTabletButtonFunc AUTHOR
Mark J. Kilgard (mjk@nvidia.com) GLUT
3.7 glutButtonBoxFunc(3GLUT)