Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: RES column in top command
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers RES column in top command Post 22107 by Perderabo on Tuesday 28th of May 2002 10:43:36 AM
Old 05-28-2002
vmstat -s is pretty useless even if you reboot your system regularly. How long has your system been up????

At some point, you were in a severe memory crunch, but there is no way to tell when that happened. In your case, it coulda been months ago.

To see if you have a memory problem now, do something like "vmstat 1 5" and then ignore the first line.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

top command

hi guys, i am having a dual cpu xeon machine. i came to know that i can view the performance by giving top command. but top command shows only the usage of one cpu in percentage while the process are using more than 100% usage in the list . can i know separately the usage of cpus. can you... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bijuhpd
5 Replies

2. SCO

HP-UX top command

Is there a command in SCO Unix that does the same as the top command in HPUX. The command displays the jobs using the most system resources. Thanks You (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: joestrosser
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Top command

Hey, Using one single line of command i am trying to show the CPU usage for 4 processors and then filter it out and write it to a text file. Everything seams ok except that i am not able to switch from having the top command show me all CPU processes seperate opposed to showing me the average of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Georgesaa
8 Replies

4. AIX

Top command in AIX 4.2 (no topas, no nmon, no top)?

Is there a 'top' command equivalent in AIX 4.2 ? I already checked and I do not see the following ones anywhere: top nmon topas (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

top's USER column width variation

hello, does anyone know how to expand the column width so it could contain full USER cell and not cut it in top ? Now it has eleven symbols but I can see only eight actualy I found only PID, PPID and %CPU columns variation possibilities in changelog (procps v.3.2.5). thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bugs_moran
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to find the Memory and CPU utilization using 'top' command

Hi all, I found like top command could be used to find the Memory and CPU utilization. But i want to know how to find the Memory and CPU utilization for a particular user using top command. Thanks in advance. Thanks, Ananthi.U (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananthi_ku
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

top 10 highest and lowest percentile from a column

Hi, I want to extract the the top 10 and lowest 10 percentile for a column of values. For example in column 2 for this file: JOE 1 JAY 5 JAM 6 JIL 8 JIB 4 JIH 3 JIG 2 JIT 7 JAM 9 MAR 10 The top 10 lowest will be: JOE 1 and the top 10 highest will be: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove top and bottom for each column

Dear All I was wondering if someone could help me in resolving an issue. I have a file like this: column1 column2 2 4 3 5 8 9 0 12 0 0 0 0 9 0 87 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 4 0 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: giuliangiuseppe
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Top command

Hi All, i am using the below command and once get the output and i need to keep the first batch only.in this case how to do this one. please help me on thistop -b -n 5 >top.txt Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmk
3 Replies
sla_lin_berr.f(3)						      LAPACK							 sla_lin_berr.f(3)

NAME
sla_lin_berr.f - SYNOPSIS
Functions/Subroutines subroutine sla_lin_berr (N, NZ, NRHS, RES, AYB, BERR) SLA_LIN_BERR computes a component-wise relative backward error. Function/Subroutine Documentation subroutine sla_lin_berr (integerN, integerNZ, integerNRHS, real, dimension( n, nrhs )RES, real, dimension( n, nrhs )AYB, real, dimension( nrhs )BERR) SLA_LIN_BERR computes a component-wise relative backward error. Purpose: SLA_LIN_BERR computes componentwise relative backward error from the formula max(i) ( abs(R(i)) / ( abs(op(A_s))*abs(Y) + abs(B_s) )(i) ) where abs(Z) is the componentwise absolute value of the matrix or vector Z. Parameters: N N is INTEGER The number of linear equations, i.e., the order of the matrix A. N >= 0. NZ NZ is INTEGER We add (NZ+1)*SLAMCH( 'Safe minimum' ) to R(i) in the numerator to guard against spuriously zero residuals. Default value is N. NRHS NRHS is INTEGER The number of right hand sides, i.e., the number of columns of the matrices AYB, RES, and BERR. NRHS >= 0. RES RES is REAL array, dimension (N,NRHS) The residual matrix, i.e., the matrix R in the relative backward error formula above. AYB AYB is REAL array, dimension (N, NRHS) The denominator in the relative backward error formula above, i.e., the matrix abs(op(A_s))*abs(Y) + abs(B_s). The matrices A, Y, and B are from iterative refinement (see sla_gerfsx_extended.f). BERR BERR is REAL array, dimension (NRHS) The componentwise relative backward error from the formula above. Author: Univ. of Tennessee Univ. of California Berkeley Univ. of Colorado Denver NAG Ltd. Date: September 2012 Definition at line 102 of file sla_lin_berr.f. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for LAPACK from the source code. Version 3.4.2 Tue Sep 25 2012 sla_lin_berr.f(3)