Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Authentication token error?!?! Post 22105 by solvman on Tuesday 28th of May 2002 10:27:11 AM
Old 05-28-2002
Authentication token error?!?!

Hi all,

I have upgraded my old RedHat 6.2 box to RedHat 7.3. I had couple hundreds of users on that box so i just migrated all the user account to a new box by transfering home directories, and appending to /etc/passwd /etc/shadow /etc/group. I have preserved all permittions. Everything works just fine. Users are able to log in. As soon as i try to change user password the following thing happens:

[root@localhost root]# passwd myuser
Changing password for user myuser.
passwd: Authentication token manipulation error
[root@localhost root]#

Any suggestions how i can fix it?

Thank you all in advace.

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

crond: Authentication token is no longer valid; new one required.

Hi can any one please help me with this there are some cron jobs running on one of production servers i noticed the jobs are not running for long time, when i checked the logs i founf this message, information form the server # chage -l root Minimum: 0 Maximum: 99999... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robo
2 Replies
GENBOX(1)						      General Commands Manual							 GENBOX(1)

NAME
genrbox - generate a RADIANCE description of a box SYNOPSIS
genrbox mat name xsiz ysiz zsiz [ -i ][ -r rad | -b bev ] DESCRIPTION
Genbox produces a RADIANCE scene description of a parallelepiped with one corner at the origin and the opposite corner at (xsiz, ysiz, zsiz). The sides of the box will be parallel to the three coordinate planes. The surfaces that make up the box will be modified by mat and their identifiers will begin with name. The -i option can be used to produce a box with inward directed surface normals. The -r option can be used to specify the radius for rounded edges. The -b option can be used to specify the indentation for beveled edges. EXAMPLE
To produce a rectangular box made of wood with beveled edges: genrbox wood box1 5 8 3 -b .5 > box1 AUTHOR
Greg Ward BUGS
Because spheres and cylinders are used to construct boxes with rounded edges, a transparent box of this type appears quite messy. SEE ALSO
genrev(1), gensurf(1), genworm(1), rpict(1), rvu(1), xform(1) RADIANCE
11/15/93 GENBOX(1)