Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: managing users
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers managing users Post 22 by SmartJuniorUnix on Wednesday 20th of September 2000 02:34:14 PM
Old 09-20-2000
MySQL cool

Alright I get it

Just for your futher reference, I am working with Solaris 2.6

I know this is simple admin stuff but I am scheduled to take a class on this stuff this fall

Thanks again

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Managing nodes???

Does anyone know something about this? I have no idea what it means and how to do it. but if anyone can give me and explanation and also point me to a website, i'd really appreciate it (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
5 Replies

2. Programming

error in managing linklist

I have used link list in my program to operate on set of values the operations that i am doing : add , delete from link list when i am deleting the intermidiate or last value it is not giving any error but when i am deleting the 1 st value then program hangs can anyone suggest me the reason (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhakti_2025
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Managing Users in a Global Environment

Hello, I am interested in your strategy for handling engineers Unix accounts when the engineers must log in to resources in a variety of locals in a global environment. The engineers home directory and normal environment is local to where the engineer is sitting. When they log in to a remote... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Randal
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Managing FileSystems on Solaris

Hello. I have got Solaris 10 8/07 on x86 installed successfully using CDs. While I had inserted 1st CD - I created 2 new filesystems also. But now after entering into Solaris - How do I manipulate sizes or created/delete filesystems by going to terminal? Thank you! (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
15 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Managing Geeks

Hi, I recently found this article in computerworld and I think it is very true - at least in my company ... what do you guys think - is the author right? Is it ignorant management that makes us IT people seem to be anti-social and weird? Please share your thoughts Kind regards zxmaus (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zxmaus
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Problems managing user

I installed Solaris 10 in an old Dell computer given to me. The filesystem is ZFS (Default). The problem is that after logging in as root (first login) I wanted to add a user : n2jkw. I added the user at /export/home/n2jkw BTW, /export/home is where the 150G extra Hard Drive is mounted to.... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: n2jkw
20 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

expr help - managing strings

Hi guys, I need to use regular expressions in linux and I'm not quite experience in that field, maybe someone could give me some help with it. Basically, I need to take a text like this. A234321=http://www.google..... a normal URL But, I need to take the string starting at... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocramas
0 Replies

8. Programming

Managing and using PTSes

Hello. I need to simulate a few serial links (doing a simulation of an application for a robot) and found socat which, at least with minicom, is working flawlessly. I would really like to make pts static: ie same numbers between reboots, and automatic (not me opening terminals and leaving... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: erupter
2 Replies
POE::Filter::Block(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   POE::Filter::Block(3pm)

NAME
POE::Filter::Block - translate data between streams and blocks SYNOPSIS
#!perl use warnings; use strict; use POE::Filter::Block; my $filter = POE::Filter::Block->new( BlockSize => 8 ); # Prints three lines: abcdefgh, ijklmnop, qrstuvwx. # Bytes "y" and "z" remain in the buffer and await completion of the # next 8-byte block. $filter->get_one_start([ "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz" ]); while(1) { my $block = $filter->get_one(); last unless @$block; print $block->[0], " "; } # Print one line: yz123456 $filter->get_one_start([ "123456" ]); while(1) { my $block = $filter->get_one(); last unless @$block; print $block->[0], " "; } DESCRIPTION
POE::Filter::Block translates data between serial streams and blocks. It can handle fixed-length and length-prepended blocks, and it may be extended to handle other block types. Fixed-length blocks are used when Block's constructor is called with a BlockSize value. Otherwise the Block filter uses length-prepended blocks. Users who specify block sizes less than one deserve what they get. In variable-length mode, a LengthCodec parameter may be specified. The LengthCodec value should be a reference to a list of two functions: the length encoder, and the length decoder: LengthCodec => [ &encoder, &decoder ] The encoder takes a reference to a buffer and prepends the buffer's length to it. The default encoder prepends the ASCII representation of the buffer's length and a chr(0) byte to separate the length from the actual data: sub _default_encoder { my $stuff = shift; substr($$stuff, 0, 0) = length($$stuff) . ""; return; } The corresponding decoder returns the block length after removing it and the separator from the buffer. It returns nothing if no length can be determined. sub _default_decoder { my $stuff = shift; unless ($$stuff =~ s/^(d+)//s) { warn length($1), " strange bytes removed from stream" if $$stuff =~ s/^(D+)//s; return; } return $1; } This filter holds onto incomplete blocks until they are completed. PUBLIC FILTER METHODS
POE::Filter::Block has no additional public methods. SEE ALSO
Please see POE::Filter for documentation regarding the base interface. The SEE ALSO section in POE contains a table of contents covering the entire POE distribution. BUGS
The put() method doesn't verify block sizes. AUTHORS &; COPYRIGHTS The Block filter was contributed by Dieter Pearcey, with changes by Rocco Caputo. Please see POE for more information about authors and contributors. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-15 POE::Filter::Block(3pm)