Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: managing users
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers managing users Post 22 by SmartJuniorUnix on Wednesday 20th of September 2000 02:34:14 PM
Old 09-20-2000
MySQL cool

Alright I get it

Just for your futher reference, I am working with Solaris 2.6

I know this is simple admin stuff but I am scheduled to take a class on this stuff this fall

Thanks again

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Managing nodes???

Does anyone know something about this? I have no idea what it means and how to do it. but if anyone can give me and explanation and also point me to a website, i'd really appreciate it (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
5 Replies

2. Programming

error in managing linklist

I have used link list in my program to operate on set of values the operations that i am doing : add , delete from link list when i am deleting the intermidiate or last value it is not giving any error but when i am deleting the 1 st value then program hangs can anyone suggest me the reason (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhakti_2025
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Managing Users in a Global Environment

Hello, I am interested in your strategy for handling engineers Unix accounts when the engineers must log in to resources in a variety of locals in a global environment. The engineers home directory and normal environment is local to where the engineer is sitting. When they log in to a remote... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Randal
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Managing FileSystems on Solaris

Hello. I have got Solaris 10 8/07 on x86 installed successfully using CDs. While I had inserted 1st CD - I created 2 new filesystems also. But now after entering into Solaris - How do I manipulate sizes or created/delete filesystems by going to terminal? Thank you! (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
15 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Managing Geeks

Hi, I recently found this article in computerworld and I think it is very true - at least in my company ... what do you guys think - is the author right? Is it ignorant management that makes us IT people seem to be anti-social and weird? Please share your thoughts Kind regards zxmaus (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zxmaus
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Problems managing user

I installed Solaris 10 in an old Dell computer given to me. The filesystem is ZFS (Default). The problem is that after logging in as root (first login) I wanted to add a user : n2jkw. I added the user at /export/home/n2jkw BTW, /export/home is where the 150G extra Hard Drive is mounted to.... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: n2jkw
20 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

expr help - managing strings

Hi guys, I need to use regular expressions in linux and I'm not quite experience in that field, maybe someone could give me some help with it. Basically, I need to take a text like this. A234321=http://www.google..... a normal URL But, I need to take the string starting at... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocramas
0 Replies

8. Programming

Managing and using PTSes

Hello. I need to simulate a few serial links (doing a simulation of an application for a robot) and found socat which, at least with minicom, is working flawlessly. I would really like to make pts static: ie same numbers between reboots, and automatic (not me opening terminals and leaving... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: erupter
2 Replies
Pod::Simple::Debug(3pm) 				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				   Pod::Simple::Debug(3pm)

NAME
Pod::Simple::Debug -- put Pod::Simple into trace/debug mode SYNOPSIS
use Pod::Simple::Debug(5); # or some integer Or: my $debuglevel; use Pod::Simple::Debug ($debuglevel, 0); ...some stuff that uses Pod::Simple to do stuff, but which you don't want debug output from... $debug_level = 4; ...some stuff that uses Pod::Simple to do stuff, but which you DO want debug output from... $debug_level = 0; DESCRIPTION
This is an internal module for controlling the debug level (a.k.a. trace level) of Pod::Simple. This is of interest only to Pod::Simple developers. CAVEATS
Note that you should load this module before loading Pod::Simple (or any Pod::Simple-based class). If you try loading Pod::Simple::Debug after &Pod::Simple::DEBUG is already defined, Pod::Simple::Debug will throw a fatal error to the effect that "it's s too late to call Pod::Simple::Debug". Note that the "use Pod::Simple::Debug ($x, somenum)" mode will make Pod::Simple (et al) run rather slower, since &Pod::Simple::DEBUG won't be a constant sub anymore, and so Pod::Simple (et al) won't compile with constant-folding. GUTS
Doing this: use Pod::Simple::Debug(5); # or some integer is basically equivalent to: BEGIN { sub Pod::Simple::DEBUG () {5} } # or some integer use Pod::Simple (); And this: use Pod::Simple::Debug ($debug_level,0); # or some integer is basically equivalent to this: my $debug_level; BEGIN { $debug_level = 0 } BEGIN { sub Pod::Simple::DEBUG () { $debug_level } use Pod::Simple (); SEE ALSO
Pod::Simple The article "Constants in Perl", in The Perl Journal issue 21. See <http://interglacial.com/tpj/21/> SUPPORT
Questions or discussion about POD and Pod::Simple should be sent to the pod-people@perl.org mail list. Send an empty email to pod-people-subscribe@perl.org to subscribe. This module is managed in an open GitHub repository, http://github.com/theory/pod-simple/ <http://github.com/theory/pod-simple/>. Feel free to fork and contribute, or to clone git://github.com/theory/pod-simple.git <git://github.com/theory/pod-simple.git> and send patches! Patches against Pod::Simple are welcome. Please send bug reports to <bug-pod-simple@rt.cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT AND DISCLAIMERS
Copyright (c) 2002 Sean M. Burke. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. AUTHOR
Pod::Simple was created by Sean M. Burke <sburke@cpan.org>. But don't bother him, he's retired. Pod::Simple is maintained by: o Allison Randal "allison@perl.org" o Hans Dieter Pearcey "hdp@cpan.org" o David E. Wheeler "dwheeler@cpan.org" perl v5.16.2 2012-10-25 Pod::Simple::Debug(3pm)