Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: managing users
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers managing users Post 22 by SmartJuniorUnix on Wednesday 20th of September 2000 02:34:14 PM
Old 09-20-2000
MySQL cool

Alright I get it

Just for your futher reference, I am working with Solaris 2.6

I know this is simple admin stuff but I am scheduled to take a class on this stuff this fall

Thanks again

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Managing nodes???

Does anyone know something about this? I have no idea what it means and how to do it. but if anyone can give me and explanation and also point me to a website, i'd really appreciate it (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
5 Replies

2. Programming

error in managing linklist

I have used link list in my program to operate on set of values the operations that i am doing : add , delete from link list when i am deleting the intermidiate or last value it is not giving any error but when i am deleting the 1 st value then program hangs can anyone suggest me the reason (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhakti_2025
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Managing Users in a Global Environment

Hello, I am interested in your strategy for handling engineers Unix accounts when the engineers must log in to resources in a variety of locals in a global environment. The engineers home directory and normal environment is local to where the engineer is sitting. When they log in to a remote... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Randal
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Managing FileSystems on Solaris

Hello. I have got Solaris 10 8/07 on x86 installed successfully using CDs. While I had inserted 1st CD - I created 2 new filesystems also. But now after entering into Solaris - How do I manipulate sizes or created/delete filesystems by going to terminal? Thank you! (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
15 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Managing Geeks

Hi, I recently found this article in computerworld and I think it is very true - at least in my company ... what do you guys think - is the author right? Is it ignorant management that makes us IT people seem to be anti-social and weird? Please share your thoughts Kind regards zxmaus (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zxmaus
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Problems managing user

I installed Solaris 10 in an old Dell computer given to me. The filesystem is ZFS (Default). The problem is that after logging in as root (first login) I wanted to add a user : n2jkw. I added the user at /export/home/n2jkw BTW, /export/home is where the 150G extra Hard Drive is mounted to.... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: n2jkw
20 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

expr help - managing strings

Hi guys, I need to use regular expressions in linux and I'm not quite experience in that field, maybe someone could give me some help with it. Basically, I need to take a text like this. A234321=http://www.google..... a normal URL But, I need to take the string starting at... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocramas
0 Replies

8. Programming

Managing and using PTSes

Hello. I need to simulate a few serial links (doing a simulation of an application for a robot) and found socat which, at least with minicom, is working flawlessly. I would really like to make pts static: ie same numbers between reboots, and automatic (not me opening terminals and leaving... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: erupter
2 Replies
Class::Data::Inheritable(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Class::Data::Inheritable(3pm)

NAME
Class::Data::Inheritable - Inheritable, overridable class data SYNOPSIS
package Stuff; use base qw(Class::Data::Inheritable); # Set up DataFile as inheritable class data. Stuff->mk_classdata('DataFile'); # Declare the location of the data file for this class. Stuff->DataFile('/etc/stuff/data'); # Or, all in one shot: Stuff->mk_classdata(DataFile => '/etc/stuff/data'); DESCRIPTION
Class::Data::Inheritable is for creating accessor/mutators to class data. That is, if you want to store something about your class as a whole (instead of about a single object). This data is then inherited by your subclasses and can be overriden. For example: Pere::Ubu->mk_classdata('Suitcase'); will generate the method Suitcase() in the class Pere::Ubu. This new method can be used to get and set a piece of class data. Pere::Ubu->Suitcase('Red'); $suitcase = Pere::Ubu->Suitcase; The interesting part happens when a class inherits from Pere::Ubu: package Raygun; use base qw(Pere::Ubu); # Raygun's suitcase is Red. $suitcase = Raygun->Suitcase; Raygun inherits its Suitcase class data from Pere::Ubu. Inheritance of class data works analogous to method inheritance. As long as Raygun does not "override" its inherited class data (by using Suitcase() to set a new value) it will continue to use whatever is set in Pere::Ubu and inherit further changes: # Both Raygun's and Pere::Ubu's suitcases are now Blue Pere::Ubu->Suitcase('Blue'); However, should Raygun decide to set its own Suitcase() it has now "overridden" Pere::Ubu and is on its own, just like if it had overriden a method: # Raygun has an orange suitcase, Pere::Ubu's is still Blue. Raygun->Suitcase('Orange'); Now that Raygun has overridden Pere::Ubu futher changes by Pere::Ubu no longer effect Raygun. # Raygun still has an orange suitcase, but Pere::Ubu is using Samsonite. Pere::Ubu->Suitcase('Samsonite'); Methods mk_classdata Class->mk_classdata($data_accessor_name); Class->mk_classdata($data_accessor_name => $value); This is a class method used to declare new class data accessors. A new accessor will be created in the Class using the name from $data_accessor_name, and optionally initially setting it to the given value. To facilitate overriding, mk_classdata creates an alias to the accessor, _field_accessor(). So Suitcase() would have an alias _Suit- case_accessor() that does the exact same thing as Suitcase(). This is useful if you want to alter the behavior of a single accessor yet still get the benefits of inheritable class data. For example. sub Suitcase { my($self) = shift; warn "Fashion tragedy" if @_ and $_[0] eq 'Plaid'; $self->_Suitcase_accessor(@_); } AUTHOR
Original code by Damian Conway. Maintained by Michael G Schwern until September 2005. Now maintained by Tony Bowden. BUGS and QUERIES Please direct all correspondence regarding this module to: bug-Class-Data-Inheritable@rt.cpan.org COPYRIGHT and LICENSE Copyright (c) 2000-2005, Damian Conway and Michael G Schwern. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software. It may be used, redistributed and/or modified under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perltooc has a very elaborate discussion of class data in Perl. perl v5.8.8 2008-01-25 Class::Data::Inheritable(3pm)