Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Sorting filenames by order in another file Post 21940 by samudimu on Friday 24th of May 2002 12:03:12 PM
Old 05-24-2002
MySQL You Got it!

Thanx Kevin,
Howver even only part of your soln still works well!

grep -n $record file.order >> grepn.out

just replace "-n $record file.order " with "-f file.order"
NOTE grep with the -f option makes a wonderfull loop through a file.

MORE FIRE!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Order sorting

How do you sort text in order using sed? :confused: For example 01 B D A C to 01 ABCD (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: evoGage
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting a list of filenames but keeping the path information.

Hi All I've googled around for this and can't see a way of doing it. I have a file that contains a number of records that are layed out something like the following. /path/to/directory/that/contains/a/file/I/need/filename.pdf The path itself can vary both in terms of the names and the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashingaway
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple sorting with different order

Hi Guys, I have data like this HOS05 23/12/2008 10AM HOS06 15/12/2008 2PM HOS62 29/12/2008 10AM HOS64 23/12/2008 2PM HOS70 26/12/2008 10AM ZFT01 06/12/2008 10AM HOS73 11/12/2008 2PM MHOS0 05/12/2008 10AM MHOS0 20/12/2008 2PM MHOS0 27/12/2010 2PM MHOS0 11/12/2008 10AM MHOS0 30/12/2009... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ckarunprakash
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read filenames in sorted order

Hi , My requirement is to scan a directory for file names with LTR.PDF* and send those files via ftp to another server one by one. Now the the problem is file names are like LTR.PDF ,LTR.PDF1 ,LTR.PDF2.....LTR.PDF10..upto 99 and these needs to be sent in sorted order. is there a way to get... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nishantrk
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sorting of alphanumeric filenames..

Hi All, I want sort following files in ascending order. exp_installer_CC4160-file10.dmp exp_installer_CC4160-file11.dmp exp_installer_CC4160-file12.dmp exp_installer_CC4160-file13.dmp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gramakrishna
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sorting PID in decreasing order using ps?

I am trying to sort the output in decreasing order of the process ID while using the ps command. I am having trouble doing this using the --sort part of ps. Also I was wondering if anyone knows what the "S" stands for under the process's status code? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimputt
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sorting sequences in ascending order

Hi, I have this single file with a number of sequence inside it of format >string1 data >string100 data >string10 ..... >string5 ... >string67 ...... the dots represent data. I wanted to get the sequences arranged in ascending order like >string1 data >string5 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonia102
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sorting a file in descending order when you have 10e- values

Hi, I am trying to sort the following file in descending order of its fourth column. 2 1 363828 -2.423225e-03 3 1 363828 4.132763e-03 3 2 363828 8.150133e-03 4 1 363828 4.126890e-03 I use sort -k4,4g -r input.txt > output.txt ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting a html file with an external sort order

I am working on a web-concordance of Old Avestan and my concordance has produced a HTML file The sort deployed by the HTML file is not something which we normally use. I have tried my best to force a sort within the concordance itself, but the sort order does not work. I am giving below the sort... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Issues with sorting in reverse order

I have a unix script that outputs a summary file to the mac desktop. The file is called summary.txt I am trying to configure such so that the summary.txt file lists the content contained within such in reverse sort order. I have used sort -r but it does not seem to work. I would be... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Braveheart
8 Replies
Xapian::Enquire(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Xapian::Enquire(3pm)

NAME
Search::Xapian::Enquire - Make queries against a database DESCRIPTION
This class provides an interface to the information retrieval system for the purpose of searching. METHODS
new set_query takes either a ready made Search::Xapian::Query or a scalar containing a query, which in that case will be passed to Search::Xapian::Query's constructor, together with any other passed arguments. set_query_object <query> get_query matches <start> <size> [<check_at_least>] Takes the start element, and maximum number of elements (and optionally the minimum number of matches to check), and returns an array tied to Search::Xapian::MSet::Tied. get_matching_terms_begin Returns a Search::Xapian::TermIterator, pointing to the start of the stream. get_matching_terms_end Returns a Search::Xapian::TermIterator, pointing to the end of the stream. set_collapse_key <collapse_key> set_docid_order <order> Set the direction in which documents are ordered by document id in the returned MSet. This order only has an effect on documents which would otherwise have equal rank. For a weighted probabilistic match with no sort value, this means documents with equal weight. For a boolean match, with no sort value, this means all documents. And if a sort value is used, this means documents with equal sort value (and also equal weight if ordering on relevance after the sort). order can be ENQ_ASCENDING (the default, docids sort in ascending order), ENQ_DESCENDING (docds sort in descending order), or ENQ_DONT_CARE (docids sort in whatever order is most efficient for the backend.) Note: If you add documents in strict date order, then a boolean search - i.e. set_weighting_scheme(Search::Xapian::BoolWeight->new()) - with set_docid_order(ENQ_DESCENDING) is a very efficient way to perform "sort by date, newest first". set_cutoff <percent_cutoff> [<weight_cutoff>] set_sort_by_relevance Set the sorting to be by relevance only. This is the default. set_sort_by_value <sort_key> [<ascending>] Set the sorting to be by value only. sort_key - value number to reorder on. Sorting is with a string compare. If ascending is true (the default) higher is better; if ascending is false, lower is better. ascending - If true, document values which sort higher by string compare are better. If false, the sort order is reversed. (default true) set_sort_by_value_then_relevance <sort_key> [<ascending>] Set the sorting to be by value, then by relevance for documents with the same value. sort_key - value number to reorder on. Sorting is with a string compare. If ascending is true (the default) higher is better; if ascending is false, lower is better. ascending - If true, document values which sort higher by string compare are better. If false, the sort order is reversed. (default true) set_sort_by_relevance_then_value <sort_key> [<ascending>] Set the sorting to be by relevance then value. Note that with the default BM25 weighting scheme parameters, non-identical documents will rarely have the same weight, so this setting will give very similar results to set_sort_by_relevance(). It becomes more useful with particular BM25 parameter settings (e.g. BM25Weight(1,0,1,0,0)) or custom weighting schemes. sort_key - value number to reorder on. Sorting is with a string compare. If ascending is true (the default) higher is better; if ascending is false, lower is better. ascending - If true, document values which sort higher by string compare are better. If false, the sort order is reversed. (default true) set_sort_by_key <sorter> [<ascending>] Set the sorting to be by key only. sorter - the functor to use to build the key. ascending - If true, keys which sort higher by string compare are better. If false, the sort order is reversed. (default true) set_sort_by_key_then_relevance <sorter> [<ascending>] Set the sorting to be by key, then by relevance for documents with the same key. sorter - the functor to use to build the key. ascending - If true, keys which sort higher by string compare are better. If false, the sort order is reversed. (default true) set_sort_by_relevance_then_key <sorter> [<ascending>] Set the sorting to be by relevance then key. sorter - the functor to use to build the key. ascending - If true, keys which sort higher by string compare are better. If false, the sort order is reversed. (default true) get_mset Get match set. get_eset <maxitems> <rset> [<decider>] Get set of query expansion terms. get_description Return a description of this object. SEE ALSO
Search::Xapian::Query, Search::Xapian::Database perl v5.14.2 2012-05-09 Xapian::Enquire(3pm)