Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix terminal protocol
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix terminal protocol Post 21920 by de2934 on Friday 24th of May 2002 09:07:39 AM
Old 05-24-2002
Bug

Thank you for your help.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

UNIX and SNA protocol

Can anyone tell me how I can find out if a server has a SNA connection to a mainframe ? I need to find out at my work which servers use SNA by telnetting to that server and search for it, I just don't know what and where to look for... Any help appreciated ! Ron (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronw
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

connecting to unix through hyper terminal - as a dumb terminal

I just changed from windows NT to XP and I am no longer able to connect to my unix system. I used to use hyper terminal -- which acts as dumb terminal to my main frame unix system. I think one of the options used to be "direct to comX". This option isn't listed now. I use a serial port and the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: michelle
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

http protocol from UNIX

Is there any way to access http page from UNIX command line.... eg: http://www.abc.xyz (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bishweshwar
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

GPRS Tunnelling Protocol implementation under UNIX

I need to implement a program that sends CDRs (just some data) over GTP' (GTP Prime - one of the GPRS Tunnelling Protocols, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GPRS_Tunnelling_Protocol). Does anybody know where I can find GTP implementation? I'v tryed OpenGGSN (http://sourceforge.net/projects/ggsn/), but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hitori
4 Replies

5. SCO

How to stop A UDP protocol on Unix

Dear All, Kindly guide how to stop UDP protocol on Sco Unix release 5.0 Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sak900354
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

boot a unix terminal

I issued a halt command to a remote unix terminal and it shut down with root user through putty. Is there a way to start it back on? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mevoid
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get Unix terminal in windows

Hi, How to get unix look and feel in windows environment where i can execute basic commands like date and complex usage like awk, sed etc and not much storage space is needed. Is there any software that i can install to use the same? Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: i.srini89
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

What kind of transfer protocol we have in UNIX?

I was asked this question on the interview. I know ftp, sftp, scp, rcp. They said one more indi or indy Could you please let me know it? Thanks, Oleg (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
2 Replies
hostconfig(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    hostconfig(1M)

NAME
hostconfig - configure a system's host parameters SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/hostconfig -p protocol [-d] [ -h] [-n] [-v] [-i interface] [-f hostname] DESCRIPTION
The hostconfig program uses a network protocol to acquire a machine's host parameters and set these parameters on the system. The program selects which protocol to use based on the argument to the required -p flag. Different protocols may set different host param- eters. Currently, only one protocol (bootparams) is defined. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -d Enable debug output. -f hostname Run the protocol as if this machine were named hostname. -h Echo the received hostname to stdout, rather than setting hostname using the system name directly. -i interface Use only the named network interface to run the protocol. -n Run the network protocol, but do not set the acquired parameters into the system. -p protocol Run hostconfig using protocol. Currently, only one protocol (bootparams) is available. This option is required. Specifying the -p bootparams option uses the whoami call of the RPC bootparams protocol. This sets the system's hostname, domainname, and default IP router parameters. -v Enable verbose output. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Configuring Host Parameters with Verbose Output The following command configures a machine's host parameters using the whoami call of the RPC bootparams protocol with a verbose output. example# hostconfig -p bootparams -v Example 2: Displaying Host Parameters The following command displays the parameters that would be set using the whoami call of the RPC bootparams protocol. example# hostconfig -p bootparams -n -v Example 3: Configuring Host Parameters Less the System Name The following command configures a machine's host parameters, less the system name, using the whoami call of the RPC bootparams protocol. example# hostconfig='hostconfig -p bootparams -h' ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
hostname(1), domainname(1M), route(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 6 Nov 2000 hostconfig(1M)