Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: TCP Listening Ports
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers TCP Listening Ports Post 21859 by hugo_perez on Thursday 23rd of May 2002 05:23:38 PM
Old 05-23-2002
Do you have a /etc/services file?.

Regards. Hugo.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

TCP Ports

We are being setup with a client over their VPN to support them remotely. We are unable to access their VPN through our server, they said to look and make sure that the TCP ports are enabled for their security setup (ports are in the 4000 range). How do you look for this and how do you enable a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: blacksheep
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script Listening On A TCP Port

Hi, Im programming a perl script which will act as a daemon listening on a tcp port (2323) and will take (<stdin>) from the client (im going to use telnet) and run the arguments from (<stdin>) against an program already on the server, which is used to list books in the library at uni. So far... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emcb
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TCP/UDP Ports

Just starting to work with unix, wondering if there is any good on-line documentation explaining TCP/UDP ports, how to use them, etc... Thanks.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eugene_mayo
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

TCP/UDP Ports

Just wondering if anyone knows of any good on-line documentation on TCP/UDP Ports. Basically i want to know how to check if they are in use, learn how to close them, etc... Thanks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eugene_mayo
5 Replies

5. Programming

tcp server listening, client connecting problems

hello everyone. I tried searching for something related to this, but I figured it was time to ask my own question. I am experiencing these problems using Ubuntu 7.04 I am starting up a TCP listener/server and once connected, will act as a communication/control link with a program on another... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pjwhite
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Opening TCP ports

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this post, but I'd be grateful if somebody could please help me. I'm trying to open ports 999, 1982 and 1983 but am not having much luck. I used iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp --sport 999 -m state --state NEW,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT iptables -A INPUT -i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thehaapyappy
2 Replies

7. SCO

/dev/inet/tcp not listening in SCO 6.

While in SCO Openserver 5.0.7, Sybase listened to /dev/inet/tcp, the same is not working in SCO Openserver 6. The Network card is however active and pinging fine. What can be the reason? What is the way out? An early response will be appreciated. Thank you Regards TCG (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobolguy
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

No process ID for listening ports

How can I have ports that are listening without processes being associated with them? root@ldv002 # netstat -ltnup Active Internet connections (only servers) Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address State PID/Program name tcp 0 0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Padow
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Processes listening on Ports(Solaris)

Howdy Experts, This is my first post here and I am posting because I have not been able to find an answer for this question. How do you find out what process is listening on a given port? I do not have "lsof" available and how do we find this out without logging in as Root. I know that this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KingaKoopa
5 Replies

10. Ubuntu

PID of listening ports

I ran 'sudo netstat -ntpl' and got the following without PID tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:2049 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN - tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:38977 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN - tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:34253 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tt77
3 Replies
Net::Proxy::Connector::tcp(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Net::Proxy::Connector::tcp(3pm)

NAME
Net::Proxy::Connector::tcp - Net::Proxy connector for standard tcp proxies SYNOPSIS
# sample proxy using Net::Proxy::Connector::tcp use Net::Proxy; my $proxy = Net::Proxy->new( in => { type => tcp, port => '6789' }, out => { type => tcp, host => 'remotehost', port => '9876' }, ); $proxy->register(); Net::Proxy->mainloop(); DESCRIPTION
"Net::Proxy::Connector::tcp" is a connector for handling basic, standard TCP connections. CONNECTOR OPTIONS
The connector accept the following options: "in" o host The listening address. If not given, the default is "localhost". o port The listening port. "out" o host The remote host. o port The remote port. o timeout The socket timeout for connection ("out" only). AUTHOR
Philippe 'BooK' Bruhat, "<book@cpan.org>". COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 Philippe 'BooK' Bruhat, All Rights Reserved. LICENSE
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2009-10-18 Net::Proxy::Connector::tcp(3pm)