Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Register variables
Top Forums Programming Register variables Post 21834 by amatsaka on Thursday 23rd of May 2002 12:06:28 PM
Old 05-23-2002
Register variables

Hi
Is there any limit on the number of register variables can be used at any one time?
Does this limit depends on the number registers that the CPU holds?

In a large program is it wise to declare all the loop counter as register variables?

Thanx
Andonis Matsakas

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Can't register

I tried registering, but no matter what email address I provide, it says not a valid address and not the same in confirm. I tried many times, but no go. I thought I had already registered as Sully but even that didn't like my email address for password info. Of course, that could be someone else... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Not registered
2 Replies

2. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Not able to register

I tried my best to register myself on unix.com but i am not lucky, can you pls give me instruction. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kuldeep_Sngh333
1 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Cant register

Registration denied. Sorry, The UNIX and Linux Forums runs an active policy of not allowing spammers. Please contact us via by posting in this forum if you believe this is in error What's with this? Tried 2 email accounts in case your forum blocks either. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Diagonal
1 Replies

4. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Can not register

I need help from the scripting threads and want to register. I tried it several times, but I was all the time rejected, because of your spam policy. I do what you have written, but I wasn't still able to register. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ScAr
1 Replies

5. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

I can't register

Hello admin, I come from Vietnam, it's in blocked country list. Can you help me to register I want to register with following information: Username: bojankikrick Email: <removed> Thanks very much! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Unregistered
1 Replies

6. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Can't register

I am in China. China is in the blocked country list. I can't register. And I don't have a static ip. Can u help me to fix it. I want to register with following information: Username:liuchengzhang email:<removed> Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: liuchengzhang
1 Replies

7. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Cannot able to Register!

Hi Admin, I am unable to register . Request you to help me in getting my registration done. Name: Raghavendra Kulkarni Mail id : <removed> Thanking you in advance for your support. (1 Reply)
1 Replies

8. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Not able to register

Hi Admin, Currently, i am not able to register in this site. Kindly let me know what need to done. Thanks, ramesh (1 Reply)
1 Replies

9. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

I can not register

I want to register as "nezabudka", but I can't and I have a dynamic ip address. My country is not in the list of restrictions. I'm alive, I'm not a bot ))) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nezabudka
3 Replies
vlimit(3)						     Library Functions Manual							 vlimit(3)

Name
       vlimit - control maximum system resource consumption

Syntax
       #include <sys/vlimit.h>

vlimit(resource, value)

Description
       This facility has been superseded by

Limits  the  consumption by the current process and each process it creates to not individually exceed value on the specified resource.	If
       value is specified as -1, then the current limit is returned and the limit is unchanged.  The resources which  are  currently  controllable
       are:

LIM_NORAISE    Pseudo-limit; if set nonzero then the limits may not be raised.  Only the super-user may remove the noraise restriction.

LIM_CPU	      The maximum number of cpu-seconds to be used by each process.

LIM_FSIZE      The largest single file which can be created.

LIM_DATA       The maximum growth of the data+stack region via beyond the end of the program text.

LIM_STACK      The maximum size of the automatically-extended stack region.

LIM_CORE       the size of the largest core dump that will be created.

LIM_MAXRSS     a  soft  limit for the amount of physical memory (in bytes) to be given to the program.  If memory is tight, the system will
		      prefer to take memory from processes which are exceeding their declared LIM_MAXRSS.

Because this information is stored in the per-process information this system call must be executed directly by	the  shell  if	it  is	to
       affect all future processes created by the shell; limit is thus a built-in command to

The  system  refuses to extend the data or stack space when the limits would be exceeded in the normal way.  A break call fails if the data
       space limit is reached, or the process is killed when the stack limit is reached.  Since the stack cannot be extended, there is no  way	to
       send a signal.

A file I/O operation which would create a file which is too large will cause a signal SIGXFSZ to be generated, this normally terminates the
       process, but may be caught.  When the cpu time limit is exceeded, a signal SIGXCPU is sent to the offending process; to allow  it  time	to
       process the signal it is given 5 seconds grace by raising the cpu time limit.

Restrictions
       If LIM_NORAISE is set, then no grace should be given when the CPU time limit is exceeded.

See Also
       csh(1)

vlimit(3)