Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Changing Unix form to Microsoft Word form to be able to email it to someone. Post 21782 by Neo on Wednesday 22nd of May 2002 06:00:51 PM
Old 05-22-2002
I'm confused.... a "UNIX document" is simply an ASCII text file, right? MSWORD can easily import ASCII text files. I take files from UNIX systems and regularly read them into an MSWORD document, and then reformat if required.

Isn't this all the poster wants to do?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

form where can i get unix?

I want to get unix where can i get the full version? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yoni
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send email with attachment in form of excel in unix

Hi, I have a shell script which send email with an attachment in the form of an email. However, the when I open the attachment, all the data comes in one column. How do I format the data in the excel sheet while sending the email? Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bdebroy
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changing data into matrix form

Hi, I have a file whose structure is like this 7 7 1 2 3 4 5 1 3 4 8 6 1 4 5 6 0 2 6 8 3 8 2 5 7 8 0 5 7 9 4 1 3 8 0 2 2 3 5 6 8 basically first two row tell the number of rows and column but the data following them are not arranged in that format. now i want to create another... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g0600014
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Question form unix newbie

hi, just starting to learn about unix in school. got stuck on shell script chapter and need some help i completed task one but the other four is byond me. Task 1) Write a shell script/program called dow that takes no arguments and displays just the current day of the week in lower case (i.e.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wesleywu
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to grep the max length word form a file?

Hi i have a requirement that is extract the max length word from a file ? plz reply (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vankireddy
2 Replies

6. Web Development

Email Form

Hi everyone, I am glad to be part of this forum. My question is about setting up email on my website. I need to know how would I proceed in order to create a form so my visitors can register directly for email without me assigning them a password. In order words I need them to be able to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpotea9780
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

changing number in bash (number is in form of string)

I have a txt file as database. when i run my program what it does is it ask me for 3 name and stored in the file as name1:name2:name3:1 when u enter 3 name it add those in file as above format and add 1 at the end. I what i want is if i enter same names again it changes that 1 to 2 and so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Learnerabc
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transpose Data form Different form

HI Guys, I have data in File A.txt RL03 RL03_A_1 RL03_B_1 RL03_C_1 RL03 -119.8 -119.5 -119.5 RL07 RL07_A_1 RL07_B_1 RL07_C_1 RL07 -119.3 -119.5 -119.5 RL15 RL15_A_1 RL15_C_1 RL15 -120.5 -119.4 RL16... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove x lines form top and y lines form bottom using AWK?

How to remove x lines form top and y lines form bottom. This works, but like awk only cat file | head -n-y | awk 'NR>(x-1)' so remove last 3 lines and 5 firstcat file | head -n-3 | awk 'NR>4' (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
5 Replies
gedit(1)							   User Commands							  gedit(1)

NAME
gnome-text-editor, gedit - Limited functionality text editor for the GNOME desktop. SYNOPSIS
gnome-text-editor [--debug [-section]] [gnome-std-options] [--help] [--new-document] [--new-window] [--quit] [filename] gedit [--debug [-section]] [gnome-std-options] [--help] [--new-document] [--new-window] [--quit] [filename] DESCRIPTION
The gnome-text-editor application is a text editor for the GNOME desktop. The application is also called gedit. You can use gedit as a shorter command to start the application. The application enables you to edit multiple documents at the same time. Each document resides in a specific tabbed section of the application window. When you start the application from the command line, you can specify one or more filenames. When gedit starts, the application opens all files that you list on the command line. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --debug [-section] Run gedit in debug mode. In debug mode all the functions that are being called dump the function names to the con- sole. You can specify the following sections for debugging: o window o commands o document o file o plugins o prefs o print o search o undo o view o recent Run gedit --help for more information. gnome-std-options Standard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5) for more information. --help Print the command line options. --new-document Create a new top-level document or tabbed section in an existing instance of gedit. --new-window Create a new top-level window in an existing instance of gedit. --quit Quit an existing instance of gedit. EXTENDED DESCRIPTION
The gedit application accepts pipes, so you can specify a pipe after another command, to load the output of the command into gedit. For example: example% ls -l | gedit EXAMPLES
Example 1: To Edit an ASCII File Named document.txt example% gedit document.txt Example 2: To Add a New Tab That Contains an ASCII File Named book.txt example% gedit --new-document book.txt Example 3: To Add a New Top-Level Window That Contains an ASCII File Named testfile.txt example% gedit --new-window testfile.txt EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully. >0 An error occurred. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-text-editor The executable file for the gnome-text-editor application. /usr/bin/gedit A symbolic link to the gnome-text-editor executable file. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-text-editor | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | | | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gnome-std-options(5), libgtksourceview-1.0(3) Online Help gedit manual. NOTES
This man page was written by the following people: Paolo Maggi, Chema Celorio, James Willcox, Federico Mena Quintero. Updated by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003, 2004. SunOS 5.10 31 Aug 2004 gedit(1)