Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Changing Unix form to Microsoft Word form to be able to email it to someone. Post 21779 by Kelam_Magnus on Wednesday 22nd of May 2002 04:53:58 PM
Old 05-22-2002
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can save a file as *.txt in UNIX then mailx it to the MS system. Then open the file as Word and save it as a *.doc file.

That should do what you need. Of course you will have to format the font from courier to something more pleasing.

I reserve the right to be wrong. As always.Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

form where can i get unix?

I want to get unix where can i get the full version? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yoni
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send email with attachment in form of excel in unix

Hi, I have a shell script which send email with an attachment in the form of an email. However, the when I open the attachment, all the data comes in one column. How do I format the data in the excel sheet while sending the email? Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bdebroy
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changing data into matrix form

Hi, I have a file whose structure is like this 7 7 1 2 3 4 5 1 3 4 8 6 1 4 5 6 0 2 6 8 3 8 2 5 7 8 0 5 7 9 4 1 3 8 0 2 2 3 5 6 8 basically first two row tell the number of rows and column but the data following them are not arranged in that format. now i want to create another... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g0600014
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Question form unix newbie

hi, just starting to learn about unix in school. got stuck on shell script chapter and need some help i completed task one but the other four is byond me. Task 1) Write a shell script/program called dow that takes no arguments and displays just the current day of the week in lower case (i.e.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wesleywu
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to grep the max length word form a file?

Hi i have a requirement that is extract the max length word from a file ? plz reply (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vankireddy
2 Replies

6. Web Development

Email Form

Hi everyone, I am glad to be part of this forum. My question is about setting up email on my website. I need to know how would I proceed in order to create a form so my visitors can register directly for email without me assigning them a password. In order words I need them to be able to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpotea9780
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

changing number in bash (number is in form of string)

I have a txt file as database. when i run my program what it does is it ask me for 3 name and stored in the file as name1:name2:name3:1 when u enter 3 name it add those in file as above format and add 1 at the end. I what i want is if i enter same names again it changes that 1 to 2 and so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Learnerabc
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transpose Data form Different form

HI Guys, I have data in File A.txt RL03 RL03_A_1 RL03_B_1 RL03_C_1 RL03 -119.8 -119.5 -119.5 RL07 RL07_A_1 RL07_B_1 RL07_C_1 RL07 -119.3 -119.5 -119.5 RL15 RL15_A_1 RL15_C_1 RL15 -120.5 -119.4 RL16... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove x lines form top and y lines form bottom using AWK?

How to remove x lines form top and y lines form bottom. This works, but like awk only cat file | head -n-y | awk 'NR>(x-1)' so remove last 3 lines and 5 firstcat file | head -n-3 | awk 'NR>4' (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
5 Replies
HOCR(1) 							   User Commands							   HOCR(1)

NAME
hocr - Hebrew OCR utility DESCRIPTION
Usage: hocr [OPTION...] - Hebrew OCR utility Help Options: -?, --help Show help options --help-all Show all help options --help-file Show file options --help-image-proccesing Show image proccesing options --help-segmentation Show segmentation options --help-debug Show debug options File options -O, --images-out-path=PATH use PATH for output images -u, --data-out=FILE use FILE as output data file name -C, --save-copy save a compy of original image -b, --save-bw save proccesd bw image -B, --save-bw-exit save proccesd bw image and exit -l, --save-layout save layout image -L, --save-layout-exit save layout image and exit -f, --save-fonts save fonts -F, --save-fonts-exit save fonts images and exit Image proccesing options -T, --thresholding-type=NUM thresholding type, 0 normal, 1 none, 2 fine -t, --threshold=NUM use NUM as threshold value, 1..100 -a, --adaptive-threshold=NUM use NUM as adaptive threshold value, 1..100 -s, --scale=SCALE scale input image by SCALE 1..9, 0 auto -S, --no-auto-scale do not auto acale image -q, --rotate=DEG rotate image clockwise in deg. -Q, --no-auto-rotate do not auto rotate image Segmentation options -c, --colums setup=NUM colums setup: 1.. #colums, 0 auto, 255 free -x, --slicing=NUM use NUM as font slicing threshold, 1..250 -X, --slicing-width=NUM use NUM as font slicing width, 50..250 -w, --font-spacing=NUM font spacing: tight ..-1, 0, 1.. spaced Debug options -g, --draw-grid draw grid on output images -d, --debug print debuging information while running -D, --debug-extra print extra debuging information -y, --font-filter=NUM debug a font filter, use filter NUM -Y, --font-filter-list print a list of debug a font filters -j, --font-num-out print font numbers in output text Application Options: -i, --image-in=FILE use FILE as input image file name -o, --text-out=FILE use FILE as output text file name -h, --html-out output text in html format -N, --no-gtk do not use gtk for file input and output -z, --font=NUM use font NUM -n, --no-nikud do not recognize nikud -v, --version print version information and exit libhocr-0.10.5-i686-pc-linux-gnu-12022008 http://hocr.berlios.de Copyright (C) 2005-2008 Yaacov Zamir <kzamir@walla.co.il> This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>. SEE ALSO gocr(1), ocrad(1), unpaper(1) hocr - Hebrew OCR utility February 2008 HOCR(1)