Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Changing Unix form to Microsoft Word form to be able to email it to someone. Post 21779 by Kelam_Magnus on Wednesday 22nd of May 2002 04:53:58 PM
Old 05-22-2002
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can save a file as *.txt in UNIX then mailx it to the MS system. Then open the file as Word and save it as a *.doc file.

That should do what you need. Of course you will have to format the font from courier to something more pleasing.

I reserve the right to be wrong. As always.Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

form where can i get unix?

I want to get unix where can i get the full version? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yoni
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send email with attachment in form of excel in unix

Hi, I have a shell script which send email with an attachment in the form of an email. However, the when I open the attachment, all the data comes in one column. How do I format the data in the excel sheet while sending the email? Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bdebroy
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changing data into matrix form

Hi, I have a file whose structure is like this 7 7 1 2 3 4 5 1 3 4 8 6 1 4 5 6 0 2 6 8 3 8 2 5 7 8 0 5 7 9 4 1 3 8 0 2 2 3 5 6 8 basically first two row tell the number of rows and column but the data following them are not arranged in that format. now i want to create another... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g0600014
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Question form unix newbie

hi, just starting to learn about unix in school. got stuck on shell script chapter and need some help i completed task one but the other four is byond me. Task 1) Write a shell script/program called dow that takes no arguments and displays just the current day of the week in lower case (i.e.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wesleywu
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to grep the max length word form a file?

Hi i have a requirement that is extract the max length word from a file ? plz reply (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vankireddy
2 Replies

6. Web Development

Email Form

Hi everyone, I am glad to be part of this forum. My question is about setting up email on my website. I need to know how would I proceed in order to create a form so my visitors can register directly for email without me assigning them a password. In order words I need them to be able to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpotea9780
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

changing number in bash (number is in form of string)

I have a txt file as database. when i run my program what it does is it ask me for 3 name and stored in the file as name1:name2:name3:1 when u enter 3 name it add those in file as above format and add 1 at the end. I what i want is if i enter same names again it changes that 1 to 2 and so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Learnerabc
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transpose Data form Different form

HI Guys, I have data in File A.txt RL03 RL03_A_1 RL03_B_1 RL03_C_1 RL03 -119.8 -119.5 -119.5 RL07 RL07_A_1 RL07_B_1 RL07_C_1 RL07 -119.3 -119.5 -119.5 RL15 RL15_A_1 RL15_C_1 RL15 -120.5 -119.4 RL16... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove x lines form top and y lines form bottom using AWK?

How to remove x lines form top and y lines form bottom. This works, but like awk only cat file | head -n-y | awk 'NR>(x-1)' so remove last 3 lines and 5 firstcat file | head -n-3 | awk 'NR>4' (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
5 Replies
ELVPRSV(8)						      System Manager's Manual							ELVPRSV(8)

NAME
elvprsv - Preserve the the modified version of a file after a crash. SYNOPSIS
elvprsv ["-why elvis died"] /tmp/filename... elvprsv -R /tmp/filename... DESCRIPTION
elvprsv preserves your edited text after elvis dies. The text can be recovered later, via the elvprsv program. For UNIX-like systems, you should never need to run this program from the command line. It is run automatically when elvis is about to die, and it should be run (via /etc/rc) when the computer is booted. THAT'S ALL! For non-UNIX systems such as MS-DOS, you can either use elvprsv the same way as under UNIX systems (by running it from your AUTOEXEC.BAT file), or you can run it separately with the "-R" flag to recover the files in one step. If you're editing a file when elvis dies (due to a bug, system crash, power failure, etc.) then elvprsv will preserve the most recent ver- sion of your text. The preserved text is stored in a special directory; it does NOT overwrite your text file automatically. elvprsv will send mail to any user whose work it preserves, if your operating system normally supports mail. FILES
/tmp/elv* The temporary file that elvis was using when it died. /usr/preserve/p* The text that is preserved by elvprsv. /usr/preserve/Index A text file which lists the names of all preserved files, and the names of the /usr/preserve/p* files which contain their preserved text. BUGS
Due to the permissions on the /usr/preserve directory, on UNIX systems elvprsv must be run as superuser. This is accomplished by making the elvprsv executable be owned by "root" and turning on its "set user id" bit. If you're editing a nameless buffer when elvis dies, then elvprsv will pretend that the file was named "foo". AUTHOR
Steve Kirkendall kirkenda@cs.pdx.edu ELVPRSV(8)