Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: small unix!
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers small unix! Post 21733 by ThePreacher on Wednesday 22nd of May 2002 04:21:46 AM
Old 05-22-2002
Java

picoBSD is my choice for a single disk version. Check it out at http://people.freebsd.org/~picobsd/picobsd.html

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix on a small drive?

has any body put freebsd on a drive smaller than 80megs? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: silverraindog
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Small UNIX problem

I have a shell script that carries out an extraction process as follows: For a given input file dummy which looks like the following: a.txt a 1 a 2 xnzbcnzbxcbzxncbmnzxbcmzx 546 456 45 5 6 56 a 3 b.txt b1 b2 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nbvcxzdz
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Small Help on SED

Hi All, I have come across a command echo "123 abc" | sed 's/*/& &/' output is 123 123 abc then i tried in different ways to get 123 abc abc as output. Can u please explain me the importance of & in the above command. Thank you - Chanakya (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chanakya.m
7 Replies

4. Programming

execution small C++ program in UNIX

Hi my friends I am beginner unix programmer I have written small c++ program in text editor and I have change it mode to 555 to make it executable file to use it in unix O.P. #include<iostream.h> main() { cout<<"Hello World"; } but some syntax erroe came for << can any one help... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bintaleb
5 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Need small help to write the code in unix

Hi all, I get data-files which has a particular identified on the 1st record( header ), based on which I've to load a constant for the 1st column of every row. How do I set in the control file using unix shell script. Appreciate if someone can give me some directions on this. Thanks in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lkeswar
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need small help

Hi, i have a client requirement to post the files into generic folder named as "source".file identification is to retrieve Publication code (Instance name) from the file name.So thereafter we move the files to different instances of specific folders for the same unix server.(means if the file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kirankumar
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need small help

Hi all, I have two files in my folder 1.index.jsp 2.maintenance.jsp Once hit the URL in IE,It will call the index.jsp file than application working fine. I want to some maintenance in my application, during the application maintenance than it will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lkeswar
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need help with small script

Hi I have the below file Name=abc Yr=2011 Mon=05 My script should be in such a way that whenever I run it then Month should increment by 1 and if the month is 12 then when I run the script then year should incremented by 1 and month Should become 01(I.e jan) Thanks for the help in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kishu
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a small help

Hi, sorry for inconvenience..wrong query posted. Thanks for your help. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kirankumar
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Small database that can be bundled with UNIX

Hi All, I am working on a file transfer tool between unix servers. for this i am looking for a small database which is free and compatible with all unix OS and can be bundled in a package with other scripts. Any suggestions (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jcpratap
8 Replies
putdgrp(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       putdgrp(1M)

NAME
putdgrp - edits device group table SYNOPSIS
putdgrp [-d] dgroup [device...] DESCRIPTION
putdgrp modifies the device group table. It performs two kinds of modification. It can modify the table by creating a new device group or removing a device group. It can also change group definitions by adding or removing a device from the group definition. When the command is invoked with only a dgroup specification, the command adds the specified group name to the device group table if it does not already exist. If the -d option is also used with only the dgroup specification, the command deletes the group from the table. When the command is invoked with both a dgroup and a device specification, it adds the given device name(s) to the group definition. When invoked with both arguments and the -d option, the command deletes the device name(s) from the group definition. When the command is invoked with both a dgroup and a device specification and the device group does not exist, it creates the group and adds the specified devices to that new group. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -d Delete the group or, if used with device, delete the device from a group definition. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: dgroup Specify a device group name. device Specify the pathname or alias of the device that is to be added to, or deleted from, the device group. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 Command syntax was incorrect, an invalid option was used, or an internal error occurred. 2 Device group table could not be opened for reading or a new device group table could not be created. 3 If executed with the -d option, indicates that an entry in the device group table for the device group dgroup does not exist and so cannot be deleted. Otherwise, indicates that the device group dgroup already exists and cannot be added. 4 If executed with the -d option, indicates that the device group dgroup does not have as members one or more of the specified devices. Otherwise, indicates that the device group dgroup already has one or more of the specified devices as members. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Adding a new device group. The following example adds a new device group: example# putdgrp floppies Example 2: Adding a device to a device group. The following example adds a device to a device group: example# putdgrp floppies diskette2 Example 3: Deleting a device group. The following example deletes a device group: example# putdgrp -d floppies Example 4: Deleting a device from a device group. The following example deletes a device from a device group: example# putdgrp -d floppies diskette2 FILES
/etc/dgroup.tab ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
listdgrp(1M), putdev(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 5 Jul 1990 putdgrp(1M)