Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Recovery on solaris 2.6
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Recovery on solaris 2.6 Post 21707 by thehoghunter on Tuesday 21st of May 2002 05:15:15 PM
Old 05-21-2002
Quote:
My questions are these;
1. Am i retreiving my files/save sets directly from the tapes or are there some stored volumes on the nsr server that i should be retreiving from?
2. and if i am retreiving from tape, where do i mount from? nwadmin on client or nwadmin on server?
3. Also, why am i having the problem i described above?
You would be retreiving from tape not from disk on the server.

Mount the tape on the server - it will do the rest.

You need the tape it asked for - tape.0.1. Networker could have put some of those 96 files on that tape.
thehoghunter

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

make recovery tape for solaris

Hello All I am need of amke recover tape for solaris.Could anybody tell me how do i create a make recovery tape for solaris.I am on sun-solaris 2.8 regards Hrishy (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiamin
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Sun Solaris Disaster Recovery Plan ...

Hi all, I'm new in this domain, and on this operating system, but in my job, i have to find a way to make a disaster recovery plan for our server (sun solaris) which has the oracle database. I don't have any standby servers to be used for data replication, i only want to use CD's to put on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam212
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 8 password recovery plz HELP!!!!!

Hello board, I'm new to Solaris Linux world, trying to learn on my onw, as I notice the windows is a big fraud.... OK let me get to my issue: I have a SOlaris 8 X86 that I don;t have a password and even the screen is disabled(assuming for the security reasons) I just see a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nexOne
8 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 8 using Flash Archive for Disaster Recovery

Hello everyone I am Kevin and new to this forum. I have encounter an issue I can't seem to resolve. I am currently using Solaris 8 02/04 on Sun V240 servers. I know how to create a flar image of the server and restore it using NFS (network server) or Local Tape (tape drive). What I need to do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kevin1166
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris recovery

Some thing happened to our solaris 10 ( sparc ) box and it is not coming up now. These are some of the console messages : I assume it is not able to find very basic system libraries so i need to tell it some how to find it under /lib:/usr/lib. I booted it from the CD but now i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajwinder
4 Replies

6. AIX

AIX DR Recovery

I will be going for a DR test next month and have few concerns regarding restoring user vg's System which will be restored is on P750 (AIX 6.1) and the DR hdwr is P570. I do have bootable mksysb of the system and also have savevg (with no data) using "savevg -r -f " for the user volume... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk8570
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

ldap recovery

Is there a way to recover the ldap server if it crashes (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nalcomis
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File recovery

Hi, Please let me know the way to recover the files deleted from home directory by 'rm*' command . Thanks in advance. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravigupta2u
10 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 11 recovery

Hi, I need to recover the Solaris 11 OS, and it backup via Netbackup 7.6 file level backup only. Does anyone know what are steps to recover it? Thanks. :confused::confused::confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: freshmeat
3 Replies
RESTOR(1M)																RESTOR(1M)

NAME
restor - incremental file system restore SYNOPSIS
restor key [ argument ... ] DESCRIPTION
Restor is used to read magtapes dumped with the dump command. The key specifies what is to be done. Key is one of the characters rRxt optionally combined with f. f Use the first argument as the name of the tape instead of the default. r or R The tape is read and loaded into the file system specified in argument. This should not be done lightly (see below). If the key is R restor asks which tape of a multi volume set to start on. This allows restor to be interrupted and then restarted (an icheck -s must be done before restart). x Each file on the tape named by an argument is extracted. The file name has all `mount' prefixes removed; for example, /usr/bin/lpr is named /bin/lpr on the tape. The file extracted is placed in a file with a numeric name supplied by restor (actually the inode number). In order to keep the amount of tape read to a minimum, the following procedure is recommended: Mount volume 1 of the set of dump tapes. Type the restor command. Restor will announce whether or not it found the files, give the number it will name the file, and rewind the tape. It then asks you to `mount the desired tape volume'. Type the number of the volume you choose. On a multivolume dump the recom- mended procedure is to mount the last through the first volume in that order. Restor checks to see if any of the files requested are on the mounted tape (or a later tape, thus the reverse order) and doesn't read through the tape if no files are. If you are working with a single volume dump or the number of files being restored is large, respond to the query with `1' and restor will read the tapes in sequential order. If you have a hierarchy to restore you can use dumpdir(1) to produce the list of names and a shell script to move the resulting files to their homes. t Print the date the tape was written and the date the filesystem was dumped from. The r option should only be used to restore a complete dump tape onto a clear file system or to restore an incremental dump tape onto this. Thus /etc/mkfs /dev/rp0 40600 restor r /dev/rp0 is a typical sequence to restore a complete dump. Another restor can be done to get an incremental dump in on top of this. A dump followed by a mkfs and a restor is used to change the size of a file system. FILES
default tape unit varies with installation rst* SEE ALSO
dump(1), mkfs(1), dumpdir(1) DIAGNOSTICS
There are various diagnostics involved with reading the tape and writing the disk. There are also diagnostics if the i-list or the free list of the file system is not large enough to hold the dump. If the dump extends over more than one tape, it may ask you to change tapes. Reply with a new-line when the next tape has been mounted. BUGS
There is redundant information on the tape that could be used in case of tape reading problems. Unfortunately, restor doesn't use it. RESTOR(1M)