Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Editing a CRON file
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Editing a CRON file Post 21649 by ladwig on Tuesday 21st of May 2002 02:04:18 AM
Old 05-21-2002
HI,
crontab -e is working fine if i do set the variable EDITOR=vi first.
ladwig

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Editing the end of the file without loading the entire file

hi! I am a newbee. I would really appreciate if you can answer the following question: I have a huge data file, 214MB with several coloumns. I need to delete the very last line of the file. Everything I know takes a lot of time to do it ( because I have to open the file in an editor or run a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Garuda
3 Replies

2. Solaris

editing cron

im running crontab -e as root, I keep getting, I set my editor to EDITOR=vi... # crontab -e 477 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with editing file

I have a file of 100000 records. This file is created by concatenation of two files. I want to edit this file from record number 80,000 till the end and add "|N" for each record . How can I acheive this. Please suggest (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

file editing

hi experts, please help me in writting the script.. i have two files file1 and file 2 i have to write a script which will take input parameters as file1 and file2 file1: ...... 1 2 3 4 file2: ..... 1 2 output (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: subhendu81
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Editing a cron file with crontab

I want to set up a file with crontab to run the cron deamon so I can use at to schedule jobs. I think the crontab file (or whatever you call it) has to be set up. Currently, I don't have a crontab file (I checked by typing sudo crontab -u myusername -l), and I don't know the syntax for creating... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ultrix
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron on Solaris not editing.

I am working on Solaris machine. I have to add a cron for some operation, nut in SSH terminal crontab -l shows all related crons, but crontab -e instead of opening vi editor shows some number. Could any body tell what can be issue? (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with file editing while keeping file format intact

Hi, I am having a file which is fix length and comma seperated. And I want to replace values for one column. I am reading file line by line in variable $LINE and then replacing the string. Problem is after changing value and writing new file temp5.txt, formating of original file is getting... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mruda
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

editing line in text file adding number to value in file

I have a text file that has data like: Data "12345#22" Fred ID 12345 Age 45 Wilma Dino Data "123#22" Tarzan ID 123 Age 33 Jane I need to figure out a way of adding 1,000,000 to the specific lines (always same format) in the file, so it becomes: Data "1012345#22" Fred ID... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: say170
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File editing help

Hello all, I'm new hear and a noob regarding file editing and awk, but I have a file that has one column and i want to add a new column, as the first column and it have the same data in the column. ex: file1 - 123456 654321 098765 567890 here is what i want my file to look like (tab... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: J_Had
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert vi editing to text editing

Dear Guru's I'm using Putty and want to edit a file. I know we generally use vi editor to do it. As I'm not good in using vi editor, I want to convert the vi into something like text pad. Is there any option in Putty to do the same ? Thanks for your response. Srini (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thummi9090
6 Replies
CRON-APT(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       CRON-APT(8)

NAME
cron-apt -- program to update the system using apt-get SYNOPSIS
cron-apt [configfile] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the cron-apt command. cron-apt is a program that uses the information in /etc/cron-apt/action.d/ as arguments to apt-get line by line in file order. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the Info files. --help Show summary of options. CONFIGURATION
Configuration can be done by editing /etc/cron-apt/config and by adding rules to /etc/cron-apt/action.d/ The variables that you can set in /etc/cron-apt/config is documented in the configuration example in /usr/share/doc/cron-apt/examples/config From version 0.5.0 the optional FILTERCTRLM attribute is deprecated. SEE ALSO
apt-get (1) aptitude (1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Ola Lundqvist ola@inguza.com for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). This manual is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. CRON-APT(8)