Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Inaddr_any
Special Forums IP Networking Inaddr_any Post 21604 by athresh on Monday 20th of May 2002 08:00:25 AM
Old 05-20-2002
Inaddr_any

HI All,

This is about the Basics of INADDR_ANY. When we bind to the server by placing the value of sin_addr.s_addr as INADDR_ANY, Does it binds to all the IP addresses( If that system is multi homed one)
with the specified port?.

i.e if the system is having IP1 , IP2 and IP3 addresses and when we bind as specified above, does the further Listen call listnes to all the IP Adressees IP1 , IP2 and IP3 with the specified port.

Thankx in Adavance
Athresh

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

INADDR_ANY opposite

Hello, is there some way to obtain system's IP adresses to bind socket to every of them separately instead od INADDR_ANY? OR If there is some way to get server's IP to which client has connected, for example: server_app - bind to listen on INADDR_ANY, gets connected client to 1.2.3.4,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: d4rkl0rd
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

UDP server socket inaddr_any - How to get the real IP

Hello ! I seem to have the same problem as in https://www.unix.com/ip-networking/91203-inaddr_any-opposite.html#post302262417 But I can't find a solution. I have a UDP server socket bound to 0.0.0.0. The server hosts the addresses IP1, IP2 and IP3. I get an incoming request to IP1. I use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: steinwej
1 Replies