Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Flow of Unix System
Special Forums Cybersecurity Flow of Unix System Post 21525 by spanglerbrod on Friday 17th of May 2002 01:19:31 PM
Old 05-17-2002
Flow of Unix System

Hello,

Is there a functional flow of the UNIX security system that I can view?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Flow Chart

Any One help how to draw the flow chart for C programe ? If any usefull link's. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sabari
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting a Windows system to a UNIX system

Hello I am looking for advise on how to convert a windows based computer system into a UNIX based operating system.. I would like to be able to learn UNIX better than I know it and work didn't allow me to work with UNIX much. Is there a book where I could learn how to accomplish that... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: baksg1995
6 Replies

3. Programming

buffer over flow detected

Hi, my program stops with a buffer overflow error, but i can't understand the problem. I have a file like: int array; //global variable void func(){ int i; for(i=0;i<n;i++)array=-1; ... } I had the error when i added the array initialization. the file is a part of a C project. What... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: littleboyblu
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Understanding Logic and Flow better

i am in an epic quagmire of horrid misunderstanding. its been a while since ive been in the scene, couldnt remember my login for the account i used to have here, so excuse the 1st post. i dont want it to seem like ima post n boogy. in any case here we go: just recently installed mandriva... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SirDonkeyPunch
6 Replies

5. Programming

i want trace the c program flow in unix

In windows there is separate environment for c language. and we can able to trace the program. but how can i trace c program flow in unix :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prakash.tau
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Flow Control in CSH

hi , I am new to scripting, i have a doubt can any one pls solve it for me the code is not working set users = (user1 user2 user3) echo The users are echo $users echo Enter the USER NAME set USER_NAME = $< set i = 1; for ( i = 1; i <= $#users; i++ ) if ( $USER_NAME == $users )... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Manju87
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix System Programmer Vs. Unix System Administrator

Hi friends, I hope you are all fine and doing well. First of all, let me say that I love Unix with passion. But I have one query in my mind that is bothering me. What should I do, Unix System Administration or Unix System Programmering. Could you please tell me the difference between the two. And... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Will this flow work

B() { } A() { calling a function B } for condition do calling a function A done Shall after executing function B, the control will return back to loop? Thanks in advance :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezee
2 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Port flow capture

I am trying to get an output using the command tcpdump -w /tmp/syn.pcap 'tcp & (tcp-syn) != 0' But I am getting the error: tcpdump: no suitable device found Is there an alternate command to achieve this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Migrating jobs from COBOL Mainframe system to UNIX system

In a nutshell requirement is to migrate the system from mainframe environment to UNIX environment (MF cobol would be used I guess). I have not much of idea in this field. I need to do some investigation on following points - - Ease of conversion - Known Data compatibility issue - Issue in... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tjsureboy4me
9 Replies
flow-merge(1)						      General Commands Manual						     flow-merge(1)

NAME
flow-merge -- Merge flow files. SYNOPSIS
flow-merge [-aghm] [-b big|little] [-C comment] [-d debug_level] [-o filename] [-z z_level] [file|directory ...] DESCRIPTION
The flow-merge utility processes files and/or directories of files in the flow-tools format. The resulting merged data set is written to the standard output or file specified by -o. If file is a single dash (`-') or absent, flow-merge will read from the standard input. Unlike flow-cat, flow-merge interleaves flow records preserving the relative chronological order. OPTIONS
-a Do not ignore filenames that begin with tmp. -b big|little Byte order of output. -C Comment Add a comment. -d debug_level Enable debugging. -g Sort file list by capture start time before processing. -h Display help. -m Disable the use of mmap(). -p Preload headers. Use to preserve meta information such as lost flows. -o file Write to file instead of the standard out. -z z_level Configure compression level to z_level. 0 is disabled (no compression), 9 is highest compression. file|directory... Process the files and/or directory. EXAMPLES
Merge all flow files begining with ft-v05.2001-05.01, use flow-print to display the results. flow-merge ft-v05.2001-05-01.* | flow-print BUGS
None known. AUTHOR
Larry Lidz ellidz@eridu.uchicago.edu SEE ALSO
flow-tools(1) flow-merge(1)