Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Recovery on solaris 2.6
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Recovery on solaris 2.6 Post 21490 by thehoghunter on Thursday 16th of May 2002 08:03:27 PM
Old 05-16-2002
For Networker problems try their TechDialog

You can put your error message in and get help/suggestions.
You might try the "Remote address unknown : Remote system error - no route to host" as they give back some good suggestions - pick the first and then the TCP/IP Networking Troubleshooting Guide.

This is the link
thehoghunter

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

make recovery tape for solaris

Hello All I am need of amke recover tape for solaris.Could anybody tell me how do i create a make recovery tape for solaris.I am on sun-solaris 2.8 regards Hrishy (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiamin
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Sun Solaris Disaster Recovery Plan ...

Hi all, I'm new in this domain, and on this operating system, but in my job, i have to find a way to make a disaster recovery plan for our server (sun solaris) which has the oracle database. I don't have any standby servers to be used for data replication, i only want to use CD's to put on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam212
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 8 password recovery plz HELP!!!!!

Hello board, I'm new to Solaris Linux world, trying to learn on my onw, as I notice the windows is a big fraud.... OK let me get to my issue: I have a SOlaris 8 X86 that I don;t have a password and even the screen is disabled(assuming for the security reasons) I just see a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nexOne
8 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 8 using Flash Archive for Disaster Recovery

Hello everyone I am Kevin and new to this forum. I have encounter an issue I can't seem to resolve. I am currently using Solaris 8 02/04 on Sun V240 servers. I know how to create a flar image of the server and restore it using NFS (network server) or Local Tape (tape drive). What I need to do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kevin1166
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris recovery

Some thing happened to our solaris 10 ( sparc ) box and it is not coming up now. These are some of the console messages : I assume it is not able to find very basic system libraries so i need to tell it some how to find it under /lib:/usr/lib. I booted it from the CD but now i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajwinder
4 Replies

6. AIX

AIX DR Recovery

I will be going for a DR test next month and have few concerns regarding restoring user vg's System which will be restored is on P750 (AIX 6.1) and the DR hdwr is P570. I do have bootable mksysb of the system and also have savevg (with no data) using "savevg -r -f " for the user volume... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk8570
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

ldap recovery

Is there a way to recover the ldap server if it crashes (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nalcomis
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File recovery

Hi, Please let me know the way to recover the files deleted from home directory by 'rm*' command . Thanks in advance. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravigupta2u
10 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 11 recovery

Hi, I need to recover the Solaris 11 OS, and it backup via Netbackup 7.6 file level backup only. Does anyone know what are steps to recover it? Thanks. :confused::confused::confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: freshmeat
3 Replies
mkdevalloc(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    mkdevalloc(1M)

NAME
mkdevalloc - Make device_allocate entries SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/mkdevalloc DESCRIPTION
The mkdevalloc command writes to standard out a set of device_allocate(4) entries describing the system's frame buffer, audio and removable media devices. The mkdevalloc command is used by the init.d(4) scripts to create or update the /etc/security/device_allocate file. Entries are generated based on the device special files found in /dev. For the different categories of devices, the mkdevalloc command checks for the following files under /dev: audio /dev/audio, /dev/audioctl, /dev/sound/... tape /dev/rst*, /dev/nrst*, /dev/rmt/... floppy /dev/diskette, /dev/fd*, /dev/rdiskette, /dev/rfd* removable disk /dev/sr*, /dev/nsr*, /dev/dsk/c0t?d0s?, /dev/rdsk/c0t?d0s? frame buffer /dev/fb All entries set the device-minimum and device-maximum fields to the hex representations of ADMIN_LOW and ADMIN_HIGH, respectively. The device-authorization field is set to solaris.device.allocate, except for the framebuffer entry, where it is set to *. The device-name, device-type and device-clean fields are set to the following values: device-name device-type device-clean audio audio audio audio_clean_wrapper tape mag_tape_0,1,... st st_clean floppy floppy_0,1,... fd disk_clean removable disk cdrom_0,1,... sr disk_clean frame buffer framebuffer fb /bin/true ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Obsolete | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
allocate(1), bsmconv(1M), attributes(5) NOTES
mkdevalloc might not be supported in a future release of the Solaris operating system. SunOS 5.11 8 Oct 2003 mkdevalloc(1M)