Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: results survey
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators results survey Post 21486 by Neo on Thursday 16th of May 2002 07:00:13 PM
Old 05-16-2002
The results were this:

Creating email accounts that users could pay to maintain the diskspace, server, admin time, etc. might create the wrong impression that these are commerical forums. Since this is and has always been a non-commercial site for the public exchange of information, the idea was dropped on advise of attorneys that represent the non-commercial interests of the forums.

We have worked hard for 9 years to keep the site open so the world community can freely exchange information on generic unix issues. You cannot imagine how expense the legal fees are Smilie and how much time and effort is involved.

This site is for the world to enjoy.... and we are working hard to keep the site and forums OPEN and FREE.... but the battle rages everyday and continue to rage !!

Please wish us luck and keep your fingers crossed that justice, truth and fairness prevail !!!!

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Questions for User Survey

Hello, I'm a sysadmin in training and need to create/gather a survey from all the users about the servers that they use, problems, challenges etc. Main purpose of the survey is to identify areas & room for improvement on the existing UNIX environment. I have in mind these questions... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahzzbietel
8 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Please Help with ComputerWeekly Survey, Thanks!

If you have two or three minutes to spare, can you help with this ComputerWeekly survey? They are evaluating our site, asking a few questions like how often you visit the forums, what do you like the most, what can we improve, etc. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix high availability and scalability survey

we're in the process of reviewing of unix infrastructure main objective is to consolidate on the less versions possible key decision factors are scalability and high availability options given our multi-datacenter infrastructure, features like HP's continental cluster are top on our wish list... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: iacopet
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can ctag and cscope support recording search results and displaying the history results ?

Hello , When using vim, can ctag and cscope support recording search results and displaying the history results ? Once I jump to one tag, I can use :tnext to jump to next tag, but how can I display the preview search result? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 915086731
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

nmap scan for survey command

Hello guys, i'm having a problem with nmap, what i'd like to do is a scan to find around 100 or so IP address that are up, and that correspond to sites. The command i need should basically find sites through ip address randomly generated, let's say i generate 2000 ip, i'd like to know how many of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AscaL
0 Replies
aven(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   aven(1)

NAME
aven -- sophisticated cave viewer for Unix and MS Windows SYNOPSIS
aven [options] .3d file Description Aven displays processed cave surveys in a window and allows you to manipulate the view. Note that there is no perspective in the view. This means that it is impossible to tell which way round a cave is rotating, or whether you are viewing something from behind, or in front. So if you think the direction of rotation in wrong, or changes as you watch, this is just your brain being confused, not a bug! Mouse Control The best way to move the cave is with the mouse. We suggest you try each of these out after reading this section to get a feel for how they work. If you hold down the right button then the cave is dragged when you move the mouse. If you hold down the left button, then the cave is rotated if you move left or right, and zoomed if you move up and down. If you hold down <Ctrl> while dragging with the left mouse button, then the cave rotates and tilts at the same time instead. If your mouse has a middle button then holding it down and moving the mouse up and down tilts the cave. Moving the mouse left and right has no effect. And if you have a scrollwheel, this can be used to zoom in/out. By default the mouse moves the cave, but if you press <Ctrl-R>, then the mouse will move the viewpoint instead (i.e. everything will go in the opposite direction). Apparently this feels more natural to some people. Keyboard Control <P> and <L> select Plan and eLevation respectively. Changing between plan to elevation is animated to help you see where you are and how things relate. This animation is automatically disabled on slow machines to avoid user frustration. Comma <'>, and Slash </> tilt up and down respectively. Tilt goes 180 degrees from plan view to a view from directly below (upside down plan). <Space> toggles automatic rotation about a vertical axis on and off. The speed of rotation for this, and animated transitions between plan and elevation, is controlled by <Z> and <X>. Crosses and/or labels can be displayed at survey stations. <Ctrl-X> toggles crosses and <Ctrl-N> station names. <Ctrl-L> toggles the dis- play of survey legs. <Delete> is useful if you get lost - it resets the scale, position, and rotation speed, so that the cave returns to the centre of the screen. There are also keyboard controls to use instead of the mouse - <Shift> helps here as it accelerates all movements: <Z>, <X> : Faster/Slower Rotation <R>: Reverse direction of rotation <Enter>, <Space>: Start and stop auto-rotation <C>, <V>: Rotate cave one step clockwise/anti-clockwise <'> , </>: Higher/Lower Viewpoint <]> , <[>: Zoom in/Out <U>, <D>: Set view to Up/Down <N>, <S>, <E>, <W>: Set view to North, South, East, West <Delete>: Reset to default scale, rotation rate, etc <P>, <L>: Plan, Elevation <Cursor Left>, <Cursor Right>: Pan survey Left/Right (on screen) <Cursor Up>, <Cursor Down>: Pan survey Up/Down (on screen) <Ctrl-N>: Toggle display of station names <Ctrl-X>: Toggle display of crosses at stations <Ctrl-L>: Toggle display of survey legs <Ctrl-F>: Toggle display of surface legs <Ctrl-G>: Toggle display of grid <Ctrl-B>: Toggle display of bounding box <O>: Toggle display of non-overlapping/all names <Ctrl-R>: reverse sense of controls <Shift>: accelerates all movement keys A little experimentation should give a better understanding of how this works. There is an auto-resizing scale bar along the bottom of the screen which varies in length as you zoom in or out. In the lower right corner is a compass pointer showing which way is North, and a clino pointer showing the angle of tilt. And in the upper right is a colour key showing the correspondence between colour and depth (by default - you can also colour by date or by error). See Also 3dtopos(1), cad3d(1), cavern(1), diffpos(1), extend(1), sorterr(1), svxedit(1) aven(1)