Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Strange "Unable to load interpreter" message! Post 21282 by LivinFree on Tuesday 14th of May 2002 04:43:48 PM
Old 05-14-2002
As in it's displaying that on the console?
If it's on the console, it should also be in /var/log/messages

Did you change or move /bin/sh or bash?
Is it running from a startup script, cron, .bash_profile, etc?

The first thing to do is to find out what's causing it...

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

VMDB Failure" followed by "Unable to open snapshot file"

keep getting an error when I try to revert to a snapshot: "VMDB Failure" followed by "Unable to open snapshot file" Im using vmware server 1.0.4, host OS is windows xp and guest OS is SLES. Is there anything I can do to recover the snapshot or am I in trouble!?!?! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_linux
0 Replies

2. Infrastructure Monitoring

HPUX net-SNMP interpreter "/bin/perl" not found

I am trying to install net-snmp on an HPUX box. I am getting the fallowing error message when I try to run the snmpconf file. I installed the fallowing version of net-snmp net-snmp-5.0.10.2-HP-UX_B.11.11_9000_800.tar and my HPUX box is version HP-UX commnms B.11.11 U 9000/800... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krisarmstrong
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix "look" Command "File too large" Error Message

I am trying to find lines in a text file larger than 3 Gb that start with a given string. My command looks like this: $ look "string" "/home/patrick/filename.txt" However, this gives me the following message: "look: /home/patrick/filename.txt: File too large" So, I have two... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shishong
14 Replies

5. Solaris

"Load Average" vs "virtual processor"

Hi, I have one question regarding the understanding of “load average” in a platform with virtual processors. Suppose in this situation: Total number of physical processors: 1 Number of virtual processors: 32 Total number of cores: 4 Number of cores per physical... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MDING
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why awk print is strange when I set FS = " " instead of FS = "\t"?

Look at the following data file(cou.data) which has four fields separated by tab. Four fields are country name, land area, population, continent where it belongs. As for country name or continent name which has two words, two words are separated by space. (Data are not accurately... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chihuyu
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
FS_MESSAGES(1)						       AFS Command Reference						    FS_MESSAGES(1)

NAME
fs_messages - Sets whether the Cache Manager writes log messages SYNOPSIS
fs messages [-show (user|console|all|none)] [-help] fs me [-s (user|console|all|none)] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The fs messages command controls whether the Cache Manager displays status and warning messages on user screens, the client machine console, on both, or on neither. There are two types of Cache Manager messages: o User messages provide user-level status and warning information, and the Cache Manager directs them to user screens. o Console messages provide system-level status and warning information, and the Cache Manager directs them to the client machine's designated console. Disabling messaging completely is not recommended, because the messages provide useful status and warning information. OPTIONS
-show (user|console|all|none) Specifies the types of messages to display. Choose one of the following values: user Send user messages to user screens. console Send console messages to the console. all Send user messages to user screens and console messages to the console (the default if the -show argument is omitted). none Do not send any messages to user screens or the console. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. EXAMPLES
The following command instructs the Cache Manager to display both types of messages: % fs messages -show all PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must be logged in as the local superuser root. SEE ALSO
afsd(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 FS_MESSAGES(1)