Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Hosting Service Eating Space
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Hosting Service Eating Space Post 2121 by cindy on Saturday 21st of April 2001 07:28:41 PM
Old 04-21-2001
Thank you .... but I can't do that. I don't have access to anythign where I would type anything. I have to just upload or download. Nothing else. Any more ideas? The hosting company is being most uncooperative in this matter.

Some one suggested that these might be temporary files created from one of the web pages and that the server is not deleting them when they expire. Could this happen? I don't know how since I am using dreamweaver and letting it do the coding.... maybe that is the problem?

Thank you.
Cindy

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Eating memory

Hello I run Gentoo Linux on my computer: Athlon XP 1700+ ~1,46 mhz 512 mb ram After a while, my computer works really slow, and when I cat /proc/meminfo, I see that I only have 8mb of 512 mb free! How is that possible? I dont run anything I can think of that eats that amount of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maestin
4 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

What are you eating ?

Hi, guys ! I was wondering... how many of you are vegetarians ? and why ? (31 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sergiu-IT
31 Replies

3. Solaris

This application is eating up the CPU

Hi, I am not very much fmiliar with Solaris OS. My main concern for posting is One application is eating 50% of CPU and I cannot run that application, If I perform any action in that application it takes real long time. I have solaris installed on my development machine.I have my application... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandu345
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[bash] IF is eating my loops

Hi! Could someone explain me why the below code is printing the contents of IF block 5 times instead of 0? #!/bin/bash VAR1="something" VAR2="something" for((i=0;i<10;i++)) do if(($VAR1=~$VAR2)) then echo VAR1: $VAR1 echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: machinogodzilla
3 Replies

5. Web Development

hosting service that allow me to compile and install my own apache

Is there any cheap hosting service that allow me to compile and install my own apache and php ? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find a job which is writing a big file and eating up space?

how to find a job which is writing a big file and eating up space? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rush2andy
3 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Linux Hosting Service Recommendation

We've been using Linode for our virtual Linux hosting services for two years now and could not be more impressed. One of our Linode nodes is located in Cedar Knolls, New Jersey which was close to the path of Hurricane Sandy. The data center teams were on top of things from the beginning... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

MilesWeb.com shared hosting or unlimited hosting plans?

I want to host a website in India, after all my research I have found MilesWeb.com, I am planning to go for their shared plan http://www.milesweb.com/cpanel-hosting.php I have test their contact options and response time, they are really available 24/7. I have checked few other providers, they... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Guruguy
1 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Best Linux/UNIX-based website hosting service?

I'm currently on a shared server, with a fairly-well-known hosting provider, which has gotten progressively worse over the years, and it's time to switch to someone else. I know there are LOTS of providers out there whose infrastructure is Linux/UNIX based (actually, I'm not aware of any that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: markolinux
2 Replies
IFP(1)							      General Commands Manual							    IFP(1)

NAME
ifp - access iRiver iFP audio devices SYNOPSIS
ifp command [arguments ...] DESCRIPTION
ifp lets you manage your music on an iRiver iFP music player acting in "Manager Mode". If your player is using "UMS Mode", then you don't need this program; it will appear as new drive when you plug it in. This manual page documents the version of ifp included as an example application for the libifp library. The interface is intended to mimic the ifp binary found in the ifp-line binary package. ifp can upload or download files or directories, delete or make directories on the device, format the device, or upgrade your firmware. COMMANDS
ls [directory] List the files and directories on the device. The root directory is /. Directories are preceded with 'd' and other files with 'f'. df Display total and free space on the device. upload localfile remotefile Copy the file named localfile to the iFP device, and name it remotefile. (This is like cp.) upload localfile remotedir Copy the file named localfile to the iFP device, into remotedir. (This is like cp.) upload localdir remotedir Copy the entire directory localdir to the device, into remotedir. This copies into a subdirectory, so upload foo / puts files from the directory foo info /foo on the device. (This is like cp -R.) This uploads the entire directory, not just audio files. put localfile | localdir Upload the file or directory to the device, with the same name it has locally. If a directory is given, it is put in /. download remotefile localfile download remotefile localdir download remotedir localdir Like upload, but copies from the iFP device to your system. Some proprietary file types may not be downloaded. get remotefile | remotedir Like put, but copies files or directories from the device to your current working directory. rm [-r] file Delete (recursively) a file (or directory) on the device. rmdir dir Delete an empty directory on the device. mkdir dir Create a directory on the device. battery Display battery status of the device. typestring Display the model number of the device. firmversion Display the firmware revision currently on the device. format Reformat the device's memory. This will delete all your music. firmupdate FIRMWARE.HEX Upload the file FIRMWARE.HEX as new firmware for the device. This will not delete your music, but may have many other detrimental effects. Don't turn the device off or unplug it while the firmware is updating, and don't attempt to upload new firmware with a low battery. AUTHORS
libifp was written by Geoff Oakham, based on ifp by Yamashiro Jun. This manual page was written for Debian by Joe Wreschnig <piman@debian.org>, but may be used by others. May 30th, 2004 IFP(1)