Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Hosting Service Eating Space
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Hosting Service Eating Space Post 2119 by Neo on Saturday 21st of April 2001 07:15:25 PM
Old 04-21-2001
Hmmm. Suggest you enter the root directly of your hosting space and type:

Code:
du -sb *

... and look at the actual disk usage in your space. The <b> -s </b> flag will do a summary for each subdirectory; the <b> b </b> flag will summarize in bytes. You can try other flags for the <b> du </b> utility by looking at the manpage.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Eating memory

Hello I run Gentoo Linux on my computer: Athlon XP 1700+ ~1,46 mhz 512 mb ram After a while, my computer works really slow, and when I cat /proc/meminfo, I see that I only have 8mb of 512 mb free! How is that possible? I dont run anything I can think of that eats that amount of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maestin
4 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

What are you eating ?

Hi, guys ! I was wondering... how many of you are vegetarians ? and why ? (31 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sergiu-IT
31 Replies

3. Solaris

This application is eating up the CPU

Hi, I am not very much fmiliar with Solaris OS. My main concern for posting is One application is eating 50% of CPU and I cannot run that application, If I perform any action in that application it takes real long time. I have solaris installed on my development machine.I have my application... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandu345
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[bash] IF is eating my loops

Hi! Could someone explain me why the below code is printing the contents of IF block 5 times instead of 0? #!/bin/bash VAR1="something" VAR2="something" for((i=0;i<10;i++)) do if(($VAR1=~$VAR2)) then echo VAR1: $VAR1 echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: machinogodzilla
3 Replies

5. Web Development

hosting service that allow me to compile and install my own apache

Is there any cheap hosting service that allow me to compile and install my own apache and php ? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find a job which is writing a big file and eating up space?

how to find a job which is writing a big file and eating up space? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rush2andy
3 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Linux Hosting Service Recommendation

We've been using Linode for our virtual Linux hosting services for two years now and could not be more impressed. One of our Linode nodes is located in Cedar Knolls, New Jersey which was close to the path of Hurricane Sandy. The data center teams were on top of things from the beginning... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

MilesWeb.com shared hosting or unlimited hosting plans?

I want to host a website in India, after all my research I have found MilesWeb.com, I am planning to go for their shared plan http://www.milesweb.com/cpanel-hosting.php I have test their contact options and response time, they are really available 24/7. I have checked few other providers, they... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Guruguy
1 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Best Linux/UNIX-based website hosting service?

I'm currently on a shared server, with a fairly-well-known hosting provider, which has gotten progressively worse over the years, and it's time to switch to someone else. I know there are LOTS of providers out there whose infrastructure is Linux/UNIX based (actually, I'm not aware of any that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: markolinux
2 Replies
QUOTACHECK(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					     QUOTACHECK(8)

NAME
quotacheck -- filesystem quota consistency checker SYNOPSIS
quotacheck [-g] [-u] [-v] filesystem ... quotacheck [-g] [-u] [-v] -a DESCRIPTION
Quotacheck examines each filesystem, builds a table of current disk usage, and compares this table against that recorded in the disk quota file for the filesystem. If any inconsistencies are detected, both the quota file and the current system copy of the incorrect quotas are updated (the latter only occurs if an active filesystem is checked). By default both user and group quotas are checked. Available options: -a If the -a flag is supplied in place of any filesystem names, quotacheck will check all the read-write filesystems with an existing mount option file at its root. The mount option file specifies the types of quotas that are to be checked. -g Only group quotas are checked. The mount option file, .quota.ops.group, must exist at the root of the filesystem. -u Only user quotas are checked. The mount option file, .quota.ops.user, must exist at the root of the filesystem. -v quotacheck reports discrepancies between the calculated and recorded disk quotas. Specifying both -g and -u is equivalent to the default. Parallel passes are run on the filesystems required, in an identical fashion to fsck(8). Normally quotacheck operates silently. Quotacheck expects each filesystem being checked to have quota data files named .quota.user and/or .quota.group located at the filesystem root. If a binary data file is not present, quotacheck will create it. The default filename and root location cannot be overridden. Quotacheck is normally run at fsck time. Quotacheck accesses the raw device in calculating the actual disk usage for each user. Thus, the filesystems checked should be quiescent while quotacheck is running. FILES
Each of the following quota files is located at the root of the mounted filesystem. The mount option files are empty files whose existence indicates that quotas are to be enabled for that filesystem. The binary data files will be created by quotacheck, if they don't already exist. .quota.user data file containing user quotas .quota.group data file containing group quotas .quota.ops.user mount option file used to enable user quotas .quota.ops.group mount option file used to enable group quotas SEE ALSO
quota(1), quotactl(2), edquota(8), fsck(8), quotaon(8), repquota(8) HISTORY
The quotacheck command appeared in 4.2BSD. 4.2 Berkeley Distribution October 17, 2002 4.2 Berkeley Distribution