Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers DUAL BOOT redhat linux 7.3 - W2K Post 21155 by boris888 on Sunday 12th of May 2002 01:10:17 PM
Old 05-12-2002
linux comes with a boot manger, LILO. you can install over fat32, but not NTFS.
boris888

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Again Linux and Win2k dual boot

Hello, sorry to bug again....a friend of mine who works for a software company asked the network guy there .....I want to install Linux 7.2 on my windows 2000 box....Mr. Network said that I should have installed linux first then 2k.....does it really make a difference which operating system is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jonas27
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dual boot Redhat with Windows 2k or XP

I know this is a common question, but.... I am working on 2 seperate computers. Each machine has one hdd. I want to Install Redhat with Win2k on one machine, and Redhat with Xp on the other. I know there are some issues with the install sequence to get Grub to work with both, but I am a little... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeremiebarber
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

XP/Linux dual boot

Does anyone have any idea how I can manage an XP/Linux dual boot (I want to use debian), I can't find anything about it on the internet! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: XDC_Wolf
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

install linux from cd, for dual boot w/98

I am a new user w/Linux-Unix, i want to know were i have to start first, install linux first or win 98 first, i have a 30-gig harddrive on my home pc , do i have enough space to run linux and 98 w/dual booting (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: joe barone
10 Replies

5. IP Networking

XP -- Redhat Dual Boot

Hi guys! Need some help here.....trying to install Redhat 8.0 on a laptop that is already running WinXP. Have made a partition with partition magic but when I try to install Linux it just stops at the check partition/ check hard-drive stage. It has happened on two different laptops of different... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: syrex
1 Replies

6. Linux

Mount W2K share on Redhat Linux

How do I mount a Windows 2K share on Redhat Linux? I tried this: mount -t smbfs -o username=administrator,password=mypassword //machine/share But it just returns the help for the mount command:( (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spetnik
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

windows -linux dual boot............

I am trying to implement a dual boot on my laptop ... using a small xp partition and fedora core 269.1-fc2 i686 linux kernel.. so far I have had to log off and reboot to enter the other partition... but this is getting frustrating.. windows is on /dev/hda1 and 1-5 is on the linux partition. I have... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
8 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris/Linux Dual Boot

From googling around, I have found that dual booting isn't so hard... if you are installing both for the first time. However, I couldn't find anything on if I can preserve my Solaris 10 partition that is already installed. Any words of advice? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GeekMasterFlash
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Dual Boot Problem - Vista & Redhat -Incorrect BIOS geometry

Hi Folks, Initially I had vista and redhat 9 .. due to some reasons i had to re instal my vista again.. since then the dual boot menu disappeared.. i tried to re install redhat and changing the boot configuration of redhat 9 but i am not getting both the OS back .. I am not aboe to boot linux... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: subhotech
2 Replies

10. Linux

Dual Boot Linux Recommendation

Hi there, Let me make things simple........I want to dual boot Vista 32 bit with some version of Linux / Unix OS. Please recommend........Open SuSE 11, Fedora 9, Ubuntu etc etc 32 bit or 64 bit?? My desktop is Sony Vaio VGC-LS1. Lap top Dell XPS 1710. Hoping to hear your... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: billcrosby
2 Replies
Bootloader::Core::LILO(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Bootloader::Core::LILO(3)

NAME
Bootloader::Core::LILO - LILO library for bootloader configuration PREFACE
This package is the LILO library of the bootloader configuration SYNOPSIS
use Bootloader::Core::LILO; "$obj_ref = Bootloader::Core::LILO->new ();" "$files_ref = Bootloader::Core::LILO->ListFiles ();" "$status = Bootloader::Core::LILO->ParseLines (\%files, $avoid_reading_device_map);" "$files_ref = Bootloader::Core::LILO->CreateLines ();" "$status = Bootloader::Core::LILO->UpdateBootloader ($avoid_init);" "$status = Bootloader::Core::LILO->InitializeBootloader ();" DESCRIPTION
"$obj_ref = Bootloader::Core::LILO->new ();" Creates an instance of the Bootloader::Core::LILO class. "$files_ref = Bootloader::Core::LILO->ListFiles ();" Returns the list of the configuration files of the bootloader Returns undef on fail "$status = Bootloader::Core::LILO->ParseLines (\%files, $avoid_reading_device_map);" Parses the contents of all files and stores the settings in the internal structures. As first argument, it takes a hash reference, where keys are file names and values are references to lists, each member is one line of the file. As second argument, it takes a boolean flag that, if set to a true value, causes it to skip updating the internal device_map information. Returns undef on fail, defined nonzero value on success. "$files_ref = Bootloader::Core::LILO->CreateLines ();" creates contents of all files from the internal structures. Returns a hash reference in the same format as argument of ParseLines on success, or undef on fail. "$status = Bootloader::Core::LILO->UpdateBootloader ($avoid_init);" Updates the settings in the system. Backs original configuration files up and replaces them with the ones with the '.new' suffix. Also performs operations needed to make the change effect (run '/sbin/lilo'). Returns undef on fail, defined nonzero value on success. "$status = Bootloader::Core::LILO->InitializeBootloader ();" Initializes the firmware to boot the bootloader. Returns undef on fail, defined nonzero value otherwise perl v5.12.1 2009-08-03 Bootloader::Core::LILO(3)