Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Modem/Sound combo
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Modem/Sound combo Post 21109 by boris888 on Friday 10th of May 2002 02:32:20 PM
Old 05-10-2002
Modem/Sound combo

I just got yet another PI! yay! Smilie . one problem... the sound/modem card is not detected by the kernel or even by windows PnP! i dunno of any UNIX driverDB online, but if you could point me to one, it would be fantastic!
boris888

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modem - Test /dev/modem

Ok. I tried following the directions from some of the other threads, but I've hit a road block. I have red hat 7.3 and I installed the hcf package: hcfpcimodem-0.99lnxtbeta03042700k2.4.18_3-1rh.i386.rpm It installed ok, no errors, but I still can't get linux to find my modem. I've tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawadm1
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep, awk, nawk combo

I have 2 files: File1 "aa","server","001-9031234-001", File2 001-9031234-001|12345 Both files have many lines of text. Each line needs to be evaluated. I need to look at the value of the third field in File 1. Then look for that same value in File 2 and assign the value of Field 2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptr2be
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combo for text

Hello all, i need to extract a part from an API output. Imagine this is the output : "result": "result": i need to use only the "hello my name is Mike" in the second line, without " " how can i do that? Thanks in advance Kind Regards and congrats for the great forum. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Board27
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing CRLF combo but not CR or LF when alone

What is the command or script to remove CRLF but only when joined? Tried using below but removed all instances of either cat a.txt | tr -d "\r\n" > b.txt (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: qqp
14 Replies
SND_SBC(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						SND_SBC(4)

NAME
snd_sbc, snd_sb16, snd_sb8 -- Creative Sound Blaster ISA and compatible bridge device driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device sound device snd_sbc device snd_sb16 device snd_sb8 Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following lines in loader.conf(5): snd_sbc_load="YES" snd_sb16_load="YES" snd_sb8_load="YES" Non-PnP cards require the following lines in device.hints(5): hint.sbc.0.at="isa" hint.sbc.0.port="0x220" hint.sbc.0.irq="5" hint.sbc.0.drq="1" hint.sbc.0.flags="0x15" DESCRIPTION
The snd_sbc bridge driver allows the generic audio driver sound(4) to attach to Creative Sound Blaster ISA (mostly SB16 or SB8, known as SoundBlaster Pro) compatible audio cards. The value of flags specifies the secondary DMA channel. If the secondary DMA channel is C, set the flags to (C | 0x10). For a sound card without the secondary DMA channel, the flags should be set to zero. HARDWARE
The snd_sbc driver supports the following sound cards: o Avance Asound 110 o Avance Logic ALS100+ o Avance Logic ALS120 o Creative SB16 o Creative SB32 o Creative AWE64 o Creative AWE64 Gold o Creative ViBRA16C o Creative ViBRA16X o ESS ES1681 o ESS ES1688 o ESS ES1868 o ESS ES1869 o ESS ES1878 o ESS ES1879 o ESS ES1888 DIAGNOSTICS
sb_dspwr(XX) timed out. A command to the DSP has timed out. Check the I/O port configuration. bad irq XX (5/7/9/10 valid) The IRQ given to the driver is not valid. SEE ALSO
sound(4) HISTORY
The snd_sbc device driver first appeared in FreeBSD 4.0. AUTHORS
Seigo Tanimura <tanimura@r.dl.itc.u-tokyo.ac.jp> BSD
February 17, 2007 BSD