Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: extracting .rar files
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers extracting .rar files Post 21063 by sskb on Thursday 9th of May 2002 03:52:45 PM
Old 05-09-2002
extracting .rar files

Hi,
Can someone throw light on opening a .rar file?

thanks,
sskb
sskb

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i open rar files

Is there a way to open rar files on linux i would really appretiate if u would help :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abu_malek
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extract rar/zip files from pc DIRECTLY on xbox (FTP)

Hello I've an old xbox connected to Ubuntu 8.04 with an ethernet cable. I use gFTP to transfer files on xbox (through FTP). When I have to transfer a rar file, first of all I have to extract it on ubuntu, then on xbox. I would like to transfer rar files directly on xbox. Is it possible with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: paolobitta
4 Replies

3. Red Hat

How to open RAR files?

May be this is a newbie question but i want to know hoe to open the RAR file in linux? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashok.g
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for a string in .PDF files inside .RAR & .ZIP archives.

Hi, I have got a large number of .PDF files that are archived in .RAR & ZIP files in various directories and I would like to search for strings inside the PDF files. I would think you would need something that can recursively read directories, extract the .RAR/.ZIP file in memory, read the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lewk
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Extract .rar format files in Solaris

Hi All, Is there way to extract the .rar format files in Solaris Thanks, Mani Muthu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: k_manimuthu
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

Extract .rar format files in Red Hat

Hi All, Is there way to extract the .rar format files in red hat server. Thanks, Mani Muthu (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: k_manimuthu
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting/condensing text from multiple files to multiples files

Hi Everyone, I'm really new to all this so I'm really hoping someone can help. I have a directory with ~1000 lists from which I want to extract lines from and write to new files. For simplicity lets say they are shopping lists and I want to write out the lines corresponding to apples to a new... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: born2phase
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting specific files from multiple .tgz files

Hey, I have number of .tgz files and want to extract the file with the ending *results.txt from each one. I have tried for file in *.tgz; do tar --wildcards -zxf $file *results.txt; doneas well as list=$(ls *.tgz) for i in $list; do tar --wildcards -zxvf $i *.results.txt; done... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jfern
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get CRC check sum of files in java EAR file without extracting .jar/.war files to disk.?

unzip -v gives CRC info of each file in a zip(in my case .EAR) file. # unzip -v my-application.ear Archive: my-application.ear Length Method Size Cmpr Date Time CRC-32 Name -------- ------ ------- ---- ---------- ----- -------- ---- 197981 Defl:N 183708 7%... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Rar files

hi unix expert is there any program in linux to compress files or directory with rar (.rar)? i am using centos 7 many thanks samad (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abdossamad2003
1 Replies
vga_setegacolor(3)						Svgalib User Manual						vga_setegacolor(3)

NAME
vga_setegacolor - set the current color SYNOPSIS
#include <vga.h> void vga_setegacolor(int color); DESCRIPTION
Set the current color to be a color resembling the color-th EGA coler. This works regardless of the depth of the current video mode. The color is used by vga_drawpixel(3) and vga_drawline(3). Valid values for color are: 0 - black. 1 - blue. 2 - green. 3 - cyan. 4 - red. 5 - magenta. 6 - brown. 7 - grey. 8 - dark grey (light black). 9 - light blue. 10 - light green. 11 - light cyan. 12 - light red. 13 - light magenta. 14 - yellow (light brown). 15 - white (light grey). The fun(6) and vgatest(6) demos show the basic use of this function. SEE ALSO
svgalib(7), vgagl(7), libvga.config(5), fun(6), vgatest(6), vga_setcolor(3), vga_setrgbcolor(3), vga_drawpixel(3), vga_drawline(3) AUTHOR
This manual page was edited by Michael Weller <eowmob@exp-math.uni-essen.de>. The exact source of the referenced function as well as of the original documentation is unknown. It is very likely that both are at least to some extent are due to Harm Hanemaayer <H.Hanemaayer@inter.nl.net>. Occasionally this might be wrong. I hereby asked to be excused by the original author and will happily accept any additions or corrections to this first version of the svgalib manual. Svgalib (>;= 1.2.11) 27 July 1997 vga_setegacolor(3)